PDA

View Full Version : New York Sports Nut

2BNTV
07-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I was just wondering if Direct TV is the way to go to watch NY sports teams, (Yankees and N.Y. Giants), while in TV. Will I have to get separate companies for phone and internet service. Up north, we have the three in one package for cable, phone and internet for $149 per month from Cablevision.

Can I accomplish all the above with one provider?

2BNTV
07-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Sorry. I am tired. I meant to post this in the General Discussion forum. Is it possible to move it there?

Yoda
07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
GO RED SOX!! :boom: :pepper2:

bluedog103
07-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Nothing like hijacking a thread on the third post is there? Red Sox? Surely you jest!
As far as I can find out, there's no easy way to watch the NY teams. You can get NFL Ticket through Direct TV but it's expensive. I don't know about baseball.
I asked around and the consensus seems to be to go to a sports bar. Some rec centers also show all the NFL games.
If anyone has better info, please chime in. I can't become a frog until the Yankees and Jets are available.

aln
07-11-2010, 08:58 PM
With DirecTV you can buy the NFL Ticket for $300.
The MLB Ticket is about $160
I have both
As far as going to sports bars is concerned..... no sound.... uncomfortable seating... and you'll spend alot more PER GAME than in your home. IMHO.

With 16 NFL games it's $18.75 per game. When I used to go to a sports bar I spent about $30.

And if you're a golf fan, when the majors are on they have a 'featured group', a featured hole or holes, plus the network coverage; or you can watch all 3 on 1 screen. All that w/o any extra cost.

To me it's worth it.

njbchbum
07-12-2010, 06:32 PM
I have both
As far as going to sports bars is concerned..... no sound.... uncomfortable seating... and you'll spend alot more PER GAME than in your home. IMHO.

With 16 NFL games it's $18.75 per game. When I used to go to a sports bar I spent about $30.

And if you're a golf fan, when the majors are on they have a 'featured group', a featured hole or holes, plus the network coverage; or you can watch all 3 on 1 screen. All that w/o any extra cost.

To me it's worth it.

lets all throw aln a coupla bucks and go there to watch the games!!!!!

2BNTV
07-13-2010, 06:45 PM
ALN:
I have both

Can I get phone and internet service with one provider and who would that be?

When I get to TV, it sounds like a good way for sports fans to get together.

dominick
07-14-2010, 05:08 PM
As I've said before--- One of the few things that I don't like about The Villages??? Waaaaay to many Red Sox Fans!!! The Yankees Rule!!!!

aljetmet
07-23-2010, 12:45 PM
I have both the nfl and mlb packages and I'll keep them forever.
Anyway I only watch games with friends who support my teams especailly in my house. I can still hear the announcer say "The ball gets by Buckner, Ray Knight scores" How sweet:D

Kelsie52
07-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Mets/Jets/StJohns---- :beer3:

Ohiogirl
07-23-2010, 01:50 PM
We are moving down this fall, have had Basic Cable with Comcast (the expensive one for about $64/mo) while we have had tenants for 4 years.

Don't care about Yankees, Jets, Red Sox, etc., but someone has to care about the poor Cleveland Browns/Indians/Cavs (Ohioboy does, along with my transplanted daughter and son-in-law in Orlando). Both of us care about Ohio State (football, basketball, baseball), and I am a Cincinnati Reds fan.

Here in Ohio we have Fox Sports Ohio, Sports Time Ohio and of course, The Big Ten Network. Combined, those channels carry most of the games that are not carried on the national/regional networks such as ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS, ABC and NBC.

After calling around a few months ago (when we decided to move our retirement timetable up a couple of years), we found that Dish Network offered the best solution for us. You can get a package with the Ohio channels. Couldn't do that with DirectTV or Comcast. I would assume you have similar local/regional sports channels in NY so my advice would be to call Dish Network before you make a final decision.

Am not sure yet what will happen to the regional OSU games that will get bumped for the SEC games, but if that happens there is always Tony Packo's. We like to go to some of those anyway.

aljetmet
07-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Mets/Jets/StJohns---- :beer3:

Kelsie, when it comes to the Big East, I am a UCONN fan. Lived their 25 years. Did see The Lovin Spooful and Spanky and Our Gang on you home floor circa 1968... If I keep employed, see you in early 2113.

Kelsie52
07-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Kelsie, when it comes to the Big East, I am a UCONN fan. Lived their 25 years. Did see The Lovin Spooful and Spanky and Our Gang on you home floor circa 1968... If I keep employed, see you in early 2113.

2 out of 3 --as they say "aint bad"----

I will have the games ready for you ---hope to be there in Oct watching my house be built ====

Shirleevee
07-23-2010, 05:54 PM
As I've said before--- One of the few things that I don't like about The Villages??? Waaaaay to many Red Sox Fans!!! The Yankees Rule!!!!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! $200.00 Comcast MLB package and the NYY Oldtimers game and anything played vs. the Rays is blacked out......even though played in NY ???????

aljetmet
07-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! $200.00 Comcast MLB package and the NYY Oldtimers game and anything played vs. the Rays is blacked out......even though played in NY ???????
If the game was televised on the Rays regional sports channel you might have seen the game there. Directv will try to find another channel if you try to record a game on a channel blacked out. Good luck next time...