PDA

View Full Version : Tierra del Sol

dmk101
10-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Played this morning at Tierra and were continually harassed about our "slow pace of play" on the back nine. We finished in four hours. How is that slow? Oh, yes, the men behind us did not want to wait so they harassed the female foresome because, of course, we had to be the ones who were slowing things up! No desire to play there anytime soon! Greens were like concrete.

graciegirl
10-17-2010, 01:59 PM
:welcome:Welcome to TOTV. Have you lived in The Villages long? I see this is your first post.

MrMark
10-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Played this morning at Tierra and were continually harassed about our "slow pace of play" on the back nine. We finished in four hours. How is that slow? Oh, yes, the men behind us did not want to wait so they harassed the female foresome because, of course, we had to be the ones who were slowing things up! No desire to play there anytime soon! Greens were like concrete.

Harassed by whom? How did they harass you? Did they yell at you? Talk to you politely? Hit into you? Were there mitigating circumstances, ie.,did you finish the Front Nine in 1 1/2 Hours? Foursomes are not normally harassed simply because the are Female.

The Gunny
10-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Thank you, We have been here for two years. Just starteed to post on the TOTV.

The Gunny
10-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Some men have this thing about women golfers. Its been my experience that the women play just as fast , if not faster then men. They need to put some water on teh greens.

kaydee
10-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Were you harrassed by the ambassador or the group behind you? Normally the ambassador, if he's doing his job, would remind or maybe I should say request the pace to pick up if a group is playing slow. If I were being harrassed by a group behind me and I well knew we were playing on schedule then my complaint would be given to the ambassador that he tell that group to back off. I agree Gunny...most women do play right along. If I am having an unusual poooor day on the course and I'm aware that I am holding somebody up then I will have that group behind me play thru providing there is room ahead of me for them to go thru.

Pturner
10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi The Gunny (formerly dmk101, right?),

:welcome: to TOTV!

I'm sorry to hear that the greens at Tierra are in bad shape. It's one of my favorite courses. I hope they are working to fix them.

As for the four men behind you... they might be beyond fixin'.