PDA

View Full Version : Wraps or Skins on golf cart

HMLRHT1
09-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Does any one know if some company or individual makes and applies wraps or skins to golf carts? It sure would open up a whole new way to decorate your cart with all kinds of designs from your imagination. AL

Chopper
09-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I did a Google search for "golf cart skins" and found several pages of links. Give it a try.

graciegirl
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Well tell us including this dumb cheerleader, WHAT is a golf cart skin? I know what it is in golf and I know what it is in basketball, (shirts and skins) but what is a "skin" on a golf cart?

Chopper
09-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Gracie, the best I can tell it is a vinyl sheet with graphics that is applied over the paint without damaging the paint. It is only limited by your imagination or whatever designs are commercially available. You probably have seen the skins on delivery vehicles like beer delivery trucks.

Seems like a pretty cool way to dress up a golf cart with a unique finish. Skins can be removed and replaced with a different one without damaging the original paint. Skins are rather expensive, but, when it comes to decorating our golf carts the sky is the limit.

HMLRHT1
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks HowardSims

Larryandlinda
09-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Gracie, the best I can tell it is a vinyl sheet with graphics that is applied over the paint without damaging the paint. It is only limited by your imagination or whatever designs are commercially available. You probably have seen the skins on delivery vehicles like beer delivery trucks.

Seems like a pretty cool way to dress up a golf cart with a unique finish. Skins can be removed and replaced with a different one without damaging the original paint. Skins are rather expensive, but, when it comes to decorating our golf carts the sky is the limit.
While the sky may be the limit....decorators might have to be wary of authorities higher than the sky!
Maybe even TV
Popular wraps include symbols, icons, and references to commerce.
F'rinstance....certain marketing campaigns used to offer to paint your veedub if you displayed a wrap for a year.

There are probably a good number of TV fogies that would no sooner see their street graced with gawdy golfcars than to see pink flamingoes, lawn jockeys, and loud flags

L and L