PDA

View Full Version : World's LARGEST White Castle NOW open (Orlando)

DeanFL
05-03-2021, 07:40 AM
If you're CRAVIN'>>>

Orlando Sentinel
Orlando White Castle opening draws big line of little burger fans
5/3/2021 27 mins ago

More than 100 people were standing in line under a tent, and the drive-thru also was packed with cars.

White Castle was set to open at 8 a.m. in the O-Town West development on Daryl Carter Parkway near Disney World.

The restaurant will be open until 1 a.m. Tuesday and then 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. every day of the week. Eventually, it will be a 24-hour operation. There is a 60-slider limit per customer.

The restaurant will be the “largest free-standing White Castle in the world” at 4,567 square feet and features two drive-through lanes along with indoor and outdoor seating. It’s the first White Castle in Florida since the 1960s.

The company was expecting extremely high interest. A White Castle ghost kitchen near downtown Orlando, without a dining room, opened in February and had to abruptly close because of overwhelming demand until the full restaurant near Disney opens.

Orlando White Castle opening draws big line of little burger fans (https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/orlando-white-castle-opening-draws-big-line-of-little-burger-fans/ar-BB1gjbxX)

RICH1
05-03-2021, 07:43 AM
How can they get workers & Culvers can't ?

DeanFL
05-03-2021, 07:48 AM

exactly my thought when I saw the picture.

JSR22
05-03-2021, 07:54 AM

Probably paying more then minimum wage.

billethkid
05-03-2021, 07:55 AM
Orlando VS The Villages work pool???
:rolleyes:

Arlington2
05-03-2021, 08:09 AM
Orlando VS The Villages work pool???
:rolleyes:
Orlando restaurants are also short staffed. At least 1/2 hour waits in sit down restaurants. The Kissimmee Culver's I visited yesterday has limited dine in just like the TV Culver's. Now hiring signs up everywhere.

graciegirl
05-03-2021, 08:33 AM
Orlando restaurants are also short staffed. At least 1/2 hour waits in sit down restaurants. The Kissimmee Culver's I visited yesterday has limited dine in just like the TV Culver's. Now hiring signs up everywhere.

Many of us think we know why people are choosing NOT to work.

However, I go on record as saying that I love White Castle Hamburgers. Lovely memories of the very few times as a child we ate "out". Bexley in Columbus, Ohio. Take off the pickles. Couldn't afford drinks with the two hamburgers but that fun is "seared" in my memory.

charlieo1126@gmail.com
05-03-2021, 08:43 AM
Thanks for that information I’m going to head down there soon, about the talk about Culver’s which I’ve never been . I was at Tropical Smoothie around 1pm Friday it’s in front of Walmart, there were 9 people working there and yes I counted them because I was impressed in a store much smaller the Culver’s , people go where the money goes and maybe Culver’s is a little tight in that part

Ecuadog
05-03-2021, 08:43 AM
Buy 'em by the sack!

Stu from NYC
05-03-2021, 08:44 AM

Employees get free burgers and fries:bigbow:

Papa_lecki
05-03-2021, 08:56 AM
When chains open new locations, they bring workforce in from all over the country, they are familiar with the processes. They train the new workforce - they also over staff, to be sure the stomper experience is positive

Please dont make open a White Castle into a debate on raising the minimum wage.

J1ceasar
05-04-2021, 05:26 AM
The villages, has sucked up a lot of land that might have gone to normal families with children. There are a lot less working age able-bodied people in the general area. It's very simple would you want to drive 30 or 45 minutes to go to a job or do you want to work in the general vicinity of your job. The villages has done a very big disservice but not planning to have enough regular homes for non over 55 s. So you don't get enough people in the trades that live right here and you don't get teenagers that want to work in fast food places because there aren't that many. You guys wanted to live in an island and you got exactly what you wanted don't complain
When chains open new locations, they bring workforce in from all over the country, they are familiar with the processes. They train the new workforce - they also over staff, to be sure the stomper experience is positive

Please dont make open a White Castle into a debate on raising the minimum wage.

Freehiker
05-04-2021, 06:24 AM
So you don't get enough people in the trades that live right here and you don't get teenagers that want to work in fast food places because there aren't that many

Parents don’t make their kids get a job anymore and then allow them to live at home forever, rent free, which is why there are no workers for entry level jobs.

mydavid
05-04-2021, 06:48 AM
If you're CRAVIN'>>>

Orlando Sentinel
5/3/2021 27 mins ago

More than 100 people were standing in line under a tent, and the drive-thru also was packed with cars.

White Castle was set to open at 8 a.m. in the O-Town West development on Daryl Carter Parkway near Disney World.

The restaurant will be open until 1 a.m. Tuesday and then 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. every day of the week. Eventually, it will be a 24-hour operation. There is a 60-slider limit per customer.

The restaurant will be the “largest free-standing White Castle in the world” at 4,567 square feet and features two drive-through lanes along with indoor and outdoor seating. It’s the first White Castle in Florida since the 1960s.

The company was expecting extremely high interest. A White Castle ghost kitchen near downtown Orlando, without a dining room, opened in February and had to abruptly close because of overwhelming demand until the full restaurant near Disney opens.

Orlando White Castle opening draws big line of little burger fans (https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/orlando-white-castle-opening-draws-big-line-of-little-burger-fans/ar-BB1gjbxX) I remember my first duty station when I was in the Navy, you could get a bag full of White Castile burgers for a buck, I think they were 10 cents each. :ho:

DAVES
05-04-2021, 08:05 AM
If you're CRAVIN'>>>

Orlando Sentinel
5/3/2021 27 mins ago

Orlando White Castle opening draws big line of little burger fans (https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/orlando-white-castle-opening-draws-big-line-of-little-burger-fans/ar-BB1gjbxX)

White Castle. Years ago I went with my cousin to White Castle for an eating contest.
I lost. I think I ate 23 of them. Today just thinking about White Castle makes me nauseous.

BumpaOompa
05-04-2021, 08:10 AM
Gross! Like eating cardboard. I’ll take a Butterburger or Five Guys over WC any day!

Chi-Town
05-04-2021, 08:49 AM
The villages, has sucked up a lot of land that might have gone to normal families with children. There are a lot less working age able-bodied people in the general area. It's very simple would you want to drive 30 or 45 minutes to go to a job or do you want to work in the general vicinity of your job. The villages has done a very big disservice but not planning to have enough regular homes for non over 55 s. So you don't get enough people in the trades that live right here and you don't get teenagers that want to work in fast food places because there aren't that many. You guys wanted to live in an island and you got exactly what you wanted don't complain

30 -45 minute commute is hardly a barrier to go to a job. That would be an easy drive in many parts. If one uses close to home as a job qualifier then many opportunities are lost.

Tmarkwald
05-04-2021, 09:26 AM

You know Culver's is right across the street from the High School? Plenty of teenagers

liz
05-04-2021, 02:11 PM
Was in Indianapolis last month - made three trips to White Castle - but can't imagine driving to Orlando for a fix.

Pinball wizard
05-04-2021, 03:47 PM
road trip!!!

dewilson58
05-04-2021, 03:50 PM
Gross! Like eating cardboard. I’ll take a Butterburger or Five Guys over WC any day!

:bigbow:

stan the man
05-04-2021, 04:49 PM
:bigbow:

I am just the opposite.. Thank You

Chi-Town
05-04-2021, 10:52 PM
White Castle workers earn $13.00 per hour and $14.00 after 90 days. That may be the future to keep positions filled.

DeanFL
05-05-2021, 09:11 AM
Yikes! 100 years.... From Orlando radio/news site>>>

GALLERY: Country’s largest White Castle officially opens in Orlando – WDBO (https://www.wdbo.com/news/local/countrys-largest-white-castle-officially-opens-orlando/K7F7S3IVIRFOFFMNO5HXKWSZ7M/)

Taltarzac725
05-05-2021, 09:29 AM
I liked the movies about White Castle but never developed a taste for these when I lived in the Midwest.

Also I do not like onions that much. Are The Onions In White Castle Burgers Really Cabbage Pieces Soaked in Onion Juice? | culinarylore.com (https://culinarylore.com/food-myths:are-the-onions-in-white-castle-burgers-cabbage/)

justjim
05-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Federal minimum wage $7.25 hr. Florida minimum wage currently $8.65. In November 2020, Florida voters approved Amendment 2 increasing the minimum wage to $10.00 hr in September 2021. The minimum wage increases 1.00 per year until 2026 when it will be $15.00 hr. In Florida. Tipped employees currently receive $5.63 hr. plus tips. Under Amendment 2 the wage increases each year until 2026 when it is $11.98 hr. plus tips. In addition, a bill in the Florida legislature has been proposed to reduce the Florida minimum wage for those under 21 years of age. The growth of The Villages has practically exhausted the available labor pool for not only minimum wage jobs but also many professional and skilled labor jobs too. This is a problem that will not go away in the foreseeable future. This is the reality... I don’t see a White Castle for The Villages in the near future but will have to see this Orlando White Castle for myself in the near future.

Nucky
05-05-2021, 10:49 AM
We had some Imported for us yesterday. Even though we had to reheat those babies they were exactly like the ones from up there. You only have to pay for the burger once but you get to have it twice.

I love 'em but they don't love me like when I was a youngin.