PDA

View Full Version : Percentage of Seniors Vaccinated

sdeikenberry
02-11-2021, 05:54 AM
Here's a link to the graphic from DeSantis news conference where he spoke of opening new vaccine sites and referenced the percentage of seniors in each county that have been vaccinated. He particularly spoke of Sarasota County as being one of the ones that needs more vaccine sites, while never mentioning Sumter. Sarasota has 25% of their senior population vaccinated, and Sumter has 28% of it's seniors vaccinated. The really interesting part to me is the huge majority of Sumter seniors have had to travel to other counties to get the vaccine, but DeSantis doesn't appear to think we should be getting more doses here...or more vaccine sites.

\How Gov. DeSantis is deciding which Florida counties need more COVID-19 vaccines (https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/02/10/how-gov-desantis-is-deciding-which-florida-counties-need-more-covid-19-vaccines/)

Altavia
02-11-2021, 08:01 AM
Also Interesting counties like Palm Beach are already 50%.

JoMar
02-11-2021, 09:33 PM
Here's a link to the graphic from DeSantis news conference where he spoke of opening new vaccine sites and referenced the percentage of seniors in each county that have been vaccinated. He particularly spoke of Sarasota County as being one of the ones that needs more vaccine sites, while never mentioning Sumter. Sarasota has 25% of their senior population vaccinated, and Sumter has 28% of it's seniors vaccinated. The really interesting part to me is the huge majority of Sumter seniors have had to travel to other counties to get the vaccine, but DeSantis doesn't appear to think we should be getting more doses here...or more vaccine sites.

\How Gov. DeSantis is deciding which Florida counties need more COVID-19 vaccines (https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/02/10/how-gov-desantis-is-deciding-which-florida-counties-need-more-covid-19-vaccines/)

Publix, Walmart and Winn Dixie all added this week in Sumter. I think the issue will continue to be available doses. Another issue is we had an appointment with Publix then got the vaccine in Orlando (closer) and no way to cancel Publix. My wife then got her code for GMR and no way to let them know she didn't need it. Wonder what happens to those doses if they are taken out of the freezer although she never made the appointment with GMR. A neighbor got his at Publix, late in the day, and they made a store announcement that they had no shows so if anyone in the store wanted the vaccine they had doses.