PDA

View Full Version : Grass Cuttings in the Lakes, etc

Debfrommaine
07-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Have noticed some of the lakes are filling with grass cuttings. Is there a service that comes around and cleans this stuff out?

graciegirl
07-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Do you mean some kind of plant growing in them? I don't think anyone dumps grass cuttings in the water here.

DickY
07-20-2010, 09:02 AM
I think it is the cuttings from normal grounds maintenance that gets blown into the retention ponds. They will come around with a boat and skim them to to clean them up.

Barefoot
07-20-2010, 12:58 PM
I think it is the cuttings from normal grounds maintenance that gets blown into the retention ponds. They will come around with a boat and skim them to to clean them up.

I'm just curious DickY, do you know how often they skim the retention ponds?

bike42
07-20-2010, 02:07 PM
More likely what you are seeing is submerged pond vegetation that gets abundant at this time of the year. If it's choking a lake they will send out a harvesting boat to clean it up.

Debfrommaine
07-20-2010, 06:33 PM
One more question, have noticed some fake flowers in the gardens here and there - are they allowed?

Jeff Bieberfeld
07-20-2010, 06:55 PM
One more question, have noticed some fake flowers in the gardens here and there - are they allowed?

am sure that there is no restriction on that sort of thing; one cannot legislate good taste however!
:shrug:

Pturner
07-20-2010, 10:38 PM

Curious where you have seen this?

Debfrommaine
07-21-2010, 05:22 AM
They are in "flower" beds in a yard.

zcaveman
07-21-2010, 07:11 AM
And what is the problem with fake flowers in the flower beds?

Pats2010
07-21-2010, 07:51 AM
And what is the problem with fake flowers in the flower beds?

:D Well, at least they ain't pink flamingos.:mornincoffee:

Barefoot
07-21-2010, 04:39 PM

Depends on the area. Historical has lots of interesting properties. There are different covenants for different Villages.

I hope Community Watch is too busy with important stuff to monitor flower beds.

zcaveman
07-21-2010, 07:33 PM
I still do not understand why it matters. Can someone please explain to me what is wrong with fake flowers?

My curious mind wants to know.

Barefoot
07-21-2010, 10:44 PM
I still do not understand why it matters. Can someone please explain to me what is wrong with fake flowers? My curious mind wants to know.

Nothing wrong with fake flowers. Everything has a place. However if Debfrommaine can spot the fake flowers from the street, I'd say they probably don't blend in with the ambiance. Just a guess.

graciegirl
07-22-2010, 04:55 AM
I think that the trouble with fake flowers here in this lush tropical setting is that natural flowers grow so easily and with abundance that the fake ones just kinda look............obvious and....uh....fake.

And apparently they aren't allowed.

getdul981
07-22-2010, 07:00 AM
But you don't have to water them.

zcaveman
07-22-2010, 10:59 AM
I think that the trouble with fake flowers here in this lush tropical setting is that natural flowers grow so easily and with abundance that the fake ones just kinda look............obvious and....uh....fake.

And apparently they aren't allowed.

Beg to differ. In this lush setting, not many pretty flowers grow for long. For five years I donated money to Porters and Loews for their flowers and soil enhancers and planted and nurtured and watered with Miracle-gro, etc. The flowers lasted about two to three months and then the brutal sun killed everything planted. When you get back here, drive around and you will see that only the green plants survive in this weather. If you want color you will plant quarterly like the Villages does. I - and several other neighbors in the area - have some special type roses that bloom like crazy in the spring and then sparingly in the summer. They mostly look dead.

And I would like to see where in the deed restrictions that "they are not allowed".