PDA

View Full Version : NFL Quarterback Quandary

grayesun
08-03-2010, 06:48 PM
The Good Guy - which starting QB would you most like to see playing for your team if your QB were to go down with an injury?

The Bad Guy - which QB in the NFL do you dislike most...he really gets under your skin for whatever reason & you like seeing him take a good hit or hard sack?

Pats2010
08-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Bad guy---Peyton Manning...I love when that crybaby goes down!!!:duck:

bkcunningham1
08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Bad Guy: Tom Brady. The one dimensional football team can't survive without him.

Good Guy: Jim Sorgi

bluedog103
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
That's an easy one for me to answer. Good guy... Peyton Manning. Bad guy...Definitely Michael Vick

Pats2010
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Bad Guy: Tom Brady. The one dimensional football team can't survive without him.

You dislike Tom "Terrific" Brady?

bkcunningham1
08-03-2010, 07:17 PM
You dislike Tom "Terrific" Brady?

He's like Obama. The media won't touch him. :duck:

grayesun
08-03-2010, 07:53 PM
He's like Obama. The media won't touch him. :duck:

Brady like the Obama...hang on for a second....are you out of your :censored: mind? :cus:

Good Guy - Drew Brees

Bad Guy - Peyton Manning (Deliverance boy)...never seen this whining crybaby take a good hit...he's way overdue

GatorFan
08-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Can not win a championship Tony Romo (bad guy)

Good Guy: I would take Peyton Manning any day of the week (can I pick my wide receivers and tight ends?

Sally Jo
08-03-2010, 11:03 PM
I had no idea Peyton was considered a cry baby. Examples???

Pats2010
08-03-2010, 11:14 PM

The only examples would be videos from games that I seen when he played the Patriots. I admit that he looked like he is manning up lately.;)

ajbrown
08-04-2010, 05:46 AM

BK, I have always enjoyed reading your posts. I am crushed that you would think of that poor Tom in such a way :icon_wink:

Good Guy: Payton Manning
Bad Guy: Payton Manning

Disclaimer: Long Time Pats fan

l2ridehd
08-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Good guy, Tom Brady, seems he has more then one super bowl ring so I would not call them a one way to play team. Other wise your saying most every other team is half witted or something. You don't get there with just a great QB.

Bad guy, Michael Vick

bkcunningham1
08-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Good guy, Tom Brady, seems he has more then one super bowl ring so I would not call them a one way to play team. Other wise your saying most every other team is half witted or something. You don't get there with just a great QB.

Bad guy, Michael Vick

Just a former resident of Rhode Island (three years) and longtime NY Giants fan having a little good hearted fun and smack talking my Pats' friends. Go Big Blue.

zcaveman
08-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Good Guy: Eli Manning
Bad Guy: Donovan McNabb AND Ben Roethlisberger

grayesun
08-04-2010, 09:33 AM

Watch Manning on the sidelines next time the Colts have the lower number on the scoreboard...or after he's thrown a pick, or been sacked...his whining drama may briefly resemble other QB's behavior...but then he takes it to the next level...carrying on way too long like a "whining crybaby" :cryin2:; even more so if the Colts are about to lose the game (which I admit doesn't happen often enough). He's a weenie & an advertising "ho"...he may be a great QB...but despite that, I'd rather not have him on my team. Hard to believe he's related to Archie & Eli...both of whom get my full respect.

bluedog103
08-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Gray, this is a great thread. I feel like I'm sitting at my favorite bar yapping and arguing about football, which your probably realize by now is one of my favorite pass times.
Thanks for getting it started.

Sally Jo
08-04-2010, 09:43 AM
I have seen him on the sidelines. I guess I took it differently. I felt that he was upset, about losing, and was blaming himself. I don't remeber him complaining about the officials, etc. I know how much good works, he and his wife, do for Indy, Louisiana and Tennessee. Maybe that colors my opinion.

retiredguy
08-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Great QB: Brett Favre

Bad: Ben Roethlisberger

grayesun
08-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Gray, this is a great thread. I feel like I'm sitting at my favorite bar yapping and arguing about football, which your probably realize by now is one of my favorite pass times.
Thanks for getting it started.

Thanks bluedog, mine too - season can't start soon enough...and I'll be picking up the tab for this one...you can get the next round! :beer3:

bluedog103
08-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Favre? You gotta be kidding!
The guy should have stayed retired after he left the Packers.
All he did for the Jets was cost them a bunch of games and get the coach fired.
Hmmm, without Favre there would have been no Rex Ryan era.
Maybe you're right RG, If you have a struggling team and your QB goes down, Favre's your man.

grayesun
08-04-2010, 10:39 AM
I have seen him on the sidelines. I guess I took it differently. I felt that he was upset, about losing, and was blaming himself. I don't remeber him complaining about the officials, etc. I know how much good works, he and his wife, do for Indy, Louisiana and Tennessee. Maybe that colors my opinion.

I'm not saying Peyton's a bad guy - bad human; have no clue of his personal business except his being in too freakin many commercials; he's just not the kind of football player I like...too much sideline drama.

Pats2010
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm not saying Peyton's a bad guy - bad human; have no clue of his personal business except his being in too freakin many commercials; he's just not the kind of football player I like...too much sideline drama.

I have watched the games we play Manning with a bunch of people and they all boo-ed him when the camera focused on him and his expressions.

Maybe people are miss-reading him?

Lou Card
08-04-2010, 11:08 AM
I have watched the games we play Manning with a bunch of people and they all boo-ed him when the camera focused on him and his expressions.

Maybe people are miss-reading him?

I know thats right pat. I Get misunderstood all the time, it happens.

Lou

retiredguy
08-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Favre? You gotta be kidding!
The guy should have stayed retired after he left the Packers.
All he did for the Jets was cost them a bunch of games and get the coach fired.
Hmmm, without Favre there would have been no Rex Ryan era.
Maybe you're right RG, If you have a struggling team and your QB goes down, Favre's your man.
Favre never really wanted to go to the Jets. Did you even watch last year's SB? Favre will be a Hall of Famer. Can't think of anything bad about that. Sounds like you're just a Jets cry baby.

Shimpy
08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Looking a little into the future, bad guy - Tim Tebow

bluedog103
08-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Favre never really wanted to go to the Jets. Did you even watch last year's SB? Favre will be a Hall of Famer. Can't think of anything bad about that. Sounds like you're just a Jets cry baby.

Huh??? 31-17, does that sound familiar? That was the score of last years Superbowl. That's 31 for New Orleans, 17 for Indy. Brett Favre played for neither team. He played for the Vikings last year, who lost to the Saints in the NFC Champ. game. Farve had nothing to do with the SB, except for maybe buying a ticket and a beer and enjoying a great game. Just wanted to bring you up to speed.
Brett Favre will no doubt be a Hall of Famer. He'll join Bart Starr from the Packers, Fran Tarkenton from the Vikings and Joe Namath from the Jets, all teams for whom Farve has played . I don't think I'd want them coming in off the bench if my quarterback went down either..
You say Favre never wanted to be a Jet. I guess he was kidnapped in the middle of the night, dressed in green and white and shoved out on the turf. Probably not.
Favre came to the Meadowlands on his own free will and played his heart out. He just didn't have the skills or the supporting cast to get the job done. He played heroically is spite of injury but, bottom line, he didn't help the Jets. Favre even admitted recently that his reason for playing for the Jets was that he thought he could help them. Never once did he mentioned the kidnapping you are obviously referring to. Nor did he mention or imply that he quit because he didn't want to be there.
RG, if you read any of my posts you should realize that I'm a football fan. Jets fan? You betcha but you can't root for the humble Jets for many years without being a fan of the game. I can and do appreciate greatness on either side of the ball. Do I talk smack, yep, it's something I look forward to each season. Please notice though, I never attack an opposing fan. I never call a fan a name. The banter goes back and forth and we leave the bar friends whoever wins. Personal attacks are not appreciated.

grayesun
08-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Looking a little into the future, bad guy - Tim Tebow

Got to give you props on that choice Shimpy...you realize you are living in Gator country here...you may want to consider setting up an armed perimeter around your home :boxing2: -
I got no issues with Tebow...what's he done to inspire your venom?

Russ_Boston
08-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Good guy - With a team that has a chance I'll take Brady. He can't do it alone. I'm afraid that when it is all said and done Peyton will win a couple more SB's and be considered the top QB of all time. But he plays for Indy so I just can't support that on principle.

Bad guy - Vick, and not just because of the dog charges. He is not a top notch NFL QB in my opinion. Add the dog thing in and he can't lose enough for me.

bluedog103
08-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Good guy - With a team that has a chance I'll take Brady. He can't do it alone. I'm afraid that when it is all said and done Peyton will win a couple more SB's and be considered the top QB of all time. But he plays for Indy so I just can't support that on principle.

Bad guy - Vick, and not just because of the dog charges. He is not a top notch NFL QB in my opinion. Add the dog thing in and he can't lose enough for me.

Well said Russ. I also didn't consider Vick to be that much of a QB even before the dog charges. Now, fuggetaboutit.

NJblue
08-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Good Guy: Without question, Tom Brady (and I'm a Giants fan). Runner up: Peyton Manning
Bad Guy: Again, without question, Michael Vick

Sally Jo
08-04-2010, 04:44 PM
I agree, Peyton is in a million commercials. It does seem over done, however, we live in a capitalistic society. I don't blame him for making all the money he can.

grayesun
08-04-2010, 06:03 PM
I agree, Peyton is in a million commercials. It does seem over done, however, we live in a capitalistic society. I don't blame him for making all the money he can.

Nope Sally Jo...don't blame him either, get those benjamins while you can...just wish he'd hawk products where we didn't have to see so much of that :censored: kisser of his.

Shimpy
08-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Got to give you props on that choice Shimpy...you realize you are living in Gator country here...you may want to consider setting up an armed perimeter around your home :boxing2: -
I got no issues with Tebow...what's he done to inspire your venom?

He seems to be a genuine good guy, but it irks me when someone can't say three sentences without talking religion or using his face as a billboard promoting it.

Mikeod
08-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Good guy: Tom Brady

Bad Guy: Jay Cutler Always blaming others for his lack of production/winning. Did it in Denver, doing it in Chicago