PDA

View Full Version : New Format Suggestions

TOTV Team
02-12-2020, 03:00 PM
We have implemented dozens of suggestions by users to improve the new format of the website. We appreciate all the specific suggestions provided so we could improve.

If you have any further specific suggestions on how to make it better please feel free to communicate those to us. The old format is no longer supported so we want to make sure we have the new format as good as it can be for the majority of the users.

buzzy
02-12-2020, 04:05 PM
We have implemented dozens of suggestions by users to improve the new format of the website. We appreciate all the specific suggestions provided so we could improve.

If you have any further specific suggestions on how to make it better please feel free to communicate those to us. The old format is no longer supported so we want to make sure we have the new format as good as it can be for the majority of the users.

I like the latest round of changes, for readability. One request, though. Please make the red "new posts" box bigger. Thanks.

dewilson58
02-12-2020, 04:22 PM
I'm over on the dark side (the new version).

Will give it another try.

:pray:

dewilson58
02-12-2020, 04:25 PM
I'm in Today's Posts.

If you could have better division between threads.......bolder, thicker line.

Maybe rotating lighter & darker backgrounds for each thread.

:ho:

yobeano
02-13-2020, 08:22 AM
Are you still working on "New Posts". That category only contained posts that you have not read.

stan the man
02-13-2020, 08:38 AM
make it possible to block come posters

dewilson58
02-13-2020, 08:42 AM
Are you still working on "New Posts". That category only contained posts that you have not read.

Have you tried "Today's Posts" ???.................does that help??

ureout
02-13-2020, 06:06 PM
I still like the old version MUCH better.. and I agree with dewilson about making the lines dividing each post much darker and thicker... now the posts just seem to run into one another

Polar Bear
02-13-2020, 06:22 PM
...now the posts just seem to run into one another
I definitely agree with this point.

Bjeanj
02-13-2020, 07:23 PM
Thanks for eliminating the pop-up previews!

oldtimes
02-13-2020, 07:30 PM
Please make Today’s Posts available when not logged on.

TOTV Team
02-13-2020, 10:10 PM
I like the latest round of changes, for readability. One request, though. Please make the red "new posts" box bigger. Thanks.

Is this what you mean?

TOTV Team
02-13-2020, 10:11 PM
I'm in Today's Posts.

Thank you. We know it may not be everyone's cup of tea but we are trying to continue to make changes to it is better for everyone. We will research this suggestion more.

TOTV Team
02-13-2020, 10:12 PM

If you haven't read them then they would be new posts for you. What would you like to see?

TOTV Team
02-13-2020, 10:12 PM
make it possible to block come posters

Under your user profile you should be able to block any user you want.

TOTV Team
02-13-2020, 10:13 PM
Please make Today’s Posts available when not logged on.

We will look into this...

Blackie
02-14-2020, 07:09 AM
If possible please increase size of go to “next/newest post” icon for tablet and phone users.

buzzy
02-14-2020, 08:30 AM
Is this what you mean?

No. The square box next to the title. See blackies post with the picture. Thanks

NavyVet
02-14-2020, 11:10 AM
I just wanted to say I like this design just fine. I have had no problems with it.
Kudos to the website developers for their hard work! :coolsmiley:

Blackie
02-14-2020, 11:24 PM
The “last post” column needs widening so the red “go to” icon doesn’t drop down below the posters name so creating a higher/deeper thread title.

yobeano
02-15-2020, 08:18 AM
If you haven't read them then they would be new posts for you. What would you like to see?

That's exactly what I want to see BUT every morning right at the top of the column when I choose "New Posts" i see:

"The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

I'm sure it's me and my little understanding of the forums but if they have not been updated then how can they be new?

ColdNoMore
02-16-2020, 07:14 AM
I'm over on the dark side (the new version).

Will give it another try.
:pray:

I WAS using the old version...until this morning.

Apparently, the choice is now gone...and only the new version is available.

I personally think it is a large step backward. :oops:

ColdNoMore
02-16-2020, 07:36 AM

Well gee, after going to my own profile page, at the bottom I saw that it gave me the option...to go back to the old version.

Even after automatically being forced to the new version last night.

Go figure. :shrug:

Polar Bear
02-16-2020, 09:50 AM
I love the new ability to leave the “Hide Classifieds” function on all the time. :)

How about an option to mark all posts as “read” immediately after hitting the “New Posts” button. (After listing the current new posts of course.)

TOTV Team
02-19-2020, 02:09 PM
Many thanks we will look into all these suggestions and report back!

TOTV Team
02-19-2020, 04:24 PM
I'm in Today's Posts.

We've made some changes here. Please clear your cache and let us know your thoughts or if it can be further improved. - TOTV Team

dewilson58
02-19-2020, 04:37 PM
We've made some changes here. Please clear your cache and let us know your thoughts or if it can be further improved. - TOTV Team

lines look darker

kaznerm
02-19-2020, 06:48 PM
I just enrtered storage cabinets in the search box. I got 5 cabinets, some were really entertainment centers and over 30 Homes!!!! Can the search function be improved to not allow homes in this area. This is my second suggestion, first suggested a dollar amount, once again, trying to filter down to items we are looking for. No answer or reason why. HELP!--Larry Kazner Pine Hills

coffeebean
02-28-2020, 08:42 AM
If possible please increase size of go to “next/newest post” icon for tablet and phone users.

When on my iPhone, I just spread the page with my fingers to zoom. That's a nice feature of the iPhone.

coffeebean
02-28-2020, 08:46 AM

The new version is so much better on my iPhone than the old version so I'm glad we now have only the new and improved version. My reason is simple.....the old version text size was way too small. I had to zoom every page every time. This new version as beautiful readable text size. LOVE IT! Thank you TOTV team.

Blackie
02-28-2020, 10:22 AM
When on my iPhone, I just spread the page with my fingers to zoom. That's a nice feature of the iPhone.

I understand “spread to zoom,” however the gist of the original post was looking for suggestions how to make the UI more user friendly.

So one tap rather than spread to zoom and then tap would be more user friendly. Also when you zoom in you often have to drag the area over to see the area you need zoomed. So that could be 3 actions instead of 1.

TOTV Team
02-28-2020, 04:19 PM
I just enrtered storage cabinets in the search box. I got 5 cabinets, some were really entertainment centers and over 30 Homes!!!! Can the search function be improved to not allow homes in this area. This is my second suggestion, first suggested a dollar amount, once again, trying to filter down to items we are looking for. No answer or reason why. HELP!--Larry Kazner Pine Hills

Kaznerm we will look more into this thank you for the specific suggestion!

TOTV Team
02-28-2020, 04:21 PM
The new version is so much better on my iPhone than the old version so I'm glad we now have only the new and improved version. My reason is simple.....the old version text size was way too small. I had to zoom every page every time. This new version as beautiful readable text size. LOVE IT! Thank you TOTV team.

Thank you for the positive feedback. That's one of the biggest reason we made a change was to meet all the google mobile requirements. There is updated php, code, fonts, etc etc that go into all this.

TOTV Team
02-28-2020, 04:22 PM
I understand “spread to zoom,” however the gist of the original post was looking for suggestions how to make the UI more user friendly.

So one tap rather than spread to zoom and then tap would be more user friendly. Also when you zoom in you often have to drag the area over to see the area you need zoomed. So that could be 3 actions instead of 1.

Thank you for the specific feedback! We will send to the developer and see if we can make this better!

dewilson58
02-29-2020, 08:15 AM
Make the weather section accurate.

CFrance
02-29-2020, 10:34 AM
Make the weather section accurate.
They can't even do that on television!:icon_wink:

coffeebean
05-09-2020, 06:23 AM
The new format has a dark green back round color for the quote box which is great. But.......when a link is included in the quoted comment, the link does not show up because it is also a darkish green in color.

Is there any way to make the color of the link a brighter color so it shows up in the quoted comment against the dark green back round?
Thanks.

Aw Man
05-09-2020, 08:00 AM
The new format has a dark green back round color for the quote box which is great. But.......when a link is included in the quoted comment, the link does not show up because it is also a darkish green in color.

Is there any way to make the color of the link a brighter color so it shows up in the quoted comment against the dark green back round?
Thanks.

I’ve been using the new format since it started. I haven’t experienced the problem you describe.
I do not have a dark green background color for the quote box.
Maybe you have a problem with the color settings on the devices you’re using.

junction29
05-09-2020, 08:29 AM
I still like the old version MUCH better.. and I agree with dewilson about making the lines dividing each post much darker and thicker... now the posts just seem to run into one another

I like the old version better a lot too.👍👍

Why change something that is working just fine?
👿👿

queasy27
05-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Colors are difficult to calibrate because of individual device settings. I use a dark theme on my browsers and the TOTV backgrounds are charcoal and khaki.

It always take time to adjust to user interface changes, but I've gradually settled into the new format. Thanks to the mods for their hard work keeping the site updated!

Barefoot
05-09-2020, 10:51 AM
I like the old version a lot better.
Why change something that is working just fine?
:agree:

Villageswimmer
05-09-2020, 11:05 AM
It would be helpful if the OP were somehow identified throughout a thread. Perhaps a different color, or just “OP” on their subsequent posts. I’ve seen this elsewhere and it’s very helpful, particularly on long threads. Thanks.

anothersteve
05-09-2020, 11:15 AM
How about a notification when someone quotes you and a link to that reply? Or is there a way that happens now?
Steve

Regor
08-12-2020, 04:05 PM
How do I get back to the New version? I went to the old version and I don't care for it.

MSchad
08-12-2020, 07:54 PM
How do I get back to the New version? I went to the old version and I don't care for it.

Just scroll down. There will be a section offering the alternative.

mamamia54
08-13-2020, 08:16 AM
When browsing classifieds, the pictures are hard to take a good look at. It’s not the picture itself, it’s just keeps moving. Maybe a little easier way to see the pics. Thank you!

Arctic Fox
08-13-2020, 09:17 AM

I suspect most people want to look at the new posts when they first log in. Is there a way to make that the default? If not generally, can I set it up personally in my profile?

Thank you