PDA

View Full Version : Maps of cart paths?

champion6
07-16-2010, 01:37 PM
I know that the golf cart paths are shown on the $5 TV map. Is there a "smaller" map available that clearly identifies the golf carts paths, tunnels, etc.? Ideally, one that is electronic and downloadable.

logdog
07-16-2010, 02:59 PM
The VCDD web site has downloadable maps that show the cart paths but it is very hard to read. The $5 map is really the best source. After you've been here for awhile, you can pretty much figure out where tunnels should be based on knowing which roads you can't cross (anything with a speed limit over 30 mph) and any road with a no cart sign. Having said that, I did miss a tunnel last month on the old side and crossed a road I wasn't supposed to. Keeps the wife awake...

Also, any time you pull your cart over on a path (which we do frequently to enjoy the wildlife), several carts will stop to make sure you're alright and/or not lost.

The VCDD map is here: http://districtgov.org/yourdistrict/districtmap/index.aspx

Hawkwind
07-16-2010, 03:59 PM
I know that the golf cart paths are shown on the $5 TV map. Is there a "smaller" map available that clearly identifies the golf carts paths, tunnels, etc.? Ideally, one that is electronic and downloadable.

Go to the sales office and ask for a cart trail map and get a couple of copies. It is an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet with the cart paths marked in red. I first received on on a LSP last year and it is invaluable to those people new to TV. I just folded the map and put it under the score card holder and never left home without it.

It would be nice to have that map scanned and made available online but I have found nothing that compares to it other than the $5.00 map you mentioned.

starflyte1
07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
I live on the north side and the cart paths are not well mapped on any map I have found. There are shortcuts thru neighborhoods and cuts in fences that I can't find mapped. Sometimes we just go "exploring".

Bosoxfan
07-16-2010, 06:10 PM
I found that exploring was the way to go. Not only did I learn how to get auround on my cart , I met a lot of nice folks willing to give me assistance if I were lost. Half of the fun living in the villages is the golf cart. I know folks who either don't have a cart or are afraid to go out exploring. These are the only people I know that aren't sure if they made the right move to the villages Coincidence...???