PDA

View Full Version : Unread posts

villagetinker
11-28-2019, 07:15 PM
There seems to be a 'new' feature on the site, after the new posts I get the message below:

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

followed by several dozen posts that I am not interested in looking at, so my question, is there a setting to turn off this feature? If so where do I find it?

Thank you,
VT

11-28-2019, 07:26 PM
When you finish reading threads you’re interested in, click Quick Links, then click Mark Forums Read. Your next logon will only show threads updated since your previous visit.

ColdNoMore
11-28-2019, 08:57 PM
When you finish reading threads you’re interested in, click Quick Links, then click Mark Forums Read. Your next logon will only show threads updated since your previous visit.

Actually, there's some kind of glitch currently going on with the site...compared to how it has historically worked.

I reported it here.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/1697891-post12.html

Thanks. :ho:

ColdNoMore
11-28-2019, 09:04 PM
In fact, I took this screen-shot of my 'User CP' AFTER the above post.

I, of course, subscribed to it, but note that it's not even showing...much less showing as having been read.

There are also a whole lot of other threads that I've subscribed to in recent days (since the last thread shown in the screen-shot), but are not showing up in my User CP (screen-shot doesn't show all of them, but they just keep getting older).

graciegirl
11-29-2019, 07:15 AM
Actually, there's some kind of glitch currently going on with the site...compared to how it has historically worked.

I reported it here.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/1697891-post12.html

Thanks. :ho:

He is right. Something weird going on. There are six pages of "new posts".

Bay Kid
11-29-2019, 08:42 AM
Something to do.

dewilson58
11-29-2019, 09:42 AM
He is right. Something weird going on. There are six pages of "new posts".

After I post, the thread disappears.

I think it comes back if someone posts after me.

:faint:

graciegirl
11-29-2019, 10:19 AM
After I post, the thread disappears.

I think it comes back if someone posts after me.

:faint:

Yesterday, after I posted the post disappeared. Happened seven times. I sent a message to TOTV Team. I was beginning to think it was the moderator.

Naw I was just mashin' your tators. I was deleted and deleted and deleted. There is one who likes me on today. Well, we'll wait and see.

dewilson58
11-29-2019, 11:12 AM
Yesterday, after I posted the post disappeared. Happened seven times. I sent a message to TOTV Team. I was beginning to think it was the moderator.

It appears the thread goes away until someone else posts.

ColdNoMore
11-29-2019, 10:17 PM
Dear management.

Things are still goofy, so here's hoping the site...is fixed soon. :ho:

billethkid
11-30-2019, 09:06 AM
Just replied to a thread and the thread did not appear after submitting.

Could it be a new routine allowing moderators to view replies before showing? Probably not as the pace of posts would be over whelming.

However, the post/reply routine is still amiss.

dewilson58
11-30-2019, 09:09 AM
Just replied to a thread and the thread did not appear after submitting.

Could it be a new routine allowing moderators to view replies before showing? Probably not as the pace of posts would be over whelming.

However, the post/reply routine is still amiss.

it should come back when someone posts on it.

:ho:

billethkid
11-30-2019, 09:44 AM
Yes it did.
Means others can see the reply instantly while those who posted get it after a reply.

A bit odd.