PDA

View Full Version : Want to rent a specific cart...

wlou
06-20-2010, 04:42 PM
We have been coming down to our home in TV for 3 years now and still have not bought a golf cart b/c the house was in the rental program..Long story short, its out and we try to rent different golf carts each time we r down so that when our home sells, we will know which cart we want. This trip ( end of this month for two weeks) we want to rent a Par Car that has the large wheels. We rented from Columbia Par car last time but they have no carts for rent that have the large wheels. We dont care whether its elec or gas just the larger wheels and that it is a par car. We are trying to determine if the ride is that much better so when we buy, we'll know...Anyone know anyone that has a cart like this for rent??? Any help/info is appreciated!

texasfal
06-22-2010, 10:32 AM
How large are you thinking abut? Remember some wheeels are not allowed on the golf courses.

wlou
06-24-2010, 01:31 PM
just the larger ones that are allowed on all of the golf courses.I think they are the 10 Inch??? Most folks here have them but most rental companies do not use them, so we are trying to see if they are worth the extra expense when we decide to buy...thats all...

ajbrown
06-24-2010, 01:44 PM
I think you are looking for the Par Car with the 13" wheels with low profile tires.

I suspect folks that rent carts for a business do not rent Par Car as much as it is a bit more difficult to get parts for them versus EZGO, Club Car, etc.

Have you called Par Car this year? Possible the have some, especially if you are "interested" in buying one if the rental works out well.