PDA

View Full Version : Old-time Musicians?

dataknight
05-16-2010, 05:02 PM
We just moved to TV and I love to play Appalachian old-time music. Does anyone know of a club or jam in TV or who would like to help start an old-time music jam here? I play fiddle and claw-hammer banjo.

Bob45
05-16-2010, 05:17 PM
There is a bluegrass group that meets at Sea Breeze every Wed. from 1:00 to 3:00. I think it's what your looking for. Have fun.
Bob

dataknight
05-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks, Bob. I was at the bluegrass club last week and plan to continue going there. I played bass and a little fiddle there. The type of music I'm looking for here actually preceeds bluegrass and is more of an old mountain music style that is mainly fiddles and open-back clawhammer banjos jamming away. Hope to see you at the bg club sometimes.
John

sandybill2
05-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Went to Bluegrass Performance Club meeting today at the New Seabreeze Rec Center for the first time--- We thoroughly enjoyed listening to the musicians and plan to go back. They were lacking some of their players but still put on quite a show---two hours of bluegrass music--we would highly recommend this to any Villager that enjoys bluegrass/gospel music.