PDA

View Full Version : star golf cars

jaringg
09-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Is anyone having problems with their carts ? Mine is doing some strange things.

Vinny
09-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Define strange? Is it spinning around and spitting out pea soup? I have a Star cart for 3 months now with no problems but I guarantee you that for every brand there is one or more people that have problems.

jaringg
09-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Define strange? Is it spinning around and spitting out pea soup? I have a Star cart for 3 months now with no problems but I guarantee you that for every brand there is one or more people that have problems.
Most of the time it is fine but some times slows down to a crawl !

ajbrown
09-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Most of the time it is fine but some times slows down to a crawl !

Is it after a 50 mile ride :)?

I am not making fun, but Vinny is right. The better you can define the problem, which I agree is not easy the better chance folks have to help with their experiences.

jaringg
09-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Is it after a 50 mile ride :)?

I am not making fun, but Vinny is right. The better you can define the problem, which I agree is not easy the better chance folks have to help with their experiences.
no not after long ride, it happens randomly even on new charge, at any time, then is's OK

Mikeod
09-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Does this happen only going downhill? We had a cart with a speed limiter that prevented it from freewheeling downhill. More than that, it slowed the cart to about 5 mph unless you backed off on the pedal.

ajbrown
09-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I have never had a Star cart, so large grain of salt here.

I empathize as intermittent issues are so difficult get to root cause.

The fact that is slows, but still moves is interesting. For kicks I would first check all wire connections to be sure they are clean and tight, especially the large wires on the battery pack, controller and motor.

If all wires look good, I am in over my head without a wiring diagram. The game becomes measuring voltage at various places, motor, controller (input/output side), potentiometer (not even sure Star has one) :), all the time waiting for it to fail.

If you find a common fact that is true every time it fails the issue may get easier to isolate.

Good luck, I wish I could be of more help.

Vinny
09-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Just bring it to the dealer to check. You are not going to get it fixed here. These carts are software controlled so it could be a glitch in the software or some other strange problem. The dealer may even be aware of it.

rschultz
09-08-2011, 10:41 AM
What kind of problem are you having maybe I can help.