PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Clubs -Adams IDEA A7os

BigEast
08-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Do anyone have any experience with the Adams IDEA A7os Hybrid clubs?
What is the difference between Senior and Standard clubs? I am looking for a set that is forgiving and these seem to be well rated?

Topper1
08-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Do anyone have any experience with the Adams IDEA A7os Hybrid clubs?
What is the difference between Senior and Standard clubs? I am looking for a set that is forgiving and these seem to be well rated?

I have a set of Adams Idea A2os Senior Clubs. The flex is different on the Senior Shafts than on the Regular Shafts. Lite, more flex and more forgiving. Just try not to overpower the Club. The 4 5 6 and 7 (if like the A2os) should be played more like woods than irons, (not in the middle of your stance). I like my set and am sure you will be happy with the Senior set. Let me know how you like them.
Regards

evolve54
08-07-2010, 05:25 PM
My husband just bought a set about a month ago and he is very happy with them. He says they are much more forgiving.

ricthemic
08-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Adams are great clubs. Consider checking out the Integra I Drive Hybrids. They are identical to taylor rescue. you can google them or check them out at the golf store on 466 small shopping plaza called "sante fe" (i think). they have sold a lot of them to villages. they have them 3 through lob wedge.

hedoman
08-08-2010, 02:48 AM
I play Adams A7 and find them easy to swing. The A7OS (for Over Size) are even easier. Senior shafts have more flex for slower swing speeds. In order to find the right lie, loft and shaft it is wise to be fitted by a knowlegeable person. It makes all the difference vs buying off the rack.

Zass38
08-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I just bought a complete set of A7OS clubs and really like them. Takes a little while to get used to the hybrids. As stated above, do not over power them and play the real hybrids (4-6) a little more to the center. I have the senior shafts. The grips appear to be a little on the small size.

I plan to have them fully fitted at Arnold Palmer in the next month or so, just to be sure and have the lengths corrected, if necessary.

Got a great deal on EBay... almost $300 off list pricing.

spk7951
08-08-2010, 09:43 AM
I bought the Adams Idea A4 clubs last year and really like them. The graphite regular is what I ended up with.
I would suggest going to the Golf Academy and trying out a set. They will allow you to demo a set of clubs for three days. I did that with three different sets of clubs before deciding the A4 was the best for me.

dugg52
11-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Just bought a set of Adams A7OS on ebay based on the recommendations on this site and my own experience with Adams clubs. 13 piece Senior graphite shafts (12 clubs: Driver to Putter) plus bag. Lists at almost $900.00. Got it for $569.99. The best price that I could find anywhere else was $599.00 just for the irons.

I can't wait to try them out.

asilver
11-08-2010, 04:02 PM
The Adams A7OS Senior set is a little different than the regular A7OS set. First of all the lofts are all higher. For instance, the 460cc Driver has 14 degrees of loft vs. 9-11 degrees on most regular drivers, - and the rest of the set has correspondingly higher lofts. The shafts are all senior lightweight graphite. The is no #3 iron. The "irons" start at the higher end with the #4. The #4, #5, and #6 "irons" are actually hybrids. The set also includes the #7 thru #9, - a Pitching Wedge, Sand Wedge, low profile 3 and 5 Woods, a putter and an Adams bag. My only complaint is that it is missing a "gap" wedge between the PW and SW, - which is a club that was included in the older A3OS Senior set.

TCLaD
11-08-2010, 07:31 PM
I also purchased a new set of the A7OS Senior Set irons. I am 63 and seem to have a little more club head speed then I thought as I had a lot of trouble hitting the clubs due to the flexible shat in the senior set. Once I backed down on the clubhead swing, slowed my swing dowm, which by the way isn't a bad thing, I started hitting them a lot straighter. Depending upon your club head speed, you may not want the Senior Shafts. As others have said, Iwould try a set out at Palmers first then make your decision. You may pay a little more for the clubs, but they will do a swing analysis and let you try both shafts out and then you decide. Makes since to me.