PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a New York Sports Fan’s club?

tpop1
09-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I would like to gauge the potential interest in a New York Sports Fan’s club here in The Villages.

My thought is to set up a club which meets once a month with discussions, videos, maybe presentations covering all New York Sports teams; primarily the professional teams:
Yankees, Mets,
Giants, Jets,
Knicks, Nets,
Rangers, Devils, Islanders

…Have I missed any???

Perhaps the most important goal, for me, is the ability to have group attendance to the many of games here in the Tampa / Orlando area. Leave the driving and parking to the bus driver.

Please let me know of your interest and if you can, pass this along to other NY Fans you know.

Thanks…see you in the World Series.:laugh:

bluedog103
09-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Great idea tpop. One of the things I'll miss most is NY sports.

chachacha
09-15-2010, 03:08 PM
you might get more attention if you put your post on the thread for clubs...good luck.

tpop1
09-16-2010, 02:34 PM
bump

2BNTV
10-20-2010, 01:32 PM
tpop:

I would join in a second but I am still a wannabee. :sad:

I will keep this in mind when I finally get to TV.

Shirleevee
10-20-2010, 01:55 PM
We're interested!

Yankees, Giant & Jet fans here!

beartrack
10-20-2010, 04:08 PM
We would join "In a New York Minute "

JETS
YANKEES
RANGERS

:BigApplause: :thumbup: :highfive:

JDudik
10-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Sounds like a great idea! Let's Go Yankees!!!

phnzz
10-20-2010, 06:31 PM
This would be the New York City Sports club unless you include the Bill and Sabres!!!!!

2BNTV
10-26-2010, 03:29 PM
We would join "In a New York Minute "

JETS
YANKEES
RANGERS

:BigApplause: :thumbup: :highfive:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
beartrack:

That would be about 30 seconds?

Yankees
Giants
Would include the Knicks but they are not revelant at this time as they not enjoyable to watch until they are competitive. IMHO

tpop1
10-26-2010, 03:51 PM
I'll be hitting there on the weekend if all goes well and I plan on seeing what has to be done to get this club started.

Looking forward to getting down there....now that Baseball is effectively over!!!

bluedog103
10-26-2010, 09:25 PM
I'll be hitting there on the weekend if all goes well and I plan on seeing what has to be done to get this club started.

Looking forward to getting down there....now that Baseball is effectively over!!!
TPOP I'm sending you a p.m.

tpop1
11-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I wanted to let everyone who expressed interest, that I submitted the paperwork for the New York Sports Fan Club and the survey should be in the Recreation News over the next few weeks.

I have a good amount of interest from the people to whom I've mentioned it.

Please let me know of your interest by sending me a Private Message here on TOTV.
I need name, telephone number and email address for the roster to submit to The Villages. If you'd like, let me know the teams you support. I'll put together a roster for our first meeting.

I stopped by Beef O'Brady's last Sunday and met a couple of TOTV members who replied the me previously - it was fun putting faces to names.

Thanks

Bosoxfan
11-14-2010, 07:43 PM
I would like to gauge the potential interest in a New York Sports Fan’s club here in The Villages.

My thought is to set up a club which meets once a month with discussions, videos, maybe presentations covering all New York Sports teams; primarily the professional teams:
Yankees, Mets,
Giants, Jets,
Knicks, Nets,
Rangers, Devils, Islanders

…Have I missed any???

Perhaps the most important goal, for me, is the ability to have group attendance to the many of games here in the Tampa / Orlando area. Leave the driving and parking to the bus driver.

Please let me know of your interest and if you can, pass this along to other NY Fans you know.

Thanks…see you in the World Series.:laugh:

not!!:boxing2:barf

tpop1
11-14-2010, 08:55 PM
not!!:boxing2:barf

....an expert of NOT!:wave::loco:

You can join us for one meeting, the evenings entertainment. We can all swap war stories.....me of Bucky Dent and Aaron Boone and you of "The great comeback of 2004"

Ain't sports wonderful?
_