PDA

View Full Version : RIP Hank Aaron

Rollie
01-22-2021, 11:15 AM
My favorite ballplayer when growing up. He was with the Milwaukee Braves then.

Rollie

Stu from NYC
01-22-2021, 11:48 AM
One of the best ever

manaboutown
01-22-2021, 11:50 AM
R I P Hank. We are losing many great athletes whom I loved to watch play.

DeanFL
01-22-2021, 12:18 PM
IMO Hank Aaron IS the Career Home Run CHAMPION. GOAT

No ****astericks**** required.

One of a kind, and a great human being.

Taltarzac725
01-22-2021, 01:03 PM
Hank Aaron - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Aaron)

R.I.P. Hank Aaron.

charlieo1126@gmail.com
01-22-2021, 02:03 PM
Class act on and off the field RIP

Hape2Bhr
01-22-2021, 02:18 PM

Rollie

I was sitting 3rd stool in at the Mohawk Lodge (Weymouth, MA), when he broke Babe Ruth's home run record! :MOJE_whot::boom:

cswett5234
01-22-2021, 02:37 PM
You are right, he IS the HR champ, not Bonds. Wife and I went to Cooperstown to the Baseball HOF last summer, they have a great Hank Aaron section set up there, highly recommend going there, took us 2 days to see it all. I still have my 1974 baseball cards that include Mr. Aaron.

RIP

eweissenbach
01-22-2021, 05:04 PM
I was a huge fan of hammerin Hank. I bought a Louisville Slugger Hank Aaron model 34” bat that I used for two years in American Legion baseball before I broke it. :ohdear:

John_W
01-22-2021, 05:26 PM
In the 80's I lived in Savannah, Georgia I went almost weekly to a Savannah Braves game, the seats were cheap and the beer was cheap. Once at a game about '84 there was maybe 500 people in the stands that held about 5,000, so everyone was sitting far apart. I was about ten rows up from the dugout and about 5 rows in front of me was Hank Aaron for the whole game. He was involved with the Braves minor league players. I didn't bother him and didn't ask for an autograph, I got past those days. It was interesting sitting there watching him watch the game for 9 innings.

NYJoe77
01-22-2021, 07:13 PM
As a lifelong Mets fan, I saw Hammerin' Hank on t.v. and in person at Shea Stadium throughout the 60s and 70s. One game my brothers and I went to in 1972 was memorable for watching Aaron in batting practice. Three b.p. pitches and three consecutive blasts into the left field bullpen with that effortless-looking swing of his, using his wrists to power the ball.

A model of consistency and durability: With 755 HRs lifetime, he never had a season where he hit as many as 50.

Stu from NYC
01-22-2021, 07:15 PM
As a lifelong Mets fan, I saw Hammerin' Hank on t.v. and in person at Shea Stadium throughout the 60s and 70s. One game my brothers and I went to in 1972 was memorable for watching Aaron in batting practice. Three b.p. pitches and three consecutive blasts into the left field bullpen with that effortless-looking swing of his, using his wrists to power the ball.

A model of consistency and durability: With 755 HRs lifetime, he never had a season where he hit as many as 50.

He was a model of consistency. Amazing how long he was able to keep it up.

What a shame all the threats he received as he closed in on the HR record.

camaguey48
01-23-2021, 05:57 AM
He was a model of consistency. Amazing how long he was able to keep it up.

What a shame all the threats he received as he closed in on the HR record.
He was a good and decent man. May he rest in peace and enveloped in God's warm and loving embrace.

Scott O
01-23-2021, 06:26 AM

Rollie
A sad day indeed, what a legend...RIP.

HeleneGB
01-23-2021, 06:39 AM
May his memory be a blessing.

SteelGator
01-23-2021, 10:42 AM
As a second grader who loved to collect baseball cards, one at a time, because that was all the money I was given, I remember opening one pack revealing a player whose name started with two A's and I thought that strange. That card was in my back pocket along with others wrapped in a rubber band at school on most days because we traded cards there. Somehow the card survived and I still have it along with thousands of others. My now rare Aaron rookie card is not in the kind of condition that would attract any investor in sports memorabilia now but I would not sell it for whatever price it might bring. Every time I saw that unbelievably great and humble player on TV or read about the incredible racial abuse he encountered I thought about that card and still smile.

R.I.P. Hank, the real home run king

Denis sur
01-23-2021, 12:22 PM
I was sitting 3rd stool in at the Mohawk Lodge (Weymouth, MA), when he broke Babe Ruth's home run record! :MOJE_whot::boom:

Saw Hank hit number 716 off Al Dounning.Great player and human being. RIP

fheller45
01-23-2021, 12:32 PM

Rollie

Mine, too. I remember watching him in Connie Mack Stadium, 21st and Lehigh in Philadelphia. In batting practice he would pop one pitch after another into the left field bleachers with the smoothest, easiest swing I ever saw.

lobster610
01-23-2021, 12:39 PM
I was at the stadium in Atlanta when he broke Babe Ruth's home run record. They gave us all a certificate when departing the game.

Denis sur
01-23-2021, 12:42 PM
Saw Hammering Hank hit number 715 off Al Downning.Great ball player and human being .RIP

KellyMemories
01-23-2021, 05:29 PM
As a young girl I saw him play in Milwaukee and he signed a baseball for me...which I still have.
RIP Hank Aaron
Kelly

tvbound
01-23-2021, 08:56 PM
Oftentimes, the word "hero' is overused. When it comes to Hank Aaron, it's not. He was a hero on and off the field. RIP Home-Run King.

https://baseballhall.org/discover-more/stories/support/hank-aaron-continues-legacy-through-giving