PDA

View Full Version : District Orientation Goes Virtual

twoplanekid
03-01-2021, 09:38 PM
I would quote Richard Baier, our District Manager

"While most of our in-person services and programs have resumed in a modified version, there are a few that remain canceled. Both CDD Orientation and Resident Academy are canceled until further notice. Over the last few weeks, members of the District team have been working to record presentations that have been compiled into a new educational initiative called ‘District Orientation’. District Orientation will consist of videos and information for various District Departments and functions. Each video is an individual module that spans between 25-48 minutes, can be paused, and you may view each video as many times as you would like. Some of
the areas you can expect to see include a CDD Overview, Finance, Budget, Community Watch, Community Standards, Recreation & Parks, Executive Golf, Property Management, and MORE! "

To view the new District Orientation videos, visit Village Community Development Districts (http://www.DistrictGov.org) to then click on the (District Orientation) link found on the home page or use this direct link ->District Orientation (https://www.districtgov.org/community/DistrictOrientation.aspx)

rustyp
03-02-2021, 07:20 AM
I totally understand how busy you are. I didn't mean to pile more on "your" plate. I'm just wondering why TV can't put out videos instead of having to wait for openings in their classes. Surely someone recorded a session of good golf or resident academy that can be dusted off. Worst case record the next session.

Funny - On 1/14 2021 (my post to goldwingnut) I was told we didn't have the budget to support this idea I proposed.

Altavia
03-02-2021, 01:34 PM
Funny - On 1/14 2021 (my post to goldwingnut) I was told we didn't have the budget to support this idea I proposed.

Sometimes I suspect The Villages will start a project just to prove Don wrong ;-)

Bogie Shooter
03-02-2021, 01:41 PM

As your reward free coffee for a year at the Fenny Rec Center coffee shop.:eclipsee_gold_cup:

rustyp
03-02-2021, 02:46 PM
Sometimes I suspect The Villages will start a project just to prove Don wrong ;-)

In all fairness Don said it was a great idea but no budget to support and he had too much at the moment on his plate.

rustyp
03-02-2021, 02:50 PM
As your reward free coffee for a year at the Fenny Rec Center coffee shop.:eclipsee_gold_cup:

Thanks for the reward but I would have to pack a lunch to get to the free coffee. Do they still have free cookies ?

twoplanekid
03-02-2021, 03:22 PM
Sometimes things move slowly and sometimes quickly. I have been waiting to see a link appear on the NSCUDD web page for the Advanced Wastewater Treatment Management workshop as it is what NSCUDD controls. I never think to find it under Quick Links and then District Workshops. And I ask for and have been told that the NSCUDD logo will soon appear on the Jacob’s garbage/sanitation trucks as that Jacobs operation also falls under NSCUDD purview. I am on the NSCUDD board which is short for North Sumter County Utility Dependent District.

It is confusing as to who controls, operates or manages what system in the Villages. I am pleased that more videos are coming online to help educate villagers on many District operations.

District Workshops (https://www.districtgov.org/community/district-workshops.aspx)

CWGUY
03-02-2021, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the reward but I would have to pack a lunch to get to the free coffee. Do they still have free cookies ?

:icon_wink: I believe there is no more "they". :ohdear:

rustyp
03-03-2021, 01:15 PM
I would quote Richard Baier, our District Manager

"While most of our in-person services and programs have resumed in a modified version, there are a few that remain canceled. Both CDD Orientation and Resident Academy are canceled until further notice. Over the last few weeks, members of the District team have been working to record presentations that have been compiled into a new educational initiative called ‘District Orientation’. District Orientation will consist of videos and information for various District Departments and functions. Each video is an individual module that spans between 25-48 minutes, can be paused, and you may view each video as many times as you would like. Some of
the areas you can expect to see include a CDD Overview, Finance, Budget, Community Watch, Community Standards, Recreation & Parks, Executive Golf, Property Management, and MORE! "

To view the new District Orientation videos, visit Village Community Development Districts (http://www.DistrictGov.org) to then click on the (District Orientation) link found on the home page or use this direct link ->District Orientation (https://www.districtgov.org/community/DistrictOrientation.aspx)

A bit of advice as you watch the resident academy videos to eliminate some confusion.
Print out The Villages Org Chart and as the acronyms start flying fast and furious pause and look for it on the org chart.
https://www.districtgov.org/images/Organizational%20Chart.pdf?v=20210104

The most confusing of all acronyms are VCDD and VCCDD. They are two very different items:
- VCDD is Villages Community Development District. It is where you live.
A - North of Rt 466 is districts 1-4
B - Between Rt 466 and 466A are districts 5-8
C - South of Rt 466A are districts 9-13
- VCCDD is Villages Center Community Development District. In a nutshell it is kind of the governing body of districts 1-4 labeled A above (very understated explanation watch the videos).
Like wise look at the first two boxes of the org chart.
- BCDD Brownwood Development District represents area labeled C above
- SLCDD Sumter Landing Community Development District represents area labeled B above
If you grab this concept before you watch the videos I believe you will enjoy them much more and be able to follow along better. The VCDD and VCCDD will really throw your mental picture off if you don't keep them straight. It has everything to do with probably what is of most interest to you - what does my money pay for and where does all the other money come from.