PDA

View Full Version : Are there any singles groups just for women?

Jody Fisher
10-09-2010, 05:29 AM
I moved here at the end of Aug. & I thank God every day for leading me to this wonderful place. I'm divorced & not interested in another relationship, and would love to meet other single women who would be interested in golfing, going out to lunch or dinner, movies, etc. I don't mind doing these things alone, but sometimes it's nice to have company. The friends I do have here in TV are all married. I live in Buttonwood, & I'd love to know if there is a singles group just for women. Thanks!

mfp509
10-09-2010, 07:36 AM
I recommend the Single Sports Social Women's Club - don't let "sports" throw you. We do everything - movies, day trips, dinners out once a month, fundraisers etc. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of the month at Canal Street rec center. This month however it may be at Seabreeze. PM me for more info if you want. Everyone is friendly and you'll meet many other women. I think our membership is about 160. There are small groups that do things together like kayaking and golf etc. One member used to have game night at her house once a month and you'd bring a board game to play with others. There is really a lot to pick and choose from.

Jody Fisher
12-15-2010, 07:01 AM
I recommend the Single Sports Social Women's Club - don't let "sports" throw you. We do everything - movies, day trips, dinners out once a month, fundraisers etc. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of the month at Canal Street rec center. This month however it may be at Seabreeze. PM me for more info if you want. Everyone is friendly and you'll meet many other women. I think our membership is about 160. There are small groups that do things together like kayaking and golf etc. One member used to have game night at her house once a month and you'd bring a board game to play with others. There is really a lot to pick and choose from.
I've been busy since I first posted this question, but after the first of the year I'm most definitely interested in going to a meeting of this group. Can anyone tell me when & where the January meeting will be? Thanks!

mfp509
12-15-2010, 07:45 AM
We will be meeting on January 19 at 7 PM at Canal Street rec center. Dues are $5.00 for the year. Our meetings are the 3rd Wednesday of the month.

ConeyIsBabe
12-15-2010, 07:36 PM
We will be meeting on January 19 at 7 PM at Canal Street rec center. Dues are $5.00 for the year. Our meetings are the 3rd Wednesday of the month.

I'd love to join this group when I'm there :wave: What Village is the Canal Street Rec Center located near ? I do have a TV map but it's hard to find specific locations on it :p ~ THANKS for the information.

DickY
12-15-2010, 10:23 PM
The rec center is close to Virginia Trace, Sable Chase, Largo, Bonita, and easily accessible from Duval and Hemmingway.

chuckinca
12-15-2010, 11:28 PM
See map:

http://www.districtgov.org/departments/Recreation/images/RecMap.pdf

South of 466 - Look to the left of Mallory Hill CC.

Chuck

ConeyIsBabe
12-16-2010, 11:33 AM
THANKS Dick & Chuck ~:coolsmiley: