PDA

View Full Version : Speedylink

mokey
10-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Has anyone tried the Speedylink device shown on the advertisers to get more speed for Club Car? I wonder if you already run 19.6 mph if it gives you a few more mph. They show a demo on youtube if you click on the advertisers link.:shrug:

ajbrown
10-13-2010, 02:24 PM
No expert, never seen this device up close, but here is my opinion.

This is a device made for Club carts that do not have the speed code set to 4 (max on club car). Club car has 4 speed codes in the controller that can be set by a CC dealer. A cart with speed code set at 3 will go about 14 MPH ( speed codes 1 and 2 are slower). A cart with speed code set to 4 will almost go 20 (I think 19.7 MPH).

Looking at the device, my guess is this device works by lieing to the controller's speed sensor.

In the demo video, he first goes without the device on a cart that can go 14 MPH. He puts pedal to metal and the controller starts giving the motor volts. The controller senses the motor speed and when it reaches 14 MPH it stops giving more volts.

The second part of his demo with the device in line, he does the same test. He puts foot to the floor, controller giving motor enough volts to go 14, but this device tells controller we only going 8, so controller gives more juice, I suspect up to the full 48, but I have never had a volt meter on one.

This device has no way to increase the speed of a club car with speed code 4 (already goes 20). The device cannot invent voltage. Just under 20 is as fast as that stock motor and controller can go with 48 volts.

If your cart is set to go 14 or less, I would call a couple of CC dealers first to see how to get it set to speed code 4. Should cost $100 - $150, but that price is a rumor.

PS. If you have one that goes slow, needs batteries and you wish to get rid of, let me know. I will be there soon and looking for a fun project.

mokey
10-13-2010, 05:59 PM
AJ, I agree with your assesment. I do need batteries and thinking of fun projects also. Maybe a PlumQuick mtr. Since the battery box is made like it is I don't want to get into moving the computer and building a frame for batteries for 6x8s. The Prescedent is a little harder to work with.

bassman
10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
I have a 48 Volt Plum Quick motor I may sale, if you want any info on it E-Mail me at bassman20071943@yahoo.com. I currently have another Plum Quick in my cart and am very happy with it.