PDA

View Full Version : Cussing female on multimodal path

missypie
04-01-2020, 05:55 PM
We were in the Fenney area today walking with our 2 grandkids when we heard a ding ding bell. When we turned around she was cussing up a storm telling us to walk in single file. She was riding a bicycle. This is not an easy time for anyone. But to cuss at us was disheartening. I'm sure she is stressed at home, but please not in front of the kids. They are not here on vacation.

Mosells
04-01-2020, 06:01 PM
They’re AH everywhere, just ignore her.

Topspinmo
04-01-2020, 06:03 PM
When traffic coming you should walk single file and be ready to get off path out of harms way. I wouldn’t want to be dead right. Sorry she couldn’t of said it more politely. Cussing in front of kids was uncalled for.

Group2100
04-01-2020, 06:08 PM
I wonder if it was the same "lady" who angrily confronted my wife and I as we walked along the Hogeye Preserve multi-modal path on Monday morning claiming we were walking on the "wrong side" of the path? Apparently there are people who have appointed themselves as deputies of the law. :( I am sorry your grandchildren were exposed to such rudeness.

Rapscallion St Croix
04-01-2020, 06:15 PM
If OP had to turn around to see the lady, OP was walking on the wrong side of the pathway.

Velvet
04-01-2020, 06:16 PM
So were you guys all walking side by side? Just trying to picture the situation.

missypie
04-01-2020, 06:55 PM
We were just 2 grandparents and a family walking along with a stroller. Try telling a 5 year old and 6 year old to walk in single file. They were jyst so excited to go to put put but this old cranky lady was a nut case and to cuss was so sad.

missypie
04-01-2020, 06:59 PM
Well not in front of kids

Velvet
04-01-2020, 07:01 PM
Well, no excuse for cussing, she could have just yelled she is coming through. At least she didn’t run anyone down. That’s my fear when I am out walking.

DianeM
04-01-2020, 07:02 PM
Well not in front of kids

Adults are free to use any language they wish.

graciegirl
04-01-2020, 07:19 PM

Wait. What?

Not if you were raised by my mother. How we talk and what we say should be dictated by the audience and the circumstances. It's called good manners which to me just means kindness and respect. It isn't that I don't use colorful language but I certainly would try to think of children present.

n8xwb
04-01-2020, 07:28 PM
No excuse for the cussing, but you were equally at fault -- if you had to turn around, you were walking on the wrong side of the path! You need to walk against traffic. (If perchance the bicycle was driving on the left side of the path, which I doubt, please disregard my comment!)

DianeM
04-01-2020, 07:29 PM
Wait. What?

Not if you were raised by my mother. How we talk and what we say should be dictated by the audience and the circumstances. It's called good manners which to me just means kindness and respect. It isn't that I don't use colorful language but I certainly would try to think of children present.

This is an ADULT community. If kids hear more than they should then leave them home.

Dcurrie911
04-01-2020, 08:03 PM
DianeM, by chance were you the crazy lady on the path?

Polite language is appropriate no mater the age. That is why they call it polite.

Dan

DianeM
04-01-2020, 08:22 PM
DianeM, by chance were you the crazy lady on the path?

Polite language is appropriate no mater the age. That is why they call it polite.

Dan

I don’t even know what a multimodal path is so no.

I am polite but if I do swear, I’m not looking around first.

EdFNJ
04-01-2020, 08:28 PM

Basically what many folks call the "golf cart path." Multi-modal refers to the FACT that it can be used by any "mode" of transportation from feet to wheels and NOT reserved for golf carts.

DianeM
04-01-2020, 08:39 PM
Basically what many folks call the "golf cart path." Multi-modal refers to the FACT that it can be used by any "mode" of transportation from feet to wheels and NOT reserved for golf carts.

Thank you.

missypie
04-01-2020, 08:43 PM
Wait. What?

Thank you. She was vile.

Stormlover
04-01-2020, 09:16 PM
EVERYONE serves a purpose in life. Her purpose was to serve as a bad example. Teaching moment right there for the kids on how ugly some people can be.

JoMar
04-01-2020, 09:29 PM
This is an ADULT community. If kids hear more than they should then leave them home.

Were you riding the bike? Attitude fits.

eyc234
04-01-2020, 09:38 PM
This is a MULTI MODAL pathway, not a road or a street. You do not have to walk into the traffic and you do not have to walk in a single file. First words are MULTI MODAL, not cart, bike, roller blades or anything else. It also does not say anything about a transportation street, road, boulevard, alley or anything near. It is for multi, which for you who do not understand means many with no limit to the means of movement. If she wanted to pass and did not have room, wait until you have room and pass.

If it had been me, my ugly side might have come out and she would have accidently fallen off her bike!!!!

njbchbum
04-01-2020, 09:42 PM

And as such adults are also subject to the consequences of their words and actions!

Ignorance is not bliss...it is just ignorance!

manaboutown
04-01-2020, 11:06 PM
Speaking for a friend, someone I know would have cussed her back in three languages and shoved her bike up where the sun doesn't shine.

CWGUY
04-01-2020, 11:38 PM

:what:

mixsonci
04-02-2020, 01:19 AM
this is an adult community. If kids hear more than they should then leave them home.

wow, just wow,

jswirs
04-02-2020, 04:58 AM
That is true, there is no law against being rude and unfriendly.

PugMom
04-02-2020, 05:01 AM
Wait. What?

Not if you were raised by my mother. How we talk and what we say should be dictated by the audience and the circumstances. It's called good manners which to me just means kindness and respect. It isn't that I don't use colorful language but I certainly would try to think of children present.i agree. no need to be nasty just for the sake of it. everybody is on edge these days, i know, but it doesnt cost anything to be nice

PugMom
04-02-2020, 05:04 AM
i'm sorry for you. hope there are better days ahead

coalminer
04-02-2020, 05:11 AM
Bikers ride single file with traffic. Walkers ,walk on sidewalks where available, or facing traffic where they arent. Just follow the rules for everybody's safety. Easy peasy

TJ_Woody
04-02-2020, 05:17 AM
There is good reason to walk on the left side of the multimodal paths. It is a matter of safety. If a cart is coming, you can see it and avoid it if the driver is inattentive. Sometimes you can’t hear them coming from behind, especially those electric golf carts. This is the same reason that you should walk on the left side if you are walking down a road that has no sidewalks. I’d rather have to jump to the side than be hit from behind without warning.

Now as to the woman riding her bike, there really is no excuse for her behavior. I am a cyclist and ride the multimodal paths often. Whenever I pass someone I give them a cheerful good morning or good afternoon. I guess I’d rather brighten someone’s day than bring them down.

Microcodeboy
04-02-2020, 05:41 AM
Well, that is your crude way of behaving. Not the way good people are, thank goodness. You should just stay home with the dope on the bike!

M2inOR
04-02-2020, 05:45 AM
Which side? Right side, left side, both sides, what ever?

In other parts of the country, like my previous home, Oregon, signs or pavement painting give users a clue.

In the Portland metro area, signs and pavement marking indicate that walkers, roller blades, and bikes stay to the right, and passing on the left on the multiuse paths. No golf carts in use there, but many, many bikes.

Our multiuse paths here simply aren't wide enough for carts, bikes, and walkers unless all stay to the right except when passing. And of course be mindful of oncoming users, regardless of their mode.

MollyJo
04-02-2020, 06:05 AM
Low class, showing her _ss 🤷*♀️

J1ceasar
04-02-2020, 06:13 AM
First off, pedestrians All ways! Have the right of way. Secondly, you can get arrested for bad language! Lastly. Civilized people should know better.

maggie1
04-02-2020, 06:14 AM

Said the woman on the bike.

egmcaninch
04-02-2020, 06:24 AM
Absolutely no excuse for using that kind of language, especially in front of children! So sorry that you were exposed to that!! I don't think she is indicative of the people who live in Fenney.

Rosie1950
04-02-2020, 06:26 AM
It’s curse, not cuss. AH is an acronym for two words, so ahole is better, but considered cursing. Children will learn far worse words during recess at school than from a woman on a bike path. A decent sized stick in the spoke of a passing bicyclist cursing loudly should solve your problem!

How do YOU know that, I don’t know what she said. Yes kids pick up things from other kids. Any language I wanted my children to learn from adults came from my cues. It should be the parents choice, not some random nut job.
We all have had to correct our kids at one time or another, usually you left the room and chuckled.
The lesson they learned was this is the language of anger. Not okay

daddys55
04-02-2020, 06:27 AM
There is no sense in using such language it is very childish and uncalled for and immoral

Snookie
04-02-2020, 06:42 AM
If I was on the bike, I would have slowed down until all traffic behind me cleared out and then passed the group, I do it all the time in my golf cart then I wave to them (not with one finger) as I pass.

Swearing and cursing are not acceptable in any group at any time. I used to cut up a storm but when I got out of my 20's I grew up. I don't think it was intentional but I don't usually get around people who do cus that much, I think in that way most people grow out of their childish ways and finally get out of the gutter.

I think common decency should be the rule of the day.

Stay well, stay polite. ::doggie:

DecaturFargo
04-02-2020, 06:46 AM
Ignore her, but you need to be in single file. The path is dangerous and you need to be extremely careful.

TOMMY D
04-02-2020, 06:50 AM
This is THE FRIENDLIEST WHAT? Not all grow old gracefully here.:ohdear::ohdear:

noslices1
04-02-2020, 06:53 AM
You ARE supposed to walk on the left side of the paths, walking against traffic, so you can see what’s coming toward you and get out of the way.

Ladyfish
04-02-2020, 06:57 AM
It is not only more polite but necessary for you to follow the path rules, walk facing into the traffic, that is carts and bikes. If you are walking with two or more people you should walk on the edge single file for your own safety and others, as well. Really would you walk with your grandchildren on the highway with your back to a truck and be shocked with they sound a fog horn??? Sorry to say you are completely wrong and put your grandchildren in danger. Walkers on the paths of course are entitled to be there but are not entitled...

karostay
04-02-2020, 06:58 AM

Logically explain that one..You have TOTV undivided attention

theruizs
04-02-2020, 07:05 AM

Why are there so many angry, me first, get out of my face people here in TV. I had been told this is one of the friendliest places in Florida. I do love it here, but after 8 years of running into people with Diane’s kind of attitude I will never tell anyone this is a really friendly place.

theruizs
04-02-2020, 07:08 AM
It is not only more polite but necessary for you to follow the path rules, walk facing into the traffic, that is carts and bikes. If you are walking with two or more people you should walk on the edge single file for your own safety and others, as well. Really would you walk with your grandchildren on the highway with your back to a truck and be shocked with they sound a fog horn??? Sorry to say you are completely wrong and put your grandchildren in danger. Walkers on the paths of course are entitled to be there but are not entitled...

And if the grumpy lady on the bike had just explained that in mild tone the group would have likely been appreciative and would have posted how nice it was that someone took the time to explain it. Instead this angry, unhappy lady made TV look a community of entitled old people who have no tolerance for anyone but themselves. Good job!

stan the man
04-02-2020, 07:12 AM
When traffic coming you should walk single file and be ready to get off path out of harms way. I wouldn’t want to be dead right. Sorry she couldn’t of said it more politely. Cussing in front of kids was uncalled for.

Great post

VApeople
04-02-2020, 07:16 AM
I think the problem is that the OP called it a Multi-Modal Path. I think she was actually referring to the walking/biking paths that go along Fenney Way and do not allow golf carts.

Since our neighborhood of Osceola Hills has no walking paths, we often go the Southern area to walk and bike.

The walk around Hogeye Marsh has a short section along a MMP and we always walk to the left facing the golf cart traffic.

On the walking/biking path, we always walk on the right half of the trail so the bikes can pass us on the left.

When we ride our bikes on the walking/biking trails, we always let the walkers know we are coming and pass them very carefully.

bakon
04-02-2020, 07:18 AM
So if walking I should be …..and if bike riding I should.... where are these rules?
I understand facing but is this a rule?
We walk on paths in Pittsburgh on the right side, bikes go around on left.

Car400
04-02-2020, 07:21 AM
If OP had to turn around to see the lady, OP was walking on the wrong side of the pathway.

There’s a huge difference between the paths north of 44 and south of 44. The walking paths these people are referring to are south of 44 and golf carts are not allowed on them, even though they look almost exactly the same as the MMPs to the north. I always walk facing traffic where cars or golf carts are concerned but on a walking path, I stay to the right. Think about it. Can you imagine taking a hike in a state park or up a mountain and walking on the left side of the trail? Bicyclists I’ve encountered have always been polite, and so have I. Don’t hog the walking paths, learn to share.

davem4616
04-02-2020, 07:23 AM
these paths are not sidewalks folks...ya gotta stay alert

think about it do you really think that a 75+ person is an excellent driver and has the quick reactions of a 15 year old and doesn't get anxious when they have to pass people on a narrow path

I say get the heck out of their way

This place was built for over 55+ year old adults....everyone else needs to adapt when they're visiting and not assume that it's just like being home

now the cussing...that's her bad

nututv
04-02-2020, 07:24 AM
So it's bad to curse in front of the wee "little treasures" but it would be ok to shove a stick in the wheel, shove her bike where the sun doesn't shine etc. haha I think I get it. Golly I'm sorry kids but that b**** just swore at you all. Here hold my milk and cookies and watch this!
Possibly a good reply would be... sorry that you had to hear that kids but we were (and I'm assuming here but I'll bet I'm correct) in the wrong walking on the wrong side, blocking the entire path and not giving her a way around.
I've never been hit by a bike that was doing 20 but I did hit a jaywalker once at about that speed. Hurt him a lot more than it hurt me. A lot more.
And to DianeM who said "I am polite but if I do swear, I’m not looking around first."... will you marry me. lol

Pommom91
04-02-2020, 07:24 AM
If you’re supposed to walk on the left side of the path against traffic, wouldn’t that mean that when you see a bicycle or cart coming toward you on the same side, you would have to step off the path to get out of their way?? That does not make sense to me.

chuck2
04-02-2020, 07:27 AM
They’re AH everywhere, just ignore her.

If she came up on you from behind you were probably on the wrong side of the path. You should walk on the left side facing traffic. But you are correct about her attitude. She probably has the alligator virus syndrome - all mouth, no brain.

nututv
04-02-2020, 07:28 AM
If you’re supposed to walk on the left side of the path against traffic, wouldn’t that mean that when you see a bicycle or cart coming toward you on the same side, you would have to step off the path to get out of their way?? That does not make sense to me.
haha Oh nevermind.

Diverdave
04-02-2020, 07:29 AM

Wow, while I agree with your comment on having the right to say whatever you want I feel that there is a bit of anger coming through that you might not intend. This is just a forum for open discussion not the Roman Colosseum, we are not out for blood. Also remember that being kind is more important than exercising your rights. Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.

chuck2
04-02-2020, 07:29 AM
would you rather see them coming and step off the path or not see them coming and end up in the hospital

txfan
04-02-2020, 07:30 AM
How do YOU know that, I don’t know what she said. Yes kids pick up things from other kids. Any language I wanted my children to learn from adults came from my cues. It should be the parents choice, not some random nut job.
We all have had to correct our kids at one time or another, usually you left the room and chuckled.
The lesson they learned was this is the language of anger. Not okay

It devastates me that you could not detect my post's sense of humor. What's worse, you yelled "YOU" at me and we haven't even met. Now, your grammar and sentence structure could use some help. Please tell me when teaching your children proper "language," you aren't teaching them grammar as well. I would've thought more from a TOTV "senior member." :a040:

Shoresands
04-02-2020, 07:32 AM
Yes they are but, as my father used to tell us kids, "The use of profanity is a feeble attempt by a weak mind to Express itself forcefully." Enough said!

C4Boston
04-02-2020, 07:51 AM

I am all for kindness and politeness. However if someone just goes off with me I would have just given it right back with words she never heard before. No excuse for being an a'hole.

DecaturFargo
04-02-2020, 08:13 AM
Ignore her, but you need to be in single file. The path is dangerous and you need to be extremely careful.

junction29
04-02-2020, 08:23 AM
Absolutely no excuse for using that kind of language, especially in front of children! So sorry that you were exposed to that!! I don't think she is indicative of the people who live in Fenney.

Nobody should use obscene language in front of children, only scumbags do 👿

rickdankert
04-02-2020, 08:29 AM
What the @#&% are you @#$&€¥£§@# talking about??
😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

04-02-2020, 08:30 AM
We all need to remember as a wise older group of adults that it boils down:
1) to courtesy in/on public areas
2) we cannot control others, we can control ourselves
3) remember, that we all walk our own paths and some are having a more difficult time than some.

Be kind, be aware of your own actions that they are not imposing on others. From Walking the entire path widespread instead of single file, to being extremely upset of others and spreading caustic words.
Be well and just pretend that everyone you see IS family.

OhioBuckeye
04-02-2020, 08:32 AM
We were in the Fenney area today walking with our 2 grandkids when we heard a ding ding bell. When we turned around she was cussing up a storm telling us to walk in single file. She was riding a bicycle. This is not an easy time for anyone. But to cuss at us was disheartening. I'm sure she is stressed at home, but please not in front of the kids. They are not here on vacation.
Yes you’re right. Whoever this lady was she probably was taught her new English language at home, & I’m sure she didn’t learn this foreign language in school but she probably was home schooled. At heart she’s probably a mean mouth & I’m sure she doesn’t have many friends. Sorry your grandkids had to hear this. Grandma you sound like your a very nice grandma. Just keep being the best grandma ever! God Bless you & your family & I’ll pray for this garbage mouth lady!

LiverpoolWalrus
04-02-2020, 08:35 AM
Come on folks. This is Florida. People get shot for throwing popcorn and even lesser reasons. Please be careful out there.

Theater shooting witnesses say popcorn flew and gun went off (https://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/judge-surveillance-video-showing-wesley-chapel-movie-theater-shooting/2164252/)

navair4me
04-02-2020, 08:37 AM
very rude of her...sorry this happened to you and your family!

navair4me
04-02-2020, 08:39 AM
sorry you encountered such a rude and cranky old grouch...

tomhinz
04-02-2020, 08:45 AM
GROW UP What is the matter with you?

ed1789
04-02-2020, 08:46 AM
We were in the Fenney area today walking with our 2 grandkids when we heard a ding ding bell. When we turned around she was cussing up a storm telling us to walk in single file. She was riding a bicycle. This is not an easy time for anyone. But to cuss at us was disheartening. I'm sure she is stressed at home, but please not in front of the kids. They are not here on vacation. I understand her frustration many people in TV don't pay attention to the social distancing rules putting their friends and neighbors at risk. I made a similar comment like this on the TV Facebook page and was kicked off the site. TV needs to clean up their act rather than complain about concerned citizens.

cwwilber@gmail.com
04-02-2020, 08:47 AM
Pedestrians have the right of way.

vintageogauge
04-02-2020, 08:52 AM
The OP did not say they were on the MMP, in the area of Putt and Play where there were there are wide walking trails, more like sidewalks which is where they most likely were, the MMP runs along side the trails with grass in between. With all of the people that are walking now because of the virus, it makes more sense for those on bikes to use the MMPS on which they are allowed and stay off the walking trails, problems with pedestrians solved.

fdpaq0580
04-02-2020, 08:55 AM

Having not witnessed this I can't comment on it other than to say that profanity is often used when people are frightened, frustrated or angry. I'm not excusing her actions. What is curious to me is your last line. " Not on vacation (visiting?)" would imply they are living with you. Really none of my business, just curious.

donassaid
04-02-2020, 08:57 AM
Some people have no class.

merrymini
04-02-2020, 08:58 AM
Why, if you had to turn around you were walking on the wrong side? My husband and I walk side by side, not single file on the right side of a walkway and would still have to turn around if someone came up behind us. All a biker has to do to say they are coming or ring their bell and we move over. No big deal. Uncalled for and stupid of the bike rider. They have no more right to be there then anyone else.

Bogie Shooter
04-02-2020, 09:02 AM
This is a MULTI MODAL pathway, not a road or a street. You do not have to walk into the traffic and you do not have to walk in a single file. First words are MULTI MODAL, not cart, bike, roller blades or anything else. It also does not say anything about a transportation street, road, boulevard, alley or anything near. It is for multi, which for you who do not understand means many with no limit to the means of movement. If she wanted to pass and did not have room, wait until you have room and pass.

If it had been me, my ugly side might have come out and she would have accidently fallen off her bike!!!!

But that would be safer.

graciegirl
04-02-2020, 09:04 AM
Having not witnessed this I can't comment on it other than to say that profanity is often used when people are frightened, frustrated or angry. I'm not excusing her actions. What is curious to me is your last line. " Not on vacation (visiting?)" would imply they are living with you. Really none of my business, just curious.

I know Missy. Her children were visiting and then this crisis imposed itself. I am guessing that they do not want to return home on a airplane and that they are reluctant to drive with an overnight due to the risk of being infected. I do know the family to be hardworking, rule followers, kind and polite....and Missy is one of the best cooks I have ever met, except for her dad who bakes awesome loaves of bread. Whole group is salt of the earth.

Rapscallion St Croix
04-02-2020, 09:10 AM

And the Easter Bunny will soon be here.

Bogie Shooter
04-02-2020, 09:14 AM
Hey, this topic of how to walk on paths was discussed on this thread...…..and was solved in 65 posts!
:swear:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/pedestrian-traffic-multi-modal-paths-southern-region-villages-304671/

jfkilduff
04-02-2020, 09:24 AM
I don’t even us our golf carts anymore because of the influx of BIKERS in our GOLF CART COMMUNITY. So let’s ban together and force our elected leaders too send the bikers to bike paths and out of TV’s.

bumpygreens
04-02-2020, 09:30 AM
Welcome to "Florida's Friendliest Hometown". My guess is that slogan dates back to when this was just Harold and his trailer park. You get this many people together anywhere and things are likely to get stupid, as you can probably surmise from some of the comments. We are retired, folks. Why is everyone in such a hurry and so intolerant of others? Our week consists of six Saturdays and a Sunday! What's wrong with giving pedestrians the right of way? How do you expect them to carry on a conversation walking single file? Especially if they are walking with their grandchildren. I've seen threads of people in golf carts complaining about the bicyclists. The bikes should have the right of way over a motorized vehicle. I walk for exercise, and use my golf cart for transportation. When I'm in my golf cart, I slow down for bikes and walkers. Going slower than I'd like for a few seconds isn't going to alter the trajectory of my life. If you're in that big of a hurry, go around through the grass. It's a golf cart. They are designed for that.

PennBF
04-02-2020, 09:39 AM
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAY IT IS THE WAY THAT YOU SAY IT. :ohdear:

Topspinmo
04-02-2020, 09:51 AM

Nope, it has some restrictions.

Topspinmo
04-02-2020, 09:53 AM
Hey, this topic of how to walk on paths was discussed on this thread...…..and was solved in 65 posts!
:swear:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/pedestrian-traffic-multi-modal-paths-southern-region-villages-304671/

But, but, just like the cov19 was solved yesterday becomes problem tomorrow

Villagesgal
04-02-2020, 10:01 AM
Try living on a championship golf course. Male golfers don't seem to care that others can hear them loud and clear. Not a day goes by when I set on my lanai and hear them swearing about bad shots. I am embarrassed for them. Do they use that language at home? People, try to stop using such profane language out in public, it just shows others how crass and low life you are.

Skunky1
04-02-2020, 10:05 AM
Just because you’re a psycho thinking you have the right away Doesn’t mean you have to take it! Slow down ,stop if necessary. Don’t be a bad actor.

doesn’t mean you have to take it

Topspinmo
04-02-2020, 10:07 AM

BS, you can’t walk out in front of train

Topspinmo
04-02-2020, 10:10 AM
So if walking I should be …..and if bike riding I should.... where are these rules?
I understand facing but is this a rule?
We walk on paths in Pittsburgh on the right side, bikes go around on left.

So you would rather be ran over from behind and have chance to get out of the way? I alway pick chance to jump out of the way. But, that’s me.

bhendricks772@gmail.com
04-02-2020, 10:10 AM
DianeM.. your replies are a disgrace!!!

Psa1000
04-02-2020, 10:11 AM
I, too, am so disgusted by the people who have become mean Seniors. Whatever happened to the world to create this "I can do and say whatever I want" attitude?

Topspinmo
04-02-2020, 10:12 AM
The OP did not say they were on the MMP, in the area of Putt and Play where there were there are wide walking trails, more like sidewalks which is where they most likely were, the MMP runs along side the trails with grass in between. With all of the people that are walking now because of the virus, it makes more sense for those on bikes to use the MMPS on which they are allowed and stay off the walking trails, problems with pedestrians solved.

Problems are rarely even solved, because new day starts the problem all over again.

bumpygreens
04-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Try living on a championship golf course. Male golfers don't seem to care that others can hear them loud and clear. Not a day goes by when I set on my lanai and hear them swearing about bad shots. I am embarrassed for them. Do they use that language at home? People, try to stop using such profane language out in public, it just shows others how crass and low life you are.

Maybe it's low self-esteem. They must be cursing at themselves. I've never seen a bad shot that wasn't caused by operator error.

LiverpoolWalrus
04-02-2020, 10:19 AM
It’s curse, not cuss.

It depends on where you come from. I’ve always used the word “swear.” Curse is something else, much worse.

IvorT
04-02-2020, 10:20 AM
Adults aren’t free to use any language they choose. Try telling a cop that he’s an AH.

Topspinmo
04-02-2020, 10:20 AM

See, you’re attitude the problem. You think you can wander all over block path, and put yourself in unsafe conditions and blame someone else. You are also responsible for you’re own safety. There is limitations on MMP, walking trails, and streets. None of them are free for all.

nevjudbaker
04-02-2020, 10:35 AM
I have to agree with the biker as far as walking on your side so people can pass you. The language no but everywhere I go no matter how large the walking area is it seems I have move over because two people take up the whole area. I was always taught to stay on the right side. Just be considerate so others can pass you with ease.

Marvic 1
04-02-2020, 10:36 AM

I agree with you, but:
As we all know by now that its a way of life for just about everyone to be using curse words. Just listen to the Hollywood fakers or late-night so call comedians, you know the one our naive generation is truly following, respect is long gone....

Rgilbert
04-02-2020, 10:37 AM
Manners run in both directions. I ride my ride on the paths and often come up behind walkers. Like most bikers I have seen, I simply warn them "coming up on your left". There's no sense in startling anyone let along be a jerk about it - regardless whether they are 'right' or not. There are more important things to worry about.

Velvet
04-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Well, it brings up the question, should bikes be allowed where people walk?

vintageogauge
04-02-2020, 10:52 AM

We lived on a country club golf course for 13 years and when we came down here we told are agent absolutely nothing on a golf course, swearing, urinating, throwing trash on the fairways and tee areas, the noise from mowers and large sprinklers, no privacy on the decks, etc. Never again would I live on a golf course. We bought our home on a nice peaceful pond and really enjoy the quiet and peacefulness.

karostay
04-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Perhaps she didn't have a bike seat and felt irritated

MrExcite721
04-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Multi-Modal Path Information and Safety
The purpose of this web page is to provide information to residents regarding the Multi-Modal Paths in the community as well as information for golf cart safety. Please check out the links below. We hope you find the information useful! If you have any questions about the information provided please contact the District Customer Service Center at 352-753-4508.

Golf Cart Safety
In a community of 100,000 residents, golf cart safety is important both on the multimodal paths and on the roadways. To encourage golf cart safety, we have several educational materials available to help inform both residents and guests about safety. Golf cart safety brochures are available in the Customer Service Center located at 984 Old Mill Run or by clicking on the header of this announcement. You can also view a video addressing many of the concerns related to golf cart safety in The Villages by clicking the following link: Golf Cart Safety Video.

To promote golf cart safety in The Villages, The Villages Homeowners Association created a video that can be supplemented with their monthly Golf Cart Safety Clinic. The Golf Cart Safety Clinic is held at 9:00 a.m. on the third (3rd) Wednesday each month at Colony Cottage Recreation Center. To view the video, please click on the following link: Golf Cart Safety - The VHA (http://www.thevha.net/golf-cart-safety).
Golf Cart Rules of the Road and Safety Tips
Please click on the header of this announcement to learn about Golf Cart Safety and Rules of the Road. We encourage all golf cart drivers in The Villages to Slow Down and Enjoy the Ride!! For additional copies of the attached brochure, please visit your local recreation center or the Customer Service Center located at 984 Old Mill Run.

Share the Path
"Who is allowed to use the multi-modal paths throughout The Villages?” This is a question that the District receives on a regular basis. The multi-modal paths are for use by NON-AUTOMOTIVE traffic such as bicycles, golf carts, pedestrians, and skaters. It is not legal…nor is it smart…to drive vehicles such as smart cars, motorcycles, or mopeds on any of the multi-modal paths in The Villages. For additional information, please click on the header of this announcement to read a memo from District Counsel regarding the use of multi-modal paths.
Announcement from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Effective July 1, 2013, The Florida Legislature amended FS 319.14 to allow the conversion of a Low Speed Vehicle (LSV) to a golf cart. For additional information on the process of converting a LSV to a golf cart, please click on the header of this announcement or the following website link: Low Speed Vehicles.

DianeM
04-02-2020, 11:42 AM
Were you riding the bike? Attitude fits.

As I said earlier, didn’t even know what multimodal was so no. Nice try though.

DianeM
04-02-2020, 11:44 AM
i'm sorry for you. hope there are better days ahead

My days are terrific but thank you.

DianeM
04-02-2020, 11:45 AM
You’re an AH just like the lady.

Not really but I’m sure you have one

fdpaq0580
04-02-2020, 11:45 AM
I know Missy. Her children were visiting and then this crisis imposed itself. I am guessing that they do not want to return home on a airplane and that they are reluctant to drive with an overnight due to the risk of being infected. I do know the family to be hardworking, rule followers, kind and polite....and Missy is one of the best cooks I have ever met, except for her dad who bakes awesome loaves of bread. Whole group is salt of the earth.
Thanks Gracie. Feel bad about their experience. Staying put at this time is not a bad idea, imo. Sadly, I think they may be visiting for a lot longer than expected. Hope the tp holds out till they can get safely home. Also, be prepared for things to become uglier as stress and frustration grows.
Best wishes to all

DianeM
04-02-2020, 11:46 AM
Said the woman on the bike.

Sorry sweetie but it wasn’t me. Nice try though.

DianeM
04-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Why are there so many angry, me first, get out of my face people here in TV. I had been told this is one of the friendliest places in Florida. I do love it here, but after 8 years of running into people with Diane’s kind of attitude I will never tell anyone this is a really friendly place.

My post wasn’t angry just truthful.

DianeM
04-02-2020, 11:52 AM
So it's bad to curse in front of the wee "little treasures" but it would be ok to shove a stick in the wheel, shove her bike where the sun doesn't shine etc. haha I think I get it. Golly I'm sorry kids but that b**** just swore at you all. Here hold my milk and cookies and watch this!
Possibly a good reply would be... sorry that you had to hear that kids but we were (and I'm assuming here but I'll bet I'm correct) in the wrong walking on the wrong side, blocking the entire path and not giving her a way around.
I've never been hit by a bike that was doing 20 but I did hit a jaywalker once at about that speed. Hurt him a lot more than it hurt me. A lot more.
And to DianeM who said "I am polite but if I do swear, I’m not looking around first."... will you marry me. lol

I love you. :BigApplause:

DianeM
04-02-2020, 11:54 AM
Yes they are but, as my father used to tell us kids, "The use of profanity is a feeble attempt by a weak mind to Express itself forcefully." Enough said!

Nothing feeble here sweetie.

BiPartisan
04-02-2020, 11:56 AM

There is a difference between maturity and adult. This type of reaction is a sign of immaturity, I would expect something like this from a Jr High or High school student. Also, a bell?

DianeM
04-02-2020, 11:56 AM
I am all for kindness and politeness. However if someone just goes off with me I would have just given it right back with words she never heard before. No excuse for being an a'hole.

Nailed it!

MercerLunatic
04-02-2020, 12:00 PM

I repeat, NOT IN FRONT OF KIDS

if you are an adult, you should know better

Ndomines
04-02-2020, 12:00 PM

What you describe is not unusual.
There are a lot of good people who ride bikes here and they for the most part are easy going nice folks.
BUT There are a number of people with an
I GOT MY RIGHTS ATTITUDES
IF you ask them where they come from more often than not you’ll hear, New York. Before anybody from NY, Long Island or NJ metro areas gets their pantries in a twist just remember folks they cannot help it without a significant emotional event to change their rude, crude and socially unacceptable behaviors.
They are very easy to spot
Actions speak almost as loudly as their words.

DianeM
04-02-2020, 12:02 PM
DianeM.. your replies are a disgrace!!!

Not looking for a replacement mommy but thanks for interviewing.

Travelingal702
04-02-2020, 12:03 PM

There are low life's in every walk of life. She apparently was one of them. Be glad she didn't run into you as well as cuss at you. She is one of the low life's. Enjoy your grandchildren - they grow up way too fast.

BobnBev
04-02-2020, 12:04 PM
this is a multi modal pathway, not a road or a street. You do not have to walk into the traffic and you do not have to walk in a single file. First words are multi modal, not cart, bike, roller blades or anything else. It also does not say anything about a transportation street, road, boulevard, alley or anything near. It is for multi, which for you who do not understand means many with no limit to the means of movement. If she wanted to pass and did not have room, wait until you have room and pass.

gmta!!!!!

DianeM
04-02-2020, 12:08 PM
What you describe is not unusual.
There are a lot of good people who ride bikes here and they for the most part are easy going nice folks.
BUT There are a number of people with an
I GOT MY RIGHTS ATTITUDES
IF you ask them where they come from more often than not you’ll hear, New York. Before anybody from NY, Long Island or NJ metro areas gets their pantries in a twist just remember folks they cannot help it without a significant emotional event to change their rude, crude and socially unacceptable behaviors.
They are very easy to spot
Actions speak almost as loudly as their words.

Yes we New Yorkers are tough and gritty. You need to grow up early to match your counterparts. I can’t help but think how absolutely boring the Midwest must be with all the goodie types. Thanks but I’ll stay grateful for my behaviors.

BobnBev
04-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Not looking for a replacement mommy but thanks for interviewing.

:a040::a040::a040::mademyday:

nututv
04-02-2020, 12:12 PM
I love you. :BigApplause:
Well that's a good start. lol

missypie
04-02-2020, 12:38 PM

In the southern section there are beautiful wide paths where walkers, bike riders etc use. No golf carts. I
They are not on the street at all. So the children were never on the street at all or in danger.

missypie
04-02-2020, 12:49 PM

They came before this mess and it would be dangerous for them to go home. Thank you for asking.

NavyVet
04-02-2020, 01:22 PM
This sure has been an entertaining thread to read. Too funny! Every time I hear a cyclist called a biker I can't help laughing.
Biker = person riding a motorcycle
Cyclist = person riding a bicycle
Friendliest Hometown = An antiquated myth that hasn't applied for several years now.
If people can't exercise the self control to NOT swear and use foul language in front of CHILDREN, maybe they should remove themselves from society.
If everyone lived by the Golden Rule, the world would be a so much nicer place. Unfortunately, there will always be mean, rude, power hungry, nasty people for the rest of us to deal with. Such is life.
Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve. Peace!

BAT777
04-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Why? Because it makes them feel in control?! Not good especially in front of little kids. That person was so wrong and needs to control her attitude or stay indoors.

falvotc@earthlink.net
04-02-2020, 01:36 PM
Stress or no stress I am HORRIFIED at what seem people think is appropriate language. I wish people who talked that way knew how classless, immature, and uneducated it makes them seem. I am not guiltless, but I sure do wish we could keep that language out of villages!

Velvet
04-02-2020, 01:45 PM
Sorry, biker=1%er ie. outlaw. We riders prefer “motorcycle enthusiast” or sport bike riders, trail bike riders etc

Rapscallion St Croix
04-02-2020, 02:33 PM

Please see the title of the OP's post.

golfing eagles
04-02-2020, 03:03 PM
Please see the title of the OP's post.

So now, there are a lot of unanswered questions

Was it a MMP or not?
Were they walking on the wrong side or not?
Did they have the 5&6 year old kids under control or not?
What was in the stroller? A dog????
Was there any traffic of any kind coming the other way that the cyclist may have seen but not them?

The cyclist lost all credibility by using her potty mouth

However, we haven't heard the other side. Is it possible this cyclist was approaching 2 adults, 2 children and a stroller who were all over the path and did nothing to get out of the way when she rang her bell, saw people on the other side of the path so she couldn't go around, and lost it?

I don't think so, since the OP sounds very reasonable, but none of us know for sure. The one thing we know is the cyclist used vulgar language, or at least we think we know......

shirleyjerez
04-02-2020, 03:09 PM
In your house ONLY.

shirleyjerez
04-02-2020, 03:15 PM
Hurrah, so so true. I believe cussing in public to me is crude anyway. It shows no respect. People like think they are entitled. Better than anyone. But they are the lowest people usually.

shirleyjerez
04-02-2020, 03:17 PM
Me too. I do agree , they are classless, very crude people. What kind of parents did they have.

DianeM
04-02-2020, 03:27 PM
My word. People must really be bored. 9 pages and 131 comments on swearing. Get a grip people.

photo1902
04-02-2020, 03:30 PM
My word. People must really be bored. 9 pages and 131 comments on swearing. Get a grip people.

Yet you are reading and commenting.

DianeM
04-02-2020, 03:31 PM
Yet you are reading and commenting.

As are you my dear

photo1902
04-02-2020, 03:33 PM
As are you my dear

Definitely. But I am not the one saying people "must be bored". Nice try, though.

DianeM
04-02-2020, 03:36 PM
Definitely. But I am not the one saying people "must be bored". Nice try, though.

Well it’s the truth. The subject is worthy of yawning.

karostay
04-02-2020, 03:48 PM

I agree post #132

MEbner2805
04-02-2020, 06:04 PM
But nobody should block the paths at all and be aware of who else is out there! I think you got cussed because you didn’t use common courtesy out on the paths! Don’t blame her for getting angry as nobody should stop on their bikes just because walkers are not courteous to leave them space! It’s not the bikers fault! It’s your fault! You should get cussed! That will happen anytime you hog all the path on others! I am a skater and don’t want to fall trying to avoid inconsiderate people! I will get angry too!!!