PDA

View Full Version : Well, that was weird. (Log In Issue)

Boomer
02-07-2020, 02:28 PM
About half an hour ago, I was going to log in, but when I looked at the place for my screen name — in the top right corner (old version) another poster’s name was in my spot.

I immediately logged out, under that name.

When I tried to log in again, the screen said, “Welcome” — which is usual, of course, but the name being welcomed was yet a different poster’s name.

Now, I am logged in as myself — I hope.

Both of the other posters whose names had appeared where mine should have are perfectly nice posters who have been around here for a while. I know this was not some sort of attempt at hacking or Boomer Impersonators or anything like that — just some weird crossed wires.

Maybe there could still be a bug or two in this transition.

(I guess I probably should PM the two posters whose names got mixed up with mine, to make them aware of what happened so they can check to make sure they are not accidentally showing up as me. :) )

coffeebean
02-08-2020, 07:27 AM
I hope the TOTV Team sees this thread so they can fix the "bug".

Two Bills
02-08-2020, 08:22 AM
It is the 'Twilight Zone!'
I was someone else yesterday, another person today.
If in the old version, and not signed in, there is fun to be had posting as someone else!

Definitely a bug, or deliberate to stop us using old version?

Tuly914
02-08-2020, 08:37 AM
Had the same problem yesterday. Wouldn't even allow me to get in. Kept saying invalid name/password. Today I clicked on the email link to read this post, and it said welcome Tommy. I immediately logged out, relogged in, and there I was. Definitely a bug in the system.

graciegirl
02-08-2020, 09:18 AM
About half an hour ago, I was going to log in, but when I looked at the place for my screen name — in the top right corner (old version) another poster’s name was in my spot.

When I tried to log in again, the screen said, “Welcome” — which is usual, of course, but the name being welcomed was yet a different poster’s name.

Both of the other posters whose names had appeared where mine should have are perfectly nice posters who have been around here for a while. I know this was not some sort of attempt at hacking or Boomer Impersonators or anything like that — just some weird crossed wires.

(I guess I probably should PM the two posters whose names got mixed up with mine, to make them aware of what happened so they can check to make sure they are not accidentally showing up as me. :) )

When odd things like that happen on this forum, I immediately go to settings and check for updates in security and usually there is one. I have had odd things like the cursor jumping and I always suspect a virus or a hack on here. Usually when I return to TOTV the problem is gone.

ColdNoMore
02-08-2020, 10:14 AM

Who are you?

:D

Two Bills
02-09-2020, 09:24 AM
Yesterday I was banned for sending spam from a email addy I do not have.
Today I have been banned for having two or more accounts!
Can't wait to see what I get banned for tomorrow.

Velvet
02-09-2020, 10:20 AM
Yesterday I was banned for sending spam from a email addy I do not have.
Today I have been banned for having two or more accounts!
Can't wait to see what I get banned for tomorrow.

Must be something you’ve said.... ;) so far I can’t blame any other posters for my posts.

TOTV Team
02-25-2020, 03:05 PM
This is was all taken care of we just wanted to make sure a follow up was posted.