PDA

View Full Version : Tamarind model?

Rlheinz19@yahoo.com
12-13-2020, 11:15 AM
Soon to be Villagers, Terry& Ruth moving from Louisville KY and recent residents of Indianapolis. We have a lot in the Village of St Catherine but haven't locked in a model. Considering the Tamarind. Anyone that has lived in one, please let us know your thoughts, good and bad. Anything you wish you had done if you built one?

Brwne
12-14-2020, 10:45 AM
Soon to be Villagers, Terry& Ruth moving from Louisville KY and recent residents of Indianapolis. We have a lot in the Village of St Catherine but haven't locked in a model. Considering the Tamarind. Anyone that has lived in one, please let us know your thoughts, good and bad. Anything you wish you had done if you built one?

Tamarind is the stucco version of our Longleaf. We love the floor plan but if I were building one "custom" I would:
1. Move the thermostat and light switch so a pocket door could be installed - creates a suite out of the 2nd bathroom and one of the bedrooms. (see Sycamore model).
2. Extend the garage 2 feet and carry that through to expand the master bath so the toilet is in a separate room.
3. Add 2 feet, front to back, expanding the space between the kitchen counter and the (tv) wall - carried through to expand the 3rd bedroom (some call it the "den"). Use some of that space to have a coat closet in the entry.
4. Have a golf cart garage.

Having said all that, my wife informs me we are NOT leaving our neighborhood...