PDA

View Full Version : Fitness center vs. rec center activities

Ohiogirl
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Have only been to 1 water aerobics class - at Lake Miona - and want to try to figure out which ones to try next. I understand there are various teachers and even types of water aerobics. For those who love theirs, or those who have tried different ones, can you tell where and why? For those who do yoga, when and where do you go?

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it for me to join the new fitness club in Spanish Springs before Sept. 1st for the price break. I like to do yoga, line-dancing and water aerobics (when it's hot out) for exercise, hate the machines and never stick with them for long. I also play tennis and will probably take up pickeball and/or paddle tennis.

Wish I was in TV to make this decision easier, but I won't be making another trip down until Sept, and then for the season (long season) mid-October thru mid-April

Ohiogirl
08-11-2010, 02:46 PM
bump

graciegirl
08-11-2010, 04:19 PM
There is "Walk off the Pounds" class at Odell every morning at eight.

dwbevan
08-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Is it extra to take a water aerobics class or part of the amenities fee?

herbaru
08-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Is it extra to take a water aerobics class or part of the amenities fee?

It is part of the amenity fee.

jojo
08-12-2010, 03:30 PM
While I belonged to a fitness center in Ohio, I find the free classes at the rec centers and water aerobics work well for me - along with my tennis. The classes are less boring and more social than the equipment in a gym. Many of the classes are full body and "scientifically" work body parts and I feel that I am getting as good a workout as I got doing the machines at the fitness center. I have heard good things about the personal trainers at the wellness center (now transitioning to the new fitness center). I think it is a matter of personal preference and discipline.