PDA

View Full Version : Live In Caregiver Position

mgersh
05-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Dear Friends and Fellow Villagers,

A close friend and neighbor of ours is in a real bind. She (Connie Kay) has MS and an unusual blood disorder that resulted in a blood clot that caused permanent damage to her spinal cord. She has been wheelchair bound since (over a year now) and requires considerable care.* Connie has been in rehab in a facility in Lady Lake recovering from pressure sores for several weeks and was about to be discharged. She had a live in caregiver, however this individual recently quit and till she finds a replacement she can’t go home.
If any of you know of someone who meets the requirements spelled out below she would be eternally grateful if you would put them in touch with her. Additionally if you could spread the word to friends and family, together we might be able to find someone to help this lovely woman.
Sincerely yours,
Marty & Rosemary Gershowitz

SEEKING: full time live in assistant to care for a 63-year-old female in a power wheelchair with spinal cord injury; little use of legs, Fair shoulder and arm movement. Room and Board plus stipend CALL: 352-446-3091

DUTIES
Morning program: bowel, shower, dress, etc.
Laundry
Meals: planning, shopping, preparing. cooking and cleaning
Errands: such as drugstore, as needed
Driving: occasional appointments, therapy, recreation activities
Housekeeping: picking up, keeping clean and organized
Bedtime: assisting in getting to bed
Medication: assisting with weekly preparation and daily taking of pills
Other: little things that come up, such as occasional spills, dropping things, etc.

QUALIFICATIONS
Experience:
healthcare
working with the elderly, or disabled
excellent references, personal and professional
Personal qualifications:
non-smoking
Limited use of alcohol, if any
must be physically fit
pleasant disposition, sense of humor
ability to drive handicapped van
organized personality
drivers license
good problem solving abilities
willingness to learn new things

BENEFITS
Beautiful home:
Private bedroom
Private. Bathroom, except visitors must share on occasion
Living in The Villages, Florida: a very active senior retirement community with opportunity for activities and new friends
Pleasant household
Occasional visits and assistance from extended family and wonderful grandchildren.

BEFORE INTERVIEW
References received
Resume received
DMV/criminal/credit background check
Phone contact

mnsnowbird
01-18-2012, 10:00 AM
My name is Janice DuBois and I am qualified and very interested in this position. I have references and am a 53 year old village resident please call me 763-234-3098

eweissenbach
01-18-2012, 10:08 AM
My name is Janice DuBois and I am qualified and very interested in this position. I have references and am a 53 year old village resident please call me 763-234-3098

Janice; That post was from more than a year and a half ago. You should probably call the number in the post to inquire whether any help is still needed. The poster only made that one post, so would assume they are not on TOTV often, and therefore not likely to see your response. If they have no need, I would advertise in the Sun, as I would imagine there are more than a few opportunities to provide that sort of care. Good luck!

mnsnowbird
01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks, today is my first day on talk of the villages - I'll take your suggestion

eweissenbach
01-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks, today is my first day on talk of the villages - I'll take your suggestion

Good luck and welcome to TOTV, the best source of information about the Villages and related subjects on the planet.