PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Admin. to this site?

NotGolfer
12-08-2019, 09:52 AM
I see I'm not the only one having issues with posts being posted on ToTV. I'll comment and they disappear. I attributed it to a glitch over the holiday weekend but now it's a week later and still NO improvement. NOT complaining but wondering if they've started something new here (ie. vetting posts before allowing them). Also, there are "pages" and "pages" of posts that aren't new.

graciegirl
12-08-2019, 10:00 AM
I see I'm not the only one having issues with posts being posted on ToTV. I'll comment and they disappear. I attributed it to a glitch over the holiday weekend but now it's a week later and still NO improvement. NOT complaining but wondering if they've started something new here (ie. vetting posts before allowing them). Also, there are "pages" and "pages" of posts that aren't new.

I agree and now you have posted who I know to be very patient and fair.

And so did Frank DeAngelo who is also the epitome of good sense and fairness.

Me, I am often diverted and delighted and get in trouble here with the brass. (I would in fairness like to point out, that never in school, in business, in the PTA or scouts or any other thing in real life have I been in trouble. I HAVE gotten two speeding tickets about twenty years ago. Being in trouble is new for me.;) )

I find this whole thing discouraging, debilitating but not deleting, I am not allowed to use that word, deleting is a bad word.

justjim
12-08-2019, 10:14 AM
Frankly, don’t followup on my posts all the time but I haven’t noticed this problem. Hmm...

JimJohnson
12-08-2019, 10:16 AM
I still post every day and never have seen a deletion. I would recommend if your losing posts to go back and review the site rules. You may be breaking a rule without knowing. I will also say, this site is far more enjoyable than in the days when it was to liberal on enforcing civil conversations.

KathieI
12-08-2019, 10:16 AM

Thank you, now I know I'm not crazy. I don't post often on TOTV but I just posted a question in the computer thread and although its showing up on the proper thread, its not showing up on New Posts?? I thought also it had to do with vetting since I don't post much anymore but apparently not. I'll try bumping it.

John_W
12-08-2019, 10:22 AM
I believe the admin did it intentionally because if you don't see your post in "New Posts" for an hour or so, it will end the give-and-take responses that create many of the problems. Now, when you post, that's the end of it for a couple of hours. As I explained on another thread, if you really want to see your post and any responses, go to your profile and look under "Statistics" and then look up posts and they will appear there .

KathieI
12-08-2019, 10:26 AM
I believe the admin did it intentionally because if you don't see your post in "New Posts" for an hour or so, it will end the give-and-take responses that create many of the problems. Now, when you post, that's the end of it for a couple of hours. As I explained on another thread, if you really want to see your post and any responses, go to your profile and look under "Statistics" and then look up posts and they will appear there .

Oh great:shocked: That's a pain.. But thanks John W for the explanation, I will do what you suggest.

blueash
12-08-2019, 10:49 AM
The other new behavior is the new posts tab no longer works, which was my standard way of using the site. Now I always get:

Sorry, there are no new threads to view.

You may search for threads updated during the previous 24 hours, here.

So it is one more step as I click on the here link. This began maybe two weeks ago.

CWGUY
12-08-2019, 10:53 AM

Oh great:shocked: That's a pain.. But thanks John W for the explanation, I will do what you suggest.

:ho: An easier way is to go to "QUICK LINKS" up near New Posts and then click "TODAY'S POSTS" :)

Chi-Town
12-08-2019, 10:55 AM
I also noticed the site changed just around Thanksgiving. I get error messages and Tapatalk does not open threads. Might be a new sherriff in town.

KathieI
12-08-2019, 11:05 AM
:ho: An easier way is to go to "QUICK LINKS" up near New Posts and then click "TODAY'S POSTS" :)

Wow,,,, :MOJE_whot: Thank you Guy,,,:ho: yes there it is. But I wonder why??

CWGUY
12-08-2019, 11:13 AM
I agree and now you have posted who I know to be very patient and fair.

And so did Frank DeAngelo who is also the epitome of good sense and fairness.

Me, I am often diverted and delighted and get in trouble here with the brass. (I would in fairness like to point out, that never in school, in business, in the PTA or scouts or any other thing in real life have I been in trouble. I HAVE gotten two speeding tickets about twenty years ago. Being in trouble is new for me.;) )

I find this whole thing discouraging, debilitating but not deleting, I am not allowed to use that word, deleting is a bad word.

;) Gracie I think you enjoy having the aura of being a "Bad Girl" :faint: Am I wrong? :laugh:

graciegirl
12-08-2019, 11:25 AM
;) Gracie I think you enjoy having the aura of being a "Bad Girl" :faint: Am I wrong? :laugh:

Yeah. I am pretty boring. ;)

12-08-2019, 11:53 AM
The Moderators are aware of the change in behavior of the "New Posts" function and have alerted the System Admin and Tech Staff. We are still waiting for their official word on whether this is a feature or a bug.

Posts are not disappearing unless they were deleted for violating site rules.

Moderators

CWGUY
12-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Wow,,,, :MOJE_whot: Thank you Guy,,,:ho: yes there it is. But I wonder why??

You're very welcome! Was driving me crazy too. :ho: Like the new pic. too.

JimJohnson
12-08-2019, 12:37 PM
I am stunned by the outrage about an issue with this site. Where is the basic trust. TOTV is and has been a friend, a service, a helper to all of us. Please before starting a conspiracy theory relax and give the system time to work. All apologies will be appreciated.

CWGUY
12-08-2019, 12:45 PM
:shrug: I think it was Groucho Marx who said:

“I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member”

graciegirl
12-08-2019, 01:35 PM
In grade school did you sing a song about a little brown ring?

JimJohnson
12-08-2019, 02:07 PM
///

Velvet
12-08-2019, 02:57 PM
This is a fun thread to read. I noticed the change in the way the treads are shown too.

Under a black line it says these are threads you haven’t read yet. And if I post something that particular thread disappears. If I need to spell correct I retrieve the thread by tapping “Home” and picking it up from there.