PDA

View Full Version : College football teams you cheer against

Shimpy
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
There are certain teams that you always cheer AGAINST for whatever the reason.
For me it's Florida Gators, Notre Dame, and Alabama.
"Its all about the "U" Go Canes

GatorFan
08-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Anyone the Gators are playing. .

grayesun
08-02-2010, 08:30 PM
and she says the Seminoles must be hated most...#2 Miami (FL)

graciegirl
08-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Michigan.

I went to Ohio State when Woody Hayes was there.

The Great Fumar
08-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Michigan.

Allright Gracie,
Now you've done it , You had to keep it up until you ticked me off....We will never be the same............

............GO BLUE !!! ......:cold:

jojo
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
OK - I'll do it. I'm with Gracie. Go Bucks!

redwitch
08-03-2010, 06:26 AM
University of Spoiled Children (guess who went to UCLA?)!!!!!

BUC
08-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Unn. of Tenn. I can't stand, But I love the Gators, I'm really looking forward to another SEC east title and this year tha SEC Champion, and Dare I say it a National ( Oh i better not, don't want to jinix it) but Go Gators

I love college football!

Army Guy
08-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Alabama, or as we say, "Around the bowl and down the hole, roll tide roll"!!

WAR EAGLE!
Army Guy

ohiogolf
08-03-2010, 08:02 AM
I am a Buckeye so just like Gracie, I always cheer against That School Up North. Nowadays I do not know why since they have not beaten the Buckeyes in 6 years.

zcaveman
08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
I Always cheer for the SEC team against non-SEC rivals. In the SEC I favor Florida and Georgia. At the Florida-Georgia game, I root for Georgia. I am from Jacksonville so I can be that way.

Other teams I cheer for are FSU and Miami (Florida).

If other teams are playing, I pick my favorite color and cheer for them. :a040: :a20:

BaylorBear
08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Well, I guess ya'll can gather that I'm from Texas!! I root for the Longhorns as long as they are NOT playing Baylor University!!! Then is is Sic'em Bears!!!

Where the SEC is concerned, the hubs is a Kentucky grad!:wave:

mitchbr47
08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I definitely root against Michigan. They dominated the Spartans for so many years. No doubt, U-M is a great academic university. It is just that their football program had been arrogant for so many years. Thank you West Virginia for Rich Rodriguez.

MSU grad
Go Green!

GMONEY
08-04-2010, 06:00 AM
The Gators and The "U" Rule!! But I must not cheer for Ohio State!!! That is the law, espically after the famous Title Game with the out of the blue yellow flag!!

hoseman
08-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Great question!

I heard they always have a problem celebrating Christmas at Alabama...every year they have trouble coming up with three wisemen and a virgin.

Army Guy
08-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Great question!

I heard they always have a problem celebrating Christmas at Alabama...every year they have trouble coming up with three wisemen and a virgin.

So true hoseman, so true.
Last year at Alabama's Homecoming they could not find an elephant to bring on the field during half-time, so they just brought on a couple of their co-eds!

WAR EAGLE!
Army Guy

BaylorBear
08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
So true hoseman, so true.
Last year at Alabama's Homecoming they could not find an elephant to bring on the field during half-time, so they just brought on a couple of their co-eds!

WAR EAGLE!
Army Guy

Oh, ya'll are so bad!!

NJblue
08-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Allright Gracie,
Now you've done it , You had to keep it up until you ticked me off....We will never be the same............

............GO BLUE !!! ......:cold:

Now I know why the Great Fumar is so great. As to you Michigan haters from Ohio, we'll make a deal with you: we'll keep Rodriguez if you bring back John Cooper.

The teams that I root against are the ones with the insufferable fight songs and/or chants that are played over and over. This includes Oklahoma, Florida State and Southern Cal.

redwitch
08-04-2010, 03:44 PM
There have got to be more from the West Coast than just me -- c'mon guys we can't let the Midwest and East Coast think they have all the school rivalries.

mitchbr47
09-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Another vote for Ann Arbor City College more commonly known as the University of Michigan, a great academic university with an arrogant football program.

eweissenbach
09-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Easy.....kansass

Bill-n-Brillo
09-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Easy.....kansass

You're slurring a bit, right Ed? :icon_wink:

Bill :wave:

eweissenbach
09-04-2012, 08:45 PM
You're slurring a bit, right Ed? :icon_wink:

Bill :wave:

spelling is not my forte Bill -- my bad

getdul981
09-04-2012, 09:15 PM
All of them!

Deb01
09-04-2012, 09:31 PM
We cheer for Auburn and Alabama. So we cheer against all teams that are playing them. My husband and I have a disagreement when they play each other.

Count'n the days
09-04-2012, 10:25 PM
For years I had 2 favorite teams - WVU and who every was playing Texas. Now that my son is a Baylor grad and is now attending FSU, I guess I now have 4 teams to cheer for. It's going to be hard this year with WVU joining the Big 12.

gmcneill
09-04-2012, 10:29 PM
my response to this 2 year old thread is the same today as it would have been then, and will be two years from now.

But given the current TOTV spirit of trying to avoid negativity in posts, I will not support rooting against any college team. Consequently, my response will be of a positive nature.

I root FOR whoever plays ohio state and umiami. ;)

graciegirl
09-05-2012, 02:45 AM
my response to this 2 year old thread is the same today as it would have been then, and will be two years from now.

But given the current TOTV spirit of trying to avoid negativity in posts, I will not support rooting against any college team. Consequently, my response will be of a positive nature.

I root FOR whoever plays ohio state and umiami. ;)

Go Bucks.

I don't care too much for Michigan. ;)

tainsley
09-05-2012, 06:25 AM
VT!

jblum315
09-05-2012, 07:13 AM
But they might bet the Buckeyes if you weren't cheering against them!

paulandjean
09-05-2012, 08:23 AM
BOO, Ohio Sate, bunch of cheaters.. Or as yhey where called this past week a bunch of thugs

Trish Crocker
09-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Michigan.

Ohio State of course (saw a bumper sticker "Oh How I Hate Ohio State" :))
Love Ohio people tho..except for their state police...ouch. The whole world knows to slow down on 75 in Ohio, unfortunately I learned the hard way.

2BNTV
09-05-2012, 09:32 AM
I root for Notre Dame and root against whoever they are playing.

mikel33
09-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Until the Taliban fields a football team, I will always cheer for any team playing Michigan.

LittleDog
09-05-2012, 10:35 AM
I went to Wake Forest and I always root for the UNC Tarholes to lose.

John

batman911
09-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Oklahoma! Over half of their team is from TEXAS.

tv2016
09-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I went to Wake Forest and I always root for the UNC Tarholes to lose.

John

Be cheering against you this Saturday. Go Heels!

stuckinparadise
09-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Our daughter and son-in-law graduated from Auburn...so WAR EAGLE! My husband graduated from Virginia Tech....so GO HOKIES! I received my degree from Troy University....GO TROGANS! We don't really hate any college teams but like to see them lose to the above teams.

Bill-n-Brillo
09-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Go Buckeyes!!

Bill :)

Barkay
09-05-2012, 07:12 PM
If DUKE had a football team we would root against them!

scottiee
09-05-2012, 07:37 PM
GATORS I cheer against then every year Also any Ca. team. In the pros it the JETS
sorry I had to throw that in

batman911
09-06-2012, 10:47 AM
How about them Cowboys. 24-17. Maybe they were missing their usual help from the striking zebras.

tv2016
09-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Too funny!

A-4 Skyhawk
09-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Unn. of Tenn. I can't stand, But I love the Gators, I'm really looking forward to another SEC east title and this year tha SEC Champion, and Dare I say it a National ( Oh i better not, don't want to jinix it) but Go Gators

I love college football!

You need another round of "Good Ole' Rocky Top" to calm your nerves.
GO VOLS

Taltarzac725
09-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Boise State U. Mainly because I graduated with two B.A.s from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1980/1981.

Also do not care for the blue field as it seems to give the players used to playing on this color field an unfair advantage.

GaryW
09-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Boise State U. Mainly because I graduated with two B.A.s from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1980/1981.

Also do not care for the blue field as it seems to give the players used to playing on this color field an unfair advantage.

I agree,,, I hate looking at that blue field. Makes me feel like taking a long walk off a short pier....
They usually have a great team, but the field must go. I think it is blue to play Jedi-Mind tricks on other players.

But I must add, NOTHING LIKE A GAME IN THE SWAMP!!!

A-4 Skyhawk
09-07-2012, 10:44 AM
How about them Cowboys. 24-17. Maybe they were missing their usual help from the striking zebras.

I heard on the news that the Cowboys got sold to the two guys, the owner of Kentucky Fried Chicken and President and CEO of Schlitz Brewery. The're going to change the name of the team to the "Dallas Chicken - Schlitz".
(Beat my Giants will you)

batman911
09-07-2012, 12:03 PM
I heard on the news that the Cowboys got sold to the two guys, the owner of Kentucky Fried Chicken and President and CEO of Schlitz Brewery. The're going to change the name of the team to the "Dallas Chicken - Schlitz".
(Beat my Giants will you)

Good news. You will get another chance at redemption later this season. The division should be very competitive this year which should mean lots of great games.

BS Beef
08-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Michigan.

I knew I liked Graciegirl!!! I got to see Woody's commencement speech, not a dry eye in the place (St. John's arena)

Taltarzac725
08-31-2013, 01:29 PM

Still agree with my previous post on this subject. I root now for the University of Denver Pioneers (no football team though) too and against teams which are against them. These could be the University of Nevada, Reno at some point. http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/wac/2013-nevada-wolf-pack-football-schedule.php http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Pioneers

Pepperhead
08-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Been rooting against Ohio State since Woody Hayes ran on the field to punch the Clemson player who intercepted Art Schlichter pass. Also lost respect to Keith Jackson who was calling the game, and didn't say a word about Saint Woody's meltdown. I attend the BCS Championship game every four years when it is in New Orleans, and had the good fortune to watch LSU cream Ohio State in 2008.

Halle
08-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Sooners and Gators.

:boom:

Noles and Huskers know how to hold a grudge.
:highfive:

zcaveman
08-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Oho State and anyone playing the Gators.

Z

mitchbr47
08-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Michigan.

Another vote for the Walmart Wolverines, "arrogant asses" in Ann Arbor.
It isn't so much the school but their fans.

tv2016
08-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Duke is puke.
Wake is fake.
But the team I hate
Is NC State.

davecz1
08-31-2013, 03:27 PM
I root against USC, Alabama, Oklahoma, Michigan. I root for Notre Dame, Gators, South Carolina. Basically you name a school and I could let you know if they are on my good side or bad side! Glad the season has started!

bimmertl
08-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Any team coached by Urban Liar.

gregntam
08-31-2013, 05:19 PM
It's Urban Cryer! But I Like Urban Liar too... Very funny! GOOOOOOOO Dogs! Sic Em! WOOF< WOOF !

kittygilchrist
08-31-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm an outlier on this one..
total Gator fan, but enjoy seeing our usual opponents to win their games unless it's going to make UF lose a title. If we aren't playing winners what does it prove when we beat them?

DougB
08-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Them CANES
When I say Miami, you say U
Miami
U
Miami
U
Miami
U
It's all about "The U"

Maynay
08-31-2013, 08:53 PM
I hate State...Penn State...grrrr...it's a sibling rivalry thing

Mallory
08-31-2013, 09:24 PM
No Domers and Gator Hater

ROCKETMAN
09-01-2013, 09:57 AM
I never liked ohio state since I am a badger from wis., but when meyer got the job, I really can't stand them. His daughter is a sports writer interning and she wrote an article that implied he left flordia because the roster was bare and knew some time before they could compete for championship. As far as quitting to be closer to his family, he took a job at espn 2 months after he quit and was gone from Thursday till Monday. Quiting for health reasons ha-daughter said he too many tacos that night.

BS Beef
09-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Penn State and there's not even a close 2nd. Hands down the worst fans in all of sports. Here is a link to video evidence. Many, many other examples.

Penn State fans abuse tOSU fans - YouTube

Shimpy
09-01-2013, 05:21 PM
After starting this thread a year ago or more I've had a change of heart. Now my teams to cheer against are Florida Gators, Notre Dame, and Ohio State. I've changed from hating Alabama to liking them since they crushed Notre Dame in the Nat'l Championship game. I added Ohio State to teams I don't like due entirely to their coach, Urban Meyer, who was the Florida coach and an incurable lier.

gpirate
09-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Easy.....kansass

I agree with coach, but also Nebraska, Alabama, Notre Dame,& where ever Lane Kiffin is coaching.

zcaveman
09-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Penn State and there's not even a close 2nd. Hands down the worst fans in all of sports. Here is a link to video evidence. Many, many other examples.

Penn State fans abuse tOSU fans - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDiRPUiQZHc)

Quoted to see link.

Z

lpkshop
09-01-2013, 08:54 PM
My MONEY went to Ohio state ( son graduated ) so I have to say Michigan!

jblum315
12-02-2013, 06:28 PM

Duke does have a football team! They go for the ACC championship next week.

SandB
12-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Michigan for sure!!

DonH57
12-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Michigan!

2BNTV
12-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Thread is over three years old but.......

I changed from anyone who plays against Notre Dame to also rooting against Alabama.

It's like playing a pro team every year. Great job by Nick Saban, but I look forward to anyone upsetting them, as they have won the last two National Championships, and just stumbled against Auburn, or they would have gone for three in a row.

It's hard to get two championship's in a row, but three is really starting to dominate college football as a dynasty. They won't have any recruiting problems, as Saban will get the best players, so their talents will be shown on a national stage. What young man, wouldn't want to go to "Bama".

Don't roll Tide, don't roll. Whew, I feel better.

Sorry, for this post "Jbama", wherever you are?

BTW - I am not sore over ND losing to "Bama", because stuff happens. It wasn't even close, as "Bama" looked like a pro team against a high school team. What a blow-out!!!!

DougB
12-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Michigan.

Woody ever punch you while you walking to a class?

DougB
12-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Thread is over three years old but.......

I changed from anyone who plays against Notre Dame to also rooting against Alabama.

It's like playing a pro team every year. Great job by Nick Saban, but I look forward to anyone upsetting them, as they have won the last two National Championships, and just stumbled against Auburn, or they would have gone for three in a row.

It's hard to get two championship's in a row, but three is really starting to dominate college football as a dynasty. They won't have any recruiting problems, as Saban will get the best players, so their talents will be shown on a national stage. What young man, wouldn't want to go to "Bama".

Don't roll Tide, don't roll. Whew, I feel better.

Sorry, for this post "Jbama", wherever you are?

BTW - I am not sore over ND losing to "Bama", because stuff happens. It wasn't even close, as "Bama" looked like a pro team against a high school
team. What a blow-out!!!!

Nick Saban knows nothing about coaching a pro team.

alanmcdonald
12-03-2013, 08:04 AM
I never had a real problem with Virginia or Virginia Tech when I lived in Richmond.

But when my company in Virginia folded I had to take a job in a Columbus, Ohio suburb.

Sorry, but there is nothing more obnoxious than Ohio State fans, not even the Georgia or Tennessee fans here in North Georgia.

Wonder if I'll be saying the same thing about Florida/Florida State fans when we move to TV for good.

Bonnevie
12-03-2013, 12:23 PM
"Wonder if I'll be saying the same thing about Florida/Florida State fans when we move to TV for good"

Gator fans can be insufferable especially when they win. This year, however, even at the FSU/UF game, it was hard to lord it over them. I had to give credit to the Gator fans who actually showed up for the game and stayed until the end and told them that.

SALYBOW
12-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Michigan

BettyCrocked
12-03-2013, 03:27 PM

Actually he does. His bammer players are paid better than the Dolphins were.

Serenoa
12-15-2013, 10:25 AM

Nick Saban is a teacher. Hard to teach the big moneymakers on a pro team.

Kahuna32162
12-15-2013, 11:45 AM
We bleed Maize and Blue....GO MICHIGAN!
and cheer for any team playing ohio state!

BTW, directions from Ann Arbor to Columbus, go south until you smell it and East until you step in it!

Shimpy
12-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Nick Saban is a teacher. Hard to teach the big moneymakers on a pro team.
He learned that when he coached the Dolphins. He's not much liked in S. Florida when he said that he would say this for the last time he is not going to Alabama. While he was speaking the moving trucks were on there way to his house in Miami.
He's a great college coach though and I am forever indebted to him for destroying Notre Dame.

Shimpy
12-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Since my kids went to MSU and UM (among others), I'd say Ohio State. I'm hoping MSU administers a beating to them next week. If they play as badly next week as they did against an unranked UM team, the "O" will "GO".
Go Green!!

I hate it when you all use abbreviations for these teams up north and assume everyone knows what you mean. To me UM means the "U", the University of Miami. I also see USC which could be Southern Cal or South Carolina.

JP
12-16-2013, 07:22 PM
I cheer against anybody that plays U of M(University of Michigan) in ANY sport. I bleed Maize and Blue too! What a GREAT school!