PDA

View Full Version : Home Pro Bath Installs Bidet toilet seats, amazing! Why don't we all use these?

Home Pro Bath
04-13-2020, 09:29 AM
Bidet Toilets have been used extensively all over Europe and Japan for the last 25yrs. and finally, they are trending in North America. Why a bidet toilet seat? Well let's start with:
No Paper no problem. That doesn't even sound right, does it?
Warm water wash. Just press the button when you finish your business and the bidet gives your bottom a warm water wash that's 10 times better than paper.
Even a Warm air dry for the full service.
Heated Seat, and Heated water.
Blue night light in the bowl.
A Bidet is a must for folks with mobility issues as well as anyone that has difficulty using the old fashioned facilities.
The list goes on and on.
Call Home Pro Today 352-753-0303 to get more details and a free in-home appointment.

graciegirl
04-13-2020, 11:09 AM
Bidet Toilets have been used extensively all over Europe and Japan for the last 25yrs. and finally, they are trending in North America. Why a bidet toilet seat? Well let's start with:
No Paper no problem. That doesn't even sound right, does it?
Warm water wash. Just press the button when you finish your business and the bidet gives your bottom a warm water wash that's 10 times better than paper.
Even a Warm air dry for the full service.
Heated Seat, and Heated water.
Blue night light in the bowl.
A Bidet is a must for folks with mobility issues as well as anyone that has difficulty using the old fashioned facilities.
The list goes on and on.
Call Home Pro Today 352-753-0303 to get more details and a free in-home appointment.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH...You sell them. Got it.

You still need toilet paper. You may not be old enough to understand...……….

villagetinker
04-13-2020, 11:33 AM
OK, I'll bite, what is the price range?

Sabrina&Bill
04-13-2020, 01:15 PM
I wonder how many bathrooms already have an electrical outlet right next to the toilet?
Is the water used to rinse have any soap in it?

photo1902
04-13-2020, 01:23 PM
I wonder how many bathrooms already have an electrical outlet right next to the toilet?

None. If you want one of these devices installed, you’ll need a GFCI outlet installed. No big deal. Same requirement if you want a Toto toilet (or similar) installed.

villagetinker
04-13-2020, 01:25 PM
You have to have the receptacle added, I figure at least $200 based on ads in the paper. I am guessing this also needs to be a dedicated circuit.

DianeM
04-13-2020, 01:26 PM
I’m not sure how I feel about being plugged in to use the commode. Think I’ll pass

photo1902
04-13-2020, 01:29 PM
You have to have the receptacle added, I figure at least $200 based on ads in the paper. I am guessing this also needs to be a dedicated circuit.

From what I see, the product in the OP’s post is basically a seat type of device. If you’re looking at a Toto toilet $1,200-4,000, you’ll need a receptacle added. $200 is chump change.

CFrance
04-13-2020, 02:34 PM
I have a Bidet attachment that's all mechanical,no electric required.I've been using it for about ten years. You don't need heated seat and blowers. Cost around $100
I've often wondered... How does one dry off? And how does the water get into, er, the crevice?

In Europe the bidets are used backwards from a commode. So you'd have to be wearing a skirt and no underwear, or you'd have to be disrobing a lot. They also have a towel next to the bidet for drying off.

I see a whole lot of inconvenience with a bidet vs toilet paper.

600th Photo Sq
04-13-2020, 04:31 PM
I can just picture having guests over without any prior knowledge about the " New " toilet .

Then as it always happens the question comes where is the bathroom ?

I would love to see the look on the person face upon exit and the Whispering/Chuckles afterwards, it would be priceless.

Of course one of the questions asked would be did it " Tickle ".

600th Photo Sq
04-13-2020, 04:39 PM
I've often wondered... How does one dry off? And how does the water get into, er, the crevice?

In Europe the bidets are used backwards from a commode. So you'd have to be wearing a skirt and no underwear, or you'd have to be disrobing a lot. They also have a towel next to the bidet for drying off.

Depending on the intake of food a person has it does have some very good points.

Look at how much the world save on paper and better still more trees will be saved for all of mankind.

Another plus one less thing to shop for. For me " Bidet Rocks ". :bigbow:

queasy27
04-13-2020, 08:59 PM
I've had an add-on mechanical type bidet for a couple of years. It was $35 at the time but is now $60. Mine doesn't connect to the hot water pipe but it's not needed in Florida anyway and who wants to wait for the water to heat up. Bad enough when taking a shower!

The user reviews (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A0RHSJO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) offer comments on installation issues and how people use them, dry off, etc.

I absolutely love mine.

Nucky
04-14-2020, 02:33 AM

Your first line CFrance..Why do Hippies use Psychedelic Toilet Paper? To get In The groove! :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

DannoMac
04-14-2020, 05:27 AM
I travelled a lot during my work career and discovered the bidet seat. I sourced and used them ever since, better than 10 years, and wouldn’t do without. A good quality seat leaves you squeaky clean. When I moved to TV I brought my seats with me, had a electrician install GFI outlets (dedicated outlets not required), and installed myself. Very easy if you are handy and takes about 1/2 hour or less. I purchased my seats from Brondell, a Swash 400 and Swash 1000. Both work excellent and I am not selling anything 😀. The seats I have do not have the control wing attached to the side, instead there is a wireless remote that is attached to a wall next to the toilet. If you try one you will be sold, and no you can’t try mine. 😁

cdmsberry
04-14-2020, 06:30 AM
I did hire an electrician do install an outlet, other than that I installed my bidet toilet seat myself. I still use a very small amount of toilet paper to pat dry as I don’t have time to sit sit there and dry completely. I feel so much cleaner using my bidet.

MandoMan
04-14-2020, 07:14 AM
I have a friend here who grew up in Belgium and loves using a bidet. With a bidet you face the wall. With these, you don’t. I asked her about using toilet paper. She said no, you have your own towel hanging beside the toilet. No less sanitary than drying yourself after a shower. In Europe, people with bidets sometimes use their hand, not just the spray.

However, WARNING! Last summer I stayed in several of the top hotels in Spain, and they all had these. However, some had built-in controls, like this model, and some had remote controls. I’m not all that fat, but I could not SEE the control panel with this sort. (Also, I couldn’t read the remote control kind without glasses!) I would say, get one with a remote control mounted on the wall. Without that, you are going to be sadly disappointed unless you are the size of a sparrow.

davem4616
04-14-2020, 07:23 AM
when in Rome, do as the Romans do

when in the good ole US of A.....use TP

dougjb
04-14-2020, 08:01 AM
Oh .... I love the peach pic!

fheller45
04-14-2020, 08:04 AM
We have had a bidet for years. Considerably less than $100 and easy to install. We have towels hung next to the toilet for each of us.

dsnrbec
04-14-2020, 08:57 AM
I travelled a lot during my work career and discovered the bidet seat. I sourced and used them ever since, better than 10 years, and wouldn’t do without. A good quality seat leaves you squeaky clean. When I moved to TV I brought my seats with me, had a electrician install GFI outlets (dedicated outlets not required), and installed myself. Very easy if you are handy and takes about 1/2 hour or less. I purchased my seats from Brondell, a Swash 400 and Swash 1000. Both work excellent and I am not selling anything 😀. The seats I have do not have the control wing attached to the side, instead there is a wireless remote that is attached to a wall next to the toilet. If you try one you will be sold, and no you can’t try mine. 😁

Did your toilets have the push/pull water valves? Ours does and it needs to be threaded to install the water connection. Would love to know how you handled that.

Tyrone Shoelaces
04-14-2020, 09:33 AM
I installed these myself, very easy.
I did change out the old valve and supply line, which everyone should do.
those supply lines are hard crimped to the old valves and are getting old.
around $50

Robot Check (https://www.amazon.com/Luxe-Bidet-Neo-120-Non-Electric/dp/B00JG2DETM/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=bidet&qid=1586874269&sr=8-5)

242mkmatt
04-14-2020, 10:09 AM
I've used them for years, cost about $30 and install is quick and easy. They don't need a receptacle, water temperature is fine. You're cleaner and use very little TP.

Cynthia Robinson
04-14-2020, 10:54 AM
Thank you! Went to the Brondell web site and was so impressed. We will be purchasing the model 300. Can’t wait until it arrives.

theruizs
04-14-2020, 11:02 AM
Tried it and not really for me either, but they have been used for generations in Europe and Asia. Just like we snicker at the thought of using one, they snicker at us for not. Associates I have dealt with in both Europe and Asia, but especially Asia, think Americans are not very clean in that regard, that’s the nicest way to put it.

600th Photo Sq
04-14-2020, 11:07 AM
Oh .... I love the peach pic!

Looks more like a " Nectarine " to me, that isn't quite ripe. :)

Tyrone Shoelaces
04-14-2020, 12:20 PM
Tried it and not really for me either, but they have been used for generations in Europe and Asia. Just like we snicker at the thought of using one, they snicker at us for not. Associates I have dealt with in both Europe and Asia, but especially Asia, think Americans are not very clean in that regard, that’s the nicest way to put it.
How do you say "Skid Marks" in Chinese?

queasy27
04-14-2020, 12:59 PM

Those are so befuddling. If I'm going to the trouble of disrobing from the waist down, I might as well just step into the shower and use a handheld shower head to wash/rinse the area in question.

(A hand-held is one of my three required "modern" conveniences, along with automatic garage door openers and ice cube makers. Never going back to filling trays, opening heavy garage doors, or rinsing my bottom by aiming it at a stream of water falling from on high!)

RedBoneJones
04-14-2020, 01:22 PM
Actually, not necessarily with a warm air blower..:)

Barborv
04-14-2020, 02:15 PM
My son had one of those toilet installed as his house was being built about 2 years ago. We first yelled at him for spending$1300.00 on a toilet but when I went to visit him and tried it, it was wonderful! I told my husband when we make the final move to our home in TV I want one in the master bath. He said he's not spending that kind of money on a toilet! LOL But I know i'll get it anyway! The toilet not only sprays and air dries, it has a heated seat and self sanitizes! His panel to operate it is on the wall. The only thing is we said to him what will happen if you're re-stationed somewhere else and his answer was "i guess the people buying the house will have a damn nice toilet"!

photo1902
04-14-2020, 02:22 PM
Those are so befuddling. If I'm going to the trouble of disrobing from the waist down, I might as well just step into the shower and use a handheld shower head to wash/rinse the area in question.

(A hand-held is one of my three required "modern" conveniences, along with automatic garage door openers and ice cube makers. Never going back to filling trays, opening heavy garage doors, or rinsing my bottom by aiming it at a stream of water falling from on high!)

My guess is that you've never tried one.

rmd2
04-14-2020, 05:10 PM
None. If you want one of these devices installed, you’ll need a GFCI outlet installed. No big deal. Same requirement if you want a Toto toilet (or similar) installed.

I have an Toto and do not have an outlet for it.

rmd2
04-14-2020, 05:14 PM
I did hire an electrician do install an outlet, other than that I installed my bidet toilet seat myself. I still use a very small amount of toilet paper to pat dry as I don’t have time to sit sit there and dry completely. I feel so much cleaner using my bidet.

For women, you could be getting vag infections.

Villagevip
04-14-2020, 06:32 PM
Do as the Romans do... Natural sponge, on a stick.....Make sure there are no small, sea shells imbedded....

600th Photo Sq
04-14-2020, 07:05 PM
Actually, not necessarily with a warm air blower..:)

Now that to me would be very interesting to try. " Very " ….. :icon_wink:

600th Photo Sq
04-14-2020, 07:25 PM
We have had a bidet for years. Considerably less than $100 and easy to install. We have towels hung next to the toilet for each of us.

Out of curiosity do you add a personal touch to the towels.

Are they embroidered with your " Initials " or perhaps " His and Hers " .

More importantly are they top quality 100% cotton I'm talking about " Top Quality ".

dougawhite
04-14-2020, 08:09 PM
I fell in love with built-in bidet (washlet) while working in Japan, every hotel room I was in had it. I finally convinced the wife to allow me to install one here in TV. Now she will never go back to the stone age ways. Cleared up her hemorrhoids and for me I often suffered fissures; no longer! I dry with 3 squares after the refreshing ~10 sec warm pulsating wash. With suttle movements of your tush you get into all the little crevices... At first I used a shared outlet but after realizing the blinking lights in the bedroom were caused by the bidet's cycling water heating coil I change out to a dedicated outlet ($200 installed). Ours is a Brondell washlet with the remote control on the wall.

CWGUY
04-14-2020, 08:12 PM
Now that to me would be very interesting to try. " Very " ….. :icon_wink:

:a040: Good Luck, Mr. Gorsky!

Home Pro Bath
04-15-2020, 08:55 AM
Hello,
The Bidet you see in the picture is $300 plus tax Installed on the toilet. The Seat requires a ground fault electrical plug behind the toilet area to plug into. Our licensed electrician also takes care of the GFCI for you and that runs between $300 and $350 in most cases. So if you need the CFGI plug, add the two charges together.
I hope that helps.
Thank You

Home Pro Bath
04-15-2020, 08:57 AM
:a040: Good Luck, Mr. Gorsky!
It's a game-changer with the new Bidet.

Home Pro Bath
04-15-2020, 09:10 AM
Hello,
Yes, you are right as far as the electrical outlet. In most cases, we have our Electrician install the CFGI outlet in a convenient spot on the wall behind the toilet area.
Thank You for your questions

Deanafoster
04-15-2020, 12:26 PM
My son just installed two in his home for a cost of $5,000 each. That did not include installation.

photo1902
04-15-2020, 12:41 PM
Apples and Oranges. The OP posted an add-on device installed on a pre-existing toilet. These are much more reasonable for most people, compared to installing a Toto (or similar) toilet with all the features, which can range from $1500-$6000

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-02-2020, 10:07 AM
Has anyone who has bought one of these add on devices been dissatisfied? It seems that most of the people here that have one like it or love it. I see one post that says "tried it, not for me".

I'm wondering why it's not for you or if other people have installed one and don't like it for whatever reason.

I'm not just talking about the one that the OP sells. There are a lot of these on the market and I'd like to know the positives and negatives. It would also be nice to known which brand or model people liked or didn't like.