PDA

View Full Version : Access To Other’s Accounts

English Ivy
02-09-2020, 09:19 AM
I no longer live in The Villages and have not posted in years. The last time I logged in was December 2016.

However I still occasionally read the posts, but not as a logged in member. In the past few days when I have clicked on various posts to read it shows I am logged in as various different members with access to everything in their accounts including private messages.

This morning I was reading the post about bad drivers and it showed I was logged in as GracieGirl.

Admins, you have a major issue to look into.

dewilson58
02-09-2020, 09:23 AM
You are not the only one.

"Talk" has a bug...........it's flu season for them too.

:shocked:

OrangeBlossomBaby
02-09-2020, 10:58 AM
Yeah this is a serious security issue, if people have access to other accounts including private messages, login info, ability to change profile info, etc.

I haven't had this occur, but it makes me wonder if anyone else has been able to log in as me, and just hasn't told me yet.

Inexes@aol.com
02-09-2020, 04:02 PM
I no longer live in The Villages and have not posted in years. The last time I logged in was December 2016.

However I still occasionally read the posts, but not as a logged in member. In the past few days when I have clicked on various posts to read it shows I am logged in as various different members with access to everything in their accounts including private messages.

This morning I was reading the post about bad drivers and it showed I was logged in as GracieGirl.

Admins, you have a major issue to look into.

I receive TOTV news via email and it addressed this issue..... they are aware and working on same........

TOTV Team
02-11-2020, 02:37 PM
We will look into this. Anyone with this issue please contact us by clicking the link at the bottom of the page so we can get specific information.

graciegirl
02-11-2020, 02:58 PM
We will look into this. Anyone with this issue please contact us by clicking the link at the bottom of the page so we can get specific information.

I think this is what Boomer was talking about a few days ago.

Boomer
02-11-2020, 08:08 PM
I think this is what Boomer was talking about a few days ago.

You are right as far as it went. I don’t know about the PM access this OP mentioned though because I don’t do much with PMs. In all my years here my PMs have been few and far between. But it sure is especially creepy to think that people could have accidental access to others’ PMs. (If I were someone with a stack of PMs, this would creep me out enough to make me keep up with deleting, which is what I have always done anyway, after the communication is finished.)

My issue was when I logged in there were two different posters’ names appearing where mine should have been. I did PM each of them to let them know. Nice posters, both, but we seemed to be caught in some weird cyberspace crossed wires thing.

Also, sometimes I think I have logged out only to see hours or a day or so later that my green light has stayed on.

TOTV Team
02-12-2020, 02:56 PM
This issue is now resolved. If you experience anything further please click the contact us at the bottom of the page.