PDA

View Full Version : Golf cart speakers

Richa
08-22-2010, 09:38 AM
I have a Yamaha gas cart that I want to add audio so I can play recorded music from my Ipod. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Rich

cybermuda
08-22-2010, 09:49 AM
May I respectfully suggest that you use earphones instead.

bluedog103
08-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Absolutely, do not use ear phones. That is extremely dangerous. You need to be able to hear a car horn, siren, even an abnormal sound coming from your cart.

Russ_Boston
08-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Ditto.

I know that Army Guy, a TOTV member, has a very good sounding radio in his cart. I would assume you could get one that has an 'audio in' port for your Ipod or other MP3 type device.

cybermuda
08-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Absolutely, do not use ear phones. That is extremely dangerous. You need to be able to hear a car horn, siren, even an abnormal sound coming from your cart.

Then may I respecfully suggest that people use one ear phone

Others do not want to hear music blaring out from golf carts

Bosoxfan
08-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I use an Altec Lansing I'M 600 .It's an ipod docking speaker system that also has an fm radio.It's battery operated & rechargeable.The sound is awesome.I bought mine on eBay but I believe Best
Buy sells them.

Bosoxfan
08-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Imagine a world without music!! Music is my key to life..Don't take it away! ( Peter Frampton)

cybermuda
08-22-2010, 01:41 PM
No one wants to take away your music, but everyone has their own taste in music so should keep their music to themself

It is different playing it in a sound-insulated car, but in an open golf cart - or on a motorbike, which I have also heard in The Villages - it can adversely impact others.

Russ_Boston
08-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Should they also take them away from convertibles?

As long as it is not stupidly loud, who cares?

bluedog103
08-22-2010, 02:10 PM
I agree Russ. I don't think most folks in TV would ride around with the volume cranked all the way up. Most people I've met are very considerate.
I have aux jacks for my Ipod in all of my cars, including the convertible, and would be lost without them.

cybermuda
08-22-2010, 03:33 PM
You're right, of course

Relying on common sense is better than having even more regulations

Vinny
08-22-2010, 07:55 PM
I simply bought some mini stereo speakers sold at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They are built into a case with a clip at the end to attach to things. You can velcro them to you cart or clip them on wherever you can. They come with a wire to plug into my iPhone. When I am done I lock them in my glovebox. I also put in a cup holder mount that I attach an am/fm/amateur radio to. A friend has a small satellite radio that feeds into two small computer speakers. The whole thing is velcro'd to his dash.

There are so many speakers out there got iPads that all you need to do is look.

Cliff
08-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Your posts on this subject are right on, cybermuda. The same people who want the speakers like to let the rest of the world hear their music too. Especially about 6:34AM while they are driving their carts to their tee time. And, driving home from the Landing after sucking on beer for a couple of hours.

memason
08-23-2010, 10:55 AM
...and "welcome to America's friendliness hometown"...

Whew..... rough.

I vote for the common sense option, as long as we're talking about "my" common sense .... :thumbup:

Pats2010
08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Your posts on this subject are right on, cybermuda. The same people who want the speakers like to let the rest of the world hear their music too. Especially about 6:34AM while they are driving their carts to their tee time. And, driving home from the Landing after sucking on beer for a couple of hours.

Good point Cliff. Also, since hearing loss is an older person affliction, I would think that many would not realize how loud they have the volume. Where I live, I can hear the music before I can see the vehicle.

bluedog103
08-23-2010, 01:43 PM

That's a pretty wide brush you're painting with.
If you have a knucklehead who routinely disturbs you in the early morning, talk to the knucklehead. Same with someone who has consumed a bit too much hooch and cranks the sounds up too much.
The same complaint can be made about people with their windows open and the radio on. Should radios be removed from cars for you convenience? Don't accuse everyone with a radio in their cart of the same crime.
I still contend that most people in TV are very considerate. We don't need rules for a non-problem.

redwitch
08-23-2010, 02:36 PM
We're not talking about a bunch of teenagers with the bass booming. We're talking about small speakers for a golf cart. I've sat at the Morse light with carts in front and behind me with their music on. I rather enjoyed the diversity since one was playing classic rock and the other classical, so I could tilt my head one way to hear a song and then the other for the aria (long light, long wait to get through it). Once we started moving, I could hear neither of them.

Yes, there are some inconsiderate dolts but the majority are not. They play their music at a reasonable level, drive their carts are reasonable speeds, don't litter and try to be considerate of others. To regulate the many for the few is not worth the price.

And I TOTALLY agree that earphones, even in just one ear, are dangerous. California bans the use of earphones for drivers (singular and plural) in cars because of the inability to hear emergency vehicles, let alone regular traffic noises.

Indy-Guy
08-23-2010, 07:58 PM
I use the a hand size dual speaker from Bed Bath and Beyond (link below) They are $9.99 and work great. I hook it up to the post behind my head using one cable tie and a strip of velcro. The new ones have a volume control and work great for $9.99.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=125697&RN=828&

Cliff
08-24-2010, 08:19 AM
bluedog103, who accused all cart drivers with radios of being inconsiderate? Possibly you should read a bit without jumping to conclusions. Think that those who are inconsiderate enough to ride in early hours or late hours with their radios blaring away would actually stop to chat with someone who wants them to turn down the volume? Get real. Nobody said it happens every day at the same time. You jump on people a bit to quickly, mate.

bluedog103
08-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Uhhhh, you did. You stated that "the same people who want the speakers like to let the rest of the world hear their music too", etc, etc.
You're right, those blasting tunes in the early A.M. wouldn't likely be inclined to stop for a chat. That's when you need to be a little more assertive. In any case, deal with the offender, not with everone with music in their cart, or as YOU put it, "the same people who want the speakers".
Nobody is jumping on you Cliff. No offense was intended nor was I offended by your reaction to my comments. Intelligent people should be able to have discussions.

Russ_Boston
08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Wow, an agrument that I'm not involved in!

jannd228
08-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Wow, an agrument that I'm not involved in!

:wave: