PDA

View Full Version : Stacking washer and dryer

mgman
05-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Has anyone tried stacking a pair of the new front loader w/d in order to save room. We don't want one of those smaller over/under units. If it can be done, it would leave room for a second frig or freezer. Or, where else do you put a second frig?

getdul981
05-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Hey Chuck (or Jan),

We're planning on bringing a freezer that we now keep in the garage. Is that not an option for you?

Oops, this is in the wrong location. Should be with the post about a second fridge or freezer.

I hope Tony doesn't beat me ove this.

IndianaSam
05-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Yes I have mine stacked they are the large ones LG Brand and they work just fine if you dont mind bending way down to load and unload the washer.I will be moving them with me to The Villages and plan to unstack them as I will have more room. My husband was concerned about the virbration when the washer is spinning, was that hard on the dryer. Not sure about that. Hope this helps you out .

Susan

Bonny
05-28-2010, 03:05 PM
I have had heavy duty stack washer & dryers for the last 20 plus years. I would never have anything else. Mine is a Whirlpool and I love it. The one I have now is about 12 years old.

jebartle
05-29-2010, 06:38 AM
I had a set in NC, loved it, so easy to load dryer, ours was gas, now have front load, but miss convenience of loading dryer...ours was Sears

Bryant
06-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Bought Whirlpool Duet 6-1/2 yrs. ago. Asked installer to stack them for the same reason you mention. He placed black matting between the 2. I have had no problems with this set-up.

getdul981
08-02-2010, 07:47 AM
I just remembered that when we had the serviceman out to do an inspection of our washer before the warranty ran out, I asked him about stacking the dryer on top of the washer (when we get one to match). He told me that we could do it, but if the washer ever needed to have anything done to it, the service people cannot remove the dryer from the washer to do the service. Has anyone ever encountered this?

BogeyBoy
08-02-2010, 08:12 AM
We've had two stacking washer/dryers.

First set was a Kenmore. Still working fine, very easy to load and unload. Did have to get a repair on the washer once, dryer had to be moved and I don't recall any issue from the service tech.

Second set was a GE. Ended up being higher and a little difficult to load/unload dryer so we placed them side by side. Have had some problems with clothes getting off balance in the front loading washer, especially towels. If they were still stacked that may have caused some issues.

Prefer the Kenmore product over the GE.

jebartle
08-02-2010, 09:25 AM
We had stacking washer/dryer in our former home and absolutely LOVED them....Soooo easy to load and unload....Ours was a Maytag, never a problem....Highly recommend.