PDA

View Full Version : Jack

redwitch
06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
I bought 2 used tires for my golf cart. It turns out that my car jack won't fit the cart. So, does anyone have a jack I can borrow or would be willing to help me put the tires on at their house? (I'd ask my neighbors but they'd offer to help me and all of them are either elderly or ill.)

macro
06-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I bought 2 used tires for my golf cart. It turns out that my car jack won't fit the cart. So, does anyone have a jack I can borrow or would be willing to help me put the tires on at their house? (I'd ask my neighbors but they'd offer to help me and all of them are either elderly or ill.)

Wish I was down there already but won't be there 'till 1st week of Aug. I'm hoping my motorcycle jack will work for me When I need to change tires. PM me if you don't get it done B4 then.

zcaveman
06-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Any kind of scissor/accordion/screw jack should work. See if a neighbor has a foreign car or a Dodge Neon type car (which I have). The jack works great.

MelZ
06-19-2010, 08:52 AM

If you can wait 3 weeks I will happy to help

hoseman
06-19-2010, 09:16 AM
An 8' 2x4 as a fulcrum won't lift two wheels in the air?

getdul981
06-19-2010, 12:30 PM
An 8' 2x4 as a fulcrum won't lift two wheels in the air?

That would be the lever. You need a large block of wood or a cinder block or log or something like that for the fulcrum.

ajbrown
06-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Sadly, I am not around now to help out, but just want to share what I did my first time down until I brought some tools from my northern home. I went out to Lowe's or Home Depot and spent $10 on a 2 ton bottle jack. handy to have, easy to store.

Works great for changing tires, but IMO DO NOT get under a cart without investing in jack stands......