PDA

View Full Version : Model Airplane Club?

jebartle
09-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I know there is an aviation club in the Villages, is there a club for model planes?

`willy
09-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Yes there is. E-FLYERS They fly their planes at the Polo Field.
Mon, Tues.Wed, Fri 8 am to 11am. only electric planes. Gas scares the
The polo ponies. call Walter 753 5291 for info.
WILLY

Carla B
09-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Although not in The Villages, there is a field nearby on Rolling Acres S of 466. It is the home of the Southern Eagles Squadron. You can fly both gas and electric and the hours are not limited. I know this because my husband really likes to fly model airplanes and hang out there. PM if you'd like further details.

rbollinger
10-08-2010, 03:04 PM
The Villages e-Flyers can fly Mon-Fri, 7:30-11:00 AM during polo season. The rest of the year it's M-F all day, but most fly in the AM when it's less breezy.

All electric powered aircraft of a size suitable for the filed are allowed. Instruction with a buddy box (dual control) is given for those new to the hobby.

BigLew
11-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Yes there is. E-FLYERS They fly their planes at the Polo Field.
Mon, Tues.Wed, Fri 8 am to 11am. only electric planes. Gas scares the
The polo ponies. call Walter 753 5291 for info.
WILLY

just wondering, has anyone really checked that gas scares the ponies? I only ask because my last club flew right next to some stables and we flew everything from pipers to jets in nitro and gas with the horses barely noticing.

`willy
11-01-2010, 02:43 PM
just wondering, has anyone really checked that gas scares the ponies? I only ask because my last club flew right next to some stables and we flew everything from pipers to jets in nitro and gas with the horses barely noticing.

I really don't know. Call Walter

Willy

aln
06-03-2011, 08:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=SDbQ5xvsrIU

llaran
06-03-2011, 02:27 PM
There is a flying field up on 110 in Ocala, I think it is east of 475. They fly the larger planes. You can google RC flying clubs and get the name. My neighbor bulids large plannes - 13 ft wing span, he's up on Long Island teaching now.:wave:

buzzy
06-03-2011, 04:56 PM
There is a flying field up on 110 in Ocala, I think it is east of 475. They fly the larger planes. You can google RC flying clubs and get the name. My neighbor bulids large plannes - 13 ft wing span, he's up on Long Island teaching now.:wave:

Is that Bill F? I used to fly with him on LI.

howardandsheila
08-05-2013, 02:05 PM
I know this is an old thread. Found it when I searched for RC airplane clubs. Is this E-Flyers club still active and flying at the Polo grounds? Just getting into the hobby. Much less expensive than the Piper Archer was costing to fly.
Thanks
Howard

buzzy
08-05-2013, 07:05 PM
We have about 125 members. Every weekday there are about a dozen flyers at the polo fields, behind the stadium. Also have about six instructors using buddy-box transmitters. Just come down and introduce yourself

howardandsheila
08-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Will be coming down later this year as I prepare to retire. Looking forward to meeting others with same interests.

Rickg
08-05-2013, 08:59 PM
I just got a trainer. I'll be down later this year too!

howardandsheila
08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Currently have an Apprentice S15, and a Super Cub. Have my eyes on a twin engine C47, once I get better at the landing part.:a040:

John_W
08-06-2013, 05:02 PM
In the new August issue of The Villages magazine that came out today on page 76 is a 2 page story about the E-Flyers club with photos.

I have an electric C-172 (Air Field brand) 55" wingspan RC plane that I bought new with the transmitter in 2010 and have never flown it. It's hanging from my garage ceiling. Someday I'll have to try it out, I have charged the battery and run the engine. It was pretty powerful, took a lot to hold it down and to stay away from the prop. I also had bought the online E-flyer software and controller for $40 a couple of years ago and was practicing for a few months, I'll have to get back into that as well.

I had soloed a real Cessna 172 a couple of times in the 80's but stopped short of getting a license, in fact I use to be an air traffic controller at Pensacola Approach until the strike of 1981. I bring that up in case there are any other former PATCO members on the board. I've run into a couple of controllers (retired) while playing golf. Sometimes I get in the mood for aviation, but right now golf and softball have most of my attention.

Rickg
08-06-2013, 06:06 PM
I am going to try out my AXN next week and if I learn to fly it ill be bringing it down in Oct.

buzzy
08-06-2013, 10:04 PM
I am going to try out my AXN next week and if I learn to fly it ill be bringing it down in Oct.

Don't know what an AXN is. But, if you're a snowbird, you really need a plane in each place.

THE NEWCOMER
08-07-2013, 05:28 AM
We have about 125 members. Every weekday there are about a dozen flyers at the polo fields, behind the stadium. Also have about six instructors using buddy-box transmitters. Just come down and introduce yourself

See you in September! Hope you all have clear skies and low wind!

howardandsheila
08-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Don't know what an AXN is. But, if you're a snowbird, you really need a plane in each place.

A plane(s) in each location!!! Now THAT is the best post I have seen in a long time and such sage advice...:bigbow:

I hope it supports my argument that multiple planes and controllers is just a fact of life. :plane::plane::plane::plane:

Will let you know how it goes.