PDA

View Full Version : Comcast forced arbitration opt out MUST do it now

blueash
05-09-2021, 02:23 PM
I received an email notice of a change in my Xfinity agreement. The new agreement has the usual language about Comcast gets what it wants, but the new clause is a forced arbitration section. Comcast, to its credit, provides an opt out but you must do so within 30 days or you cannot.

To opt out go to

www.xfinity.com/ARBITRATIONOPTOUT (https://www.xfinity.com/ARBITRATIONOPTOUT)

and fill in the form. You will need to enter your account number.

Joe V.
05-09-2021, 02:47 PM
I received an email notice of a change in my Xfinity agreement. The new agreement has the usual language about Comcast gets what it wants, but the new clause is a forced arbitration section. Comcast, to its credit, provides an opt out but you must do so within 30 days or you cannot.

To opt out go to

www.xfinity.com/ARBITRATIONOPTOUT (https://www.xfinity.com/ARBITRATIONOPTOUT)

and fill in the form. You will need to enter your account number.

Why would I want to opt out or not?

retiredguy123
05-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Apparently, if you don't opt out, you can still sue Xfinity in small claims court. So, I think this provision will mostly affect class action lawsuits against Xfinity. I don't like class action lawsuits, so I won't be opting out. The only money at risk with an Xfinity contract is the early termination fee and the cost for a month of service. That is well within the limits of a small claims court case.

Mortal1
05-09-2021, 06:18 PM
*yawn* you can always opt out of two out of three offers(cable tv, phone, computer)without penalty. And if your contract is up you can opt out of it all.

Sabella
05-18-2021, 05:01 AM
*yawn* you can always opt out of two out of three offers(cable tv, phone, computer)without penalty. And if your contract is up you can opt out of it all.

Contract not up. Could you please explain what you mean. I can cancel phone and cable tv, but keep internet and not pay penalties?

retiredguy123
05-18-2021, 07:21 AM
Contract not up. Could you please explain what you mean. I can cancel phone and cable tv, but keep internet and not pay penalties?
Yes, as long as you keep one of the services, you will not be charged the penalty.