PDA

View Full Version : Executive Courses changes

mobruce
06-03-2020, 12:27 PM
Just received this message on the villages.net when looking at executive tee times.

Until further notice, No Guests are allowed on ANY Executive Courses

Jayhawk
06-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Just received this message on the villages.net when looking at executive tee times.

Until further notice, No Guests are allowed on ANY Executive Courses

This has been effective for a while now since no-cash transactions became part of protocol.

Luvs21putt
06-05-2020, 06:31 AM
This has been effective for a while now since no-cash transactions became part of protocol.

Not sure I understand the relationship between cash and guests. We all have credit cards.

asianthree
06-05-2020, 06:34 AM
Not sure I understand the relationship between cash and guests. We all have credit cards.

But execs don’t have capability for credit cards, except in the south.

photo1902
06-05-2020, 06:44 AM
But execs don’t have capability for credit cards, except in the south.

Bingo

jarodrig
06-05-2020, 09:38 AM
(If) the golf administration would be willing , a guest fee could be pre-paid just as trail fees are pre-paid for non priority members or those that have not paid the yearly trail fee ahead of time and paid a la carte with cash.

But that is a BIG IF and probably not going to happen .

asianthree
06-05-2020, 06:47 PM
(If) the golf administration would be willing , a guest fee could be pre-paid just as trail fees are pre-paid for non priority members or those that have not paid the yearly trail fee ahead of time and paid a la carte with cash.

But that is a BIG IF and probably not going to happen .

Execs tee time were at a premium during shut down, golf admin wanted to make sure residents, got to play without guests taking spots. That many are grateful. Guests could always play championship

Polar Bear
06-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Execs tee time were at a premium during shut down, golf admin wanted to make sure residents, got to play without guests taking spots. That many are grateful. Guests could always play championship
Pretty well sums it up. :)

jarodrig
06-05-2020, 07:03 PM

While I don’t disagree in principle, I don’t think that “guests” were a significant force in getting tee times ...

Now , snowbirds staying longer , championship courses closing 18 holes , pickleball being closed , softball closed , rec centers closed , town squares closed , pools closed , restaurants closed , etc ....(I’m sure I’ve missed a few)

Those were significant reasons why it became a little more difficult to obtain tee times .....

Polar Bear
06-05-2020, 08:04 PM
While I don’t disagree in principle, I don’t think that “guests” were a significant force in getting tee times ...

Now , snowbirds staying longer , championship courses closing 18 holes , pickleball being closed , softball closed , rec centers closed , town squares closed , pools closed , restaurants closed , etc ....(I’m sure I’ve missed a few)

Those were significant reasons why it became a little more difficult to obtain tee times .....
I think you missed the point of asianthree’s post a bit...

Guests weren’t the reason for the shortage of tee times. It was all the reasons you give in your post. Not allowing guests to play for a while just made more tee times available for residents.

anothersteve
06-05-2020, 08:21 PM
I think part of not having guests was to try to curtail the"virus" that "might" be coming from out of towners

MSchad
06-05-2020, 08:26 PM
i think part of not having guest's was to try to curtail the"virus" that "might" be coming from out of towners

We have a bingo !!

jarodrig
06-06-2020, 06:30 AM
I think you missed the point of asianthree’s post a bit...

Guests weren’t the reason for the shortage of tee times. It was all the reasons you give in your post. Not allowing guests to play for a while just made more tee times available for residents.

I have no data to support this but it is my belief that the number of guests that play the executive courses is insignificant.

This next statement is fact : when a group (say , foursome) puts in a request with a guest , ALL of the resident’s requests are processed FIRST by the computer system. The groups with guests get processed LAST and in many cases , they <may> get bumped out due to the lack of availability.

So, having a guest in the mix actually helps the resident’s ability to get a tee time because of the prioritization described .

Here is another fact : many of the people that are having problems getting a tee time is because they are not flexible enough with their requests.

I have a group of 6~8 golfers who plays every Thursday. For the request, I will ask for a 10:56 preferred tee time. Earliest time @ 10:00 , latest time 12:00 and I select Time over course.

Then I will make my course selections based on which ones we would “prefer” to play ...... but , here is the key to getting something..... I will list 18 ~20 courses on my request !!!!! All of them 466 and south.

And so we have never (NOT ONCE) been denied a tee time . And that summarizes my longish post (sorry) . You wanna play , FLEXIBILITY is the key !

Polar Bear
06-06-2020, 07:05 AM
...And so we have never (NOT ONCE) been denied a tee time . And that summarizes my longish post (sorry) . You wanna play , FLEXIBILITY is the key !
Yeah. You’re preaching to the choir on that. I have never been denied a tee time either. :)

But one other fact remains. There is a fixed number of tee times. Elimination of guests means more tee times for residents, irrespective of how they are prioritized.

jarodrig
06-06-2020, 07:31 AM
But one other fact remains. There is a fixed number of tee times. Elimination of guests means more tee times for residents, irrespective of how they are prioritized.

LOL !! Re-read my post . That is exactly what I said !!

That “other fact “ is a given ...... additionally, there are LESS tee times available during the busy season because of less daylight during those months .

It is BECAUSE of the prioritization system (not irrespective of) when it comes to guests that more tee times are available for residents......;)

Polar Bear
06-06-2020, 09:01 AM
...It is BECAUSE of the prioritization system (not irrespective of) when it comes to guests that more tee times are available for residents......;)
Sorry, but not true. Basic math...

X = Total tee times available;
Y = Tee times for guests;
Z = Tee times for residents.

Z = X - Y
Z is maximum when Y = 0

Wasn’t that fun!!! :)

Polar Bear
06-06-2020, 09:07 AM
...The groups with guests get processed LAST and in many cases , they <may> get bumped out due to the lack of availability.

So, having a guest in the mix actually helps the resident’s ability to get a tee time...
I read your entire post again. I still don’t see how you reconcile those two statements. :confused:

jarodrig
06-06-2020, 09:33 AM
Sorry, but not true. Basic math...

X = Total tee times available;
Y = Tee times for guests;
Z = Tee times for residents.

Z = X - Y
Z is maximum when Y = 0

Wasn’t that fun!!! :)

You are forgetting a major component in your equations ....

That is , PRIORITIZATION !!

Additionally, you are ASSUMING that residents are given a fixed number of tee times and that guests are given a set number of tee times . That is not the case ......

Another component that neither of us has taken into account is the number of points each player has accumulated during his previous week of play .

Your group can have enough points accumulated resulting in being shut out altogether for a tee time ...... having a guest in there group would guarantee that....

jarodrig
06-06-2020, 09:36 AM
I read your entire post again. I still don’t see how you reconcile those two statements. :confused:

Simple . Because having a guest may be the reason you got bumped .......

That results in someone else will have a good chance of getting that tee time.

No fancy math needed ....;)

Polar Bear
06-06-2020, 09:47 AM
I'm not going to quote any more, jarodrig. But I am simply not talking about anything except TOTAL TEE TIMES AVAILABLE. That has nothing to do with priorities, who's included in the requests, the price of tea in China, nothing but...well...the total tee times available. Give one to a guest and you have one less tee time for residents. Give two to a guest and you have two less tee times for residents. And guess what...

Give zero to a guest and you maximize the number of tee times for residents.

Now get your last post in. If last post matters, you will win. :)

jarodrig
06-06-2020, 10:01 AM
Now get your last post in. If last post matters, you will win. :)

I don’t give much importance as to who gets the last post or to a person’s post count but maybe it’s important to you ?

The discussion we had was friendly and I appreciate your point of view.

Hopefully my posts will help others get a better insight and understanding into how the tee time system works .

ColdNoMore
06-06-2020, 10:34 AM
I don’t give much importance as to who gets the last post or to a person’s post count but maybe it’s important to you ?

Hopefully my posts will help others get a better insight and understanding into how the tee time system works .

It's a good thing you feel that way, because at 4,244 to 157...you are woefully behind. :D

jarodrig
06-06-2020, 10:41 AM
It's a good thing you feel that way, because at 4,244 to 157...you are woefully behind. :D

Ha ha ha !!! Now that’s funny as hell !

Just goes to show that I mean what I say and say what I mean ! 😂

ColdNoMore
06-06-2020, 10:41 AM

Although I don't play execs (and rarely book the large groups I play with on "championship" courses), your posts make perfect sense...in how tee times are allocated.

It's really pretty simple to understand, if one simply takes the time to read your posts about it...so thanks. :thumbup:

jarodrig
06-06-2020, 10:55 AM
Although I don't play execs (and rarely book the large groups I play with on "championship" courses), your posts make perfect sense...in how tee times are allocated.

It's really pretty simple to understand, if one simply takes the time to read your posts about it...so thanks. :thumbup:

Thanks for your kind words ....

And by allowing me to boost my post count by 1 !!! LOL !!

bhoward
06-06-2020, 01:10 PM
Any idea when guests will be allowed to play again?

jarodrig
06-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Any idea when guests will be allowed to play again?

If you want an accurate answer rather than conjecture it would be best to call the tee times office and ask ..... 352-750-4558

DecaturFargo
06-06-2020, 08:23 PM
Of course they could be paid that way. As the country opens, they better find ways to do this as family members and friends will be traveling here for long-awaited visits.

Rwirish
06-07-2020, 05:04 AM
Good

Bethwill
06-07-2020, 06:11 PM
I don't believe Executive courses are set up for credit cards. Not positive but that would explain it.

jarodrig
06-07-2020, 06:30 PM
I don't believe Executive courses are set up for credit cards. Not positive but that would explain it.

The courses south of 44 are set up for credit cards ..... but that has nothing to do with the issue ....

yankygrl
06-08-2020, 03:35 PM
That’s because there are/were no guest passes being issued. BUT somehow they were playing!?!

jarodrig
06-08-2020, 05:04 PM
That’s because there are/were no guest passes being issued. BUT somehow they were playing!?!

“Reply with quote “ would be better to use .

No idea otherwise what your post is referring to .....

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-09-2020, 05:40 AM

They also closed the courses at 4:00 thereby reducing the number of available tee times by 25%.

photo1902
06-09-2020, 05:45 AM

Guest passes had never stopped being issued.

jarodrig
06-09-2020, 06:30 AM
Guest passes had never stop being issued.

This is true . However, no “guests” are allowed to play on executive courses guest pass or not !

That restriction continues until further notice .

karostay
06-09-2020, 12:14 PM
Our guest are potentially new buyers..During these trying times will a few months of free golf for guest especially during slow period kill their bottom line Really

photo1902
06-09-2020, 12:40 PM
This is true . However, no “guests” are allowed to play on executive courses guest pass or not !

That restriction continues until further notice .

I'm fully aware of the rules, trust me.

My response was for the poster who said, improperly, that Guest Pass issuance had stopped.

jarodrig
06-09-2020, 01:13 PM
I'm fully aware of the rules, trust me.

My response was for the poster who said, improperly, that Guest Pass issuance had stopped.

And we both know what he meant as this discussion is about guests playing the executives .....

photo1902
06-09-2020, 01:37 PM
And we both know what he meant as this discussion is about guests playing the executives .....

I have many superpowers, but a mind-reader is not one of them. :popcorn:

jarodrig
06-09-2020, 02:12 PM
I have many superpowers, but a mind-reader is not one of them. :popcorn:

You’ll get there in time ....;)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-10-2020, 05:28 AM
I don't believe that there are a lot of guests in TV now anyway.

Not many people are traveling. Most are putting off plans until this pandemic is over.

nancymiller217@yahoo.com
06-10-2020, 09:15 AM

But they were able to find a way to handle residents who don’t pay the annual trail fee-who normally pay $3 each time they golf. They could have done something similar for guests.

jarodrig
06-10-2020, 02:22 PM
But they were able to find a way to handle residents who don’t pay the annual trail fee-who normally pay $3 each time they golf. They could have done something similar for guests.

Yep , I already brought that up .

See post # 6

biker1
06-10-2020, 02:30 PM
Free golf for guests? When has there ever been free golf for guests?

Our guest are potentially new buyers..During these trying times will a few months of free golf for guest especially during slow period kill their bottom line Really

jarodrig
06-10-2020, 02:47 PM
Free golf for guests? When has there ever been free golf for guests?

If someone does the “lifestyle stay” program with The Villages, I do believe they give them passes for some free golf .....

However , they wouldn’t be “guests” as the lifestyles program is not free .....

drcar
06-10-2020, 03:48 PM
If someone does the “lifestyle stay” program with The Villages, I do believe they give them passes for some free golf .....

They are covered!

biker1
06-10-2020, 03:57 PM
Correct, they are not guests and they are playing the executives now.

Nell57
06-11-2020, 07:01 AM

Im not really concerned about potential new buyers . The developer Isn’t building enough golf courses for them south of 44 as it is. So no rush on attracting new buyers until bridges, grocery stores and restaurants are available for them.
Thousands of residents are here and paying full amenity fees. Executive tee times should be for their enjoyment.

Edsmith913
06-11-2020, 07:08 AM
I think it is because they stopped building Executive golf courses per number of homes. The people running the show now are building 2x the homes per courses over what grandpa did and now homeowners can't get on.

tenorgirl
06-11-2020, 06:21 PM
Guest fees can be applied to a resident card. How do I know? I tried to get one for my brother and this is what I was told. Have to prepay over phone or go to a Regional Rec Center

jarodrig
06-11-2020, 07:20 PM
Guest fees can be applied to a resident card. How do I know? I tried to get one for my brother and this is what I was told. Have to prepay over phone or go to a Regional Rec Center

Guest fees for what ??

As of now, no guests are allowed on executive courses which is the subject of this thread.....

Dave@TV
06-12-2020, 12:26 PM
I didn't read through all the responses, but no one seems to have mentioned one of the reasons for no guests a while ago was that half of the executive courses were closed for various reasons. I believe some were closed due to staffing issues.

Marathon Man
06-12-2020, 05:23 PM
I think it is because they stopped building Executive golf courses per number of homes. The people running the show now are building 2x the homes per courses over what grandpa did and now homeowners can't get on.

Just played today in agroup of 24. No problem getting a tee time. South of 44.

sallybowron
06-19-2020, 08:58 PM

I think it has to do with the number of golfers on each course. During this season the number goes up and many of them golf the southern courses because they feel the are better. I actually believe that my chance to play should override GUESTS CHANCE TO PLAY. i PAY FOR IT.

Two Bills
06-20-2020, 04:13 AM
I think it has to do with the number of golfers on each course. During this season the number goes up and many of them golf the southern courses because they feel the are better. I actually believe that my chance to play should override GUESTS CHANCE TO PLAY. i PAY FOR IT.

.......and so do guests, and a lot more than you do.