PDA

View Full Version : Handicap

duffysmom
10-18-2010, 06:12 PM
We have a guest coming who has a handicap and would like to golf. What will he need to have a handicap status on the golf course. Thanks

zcaveman
10-18-2010, 07:40 PM
I do not think a guest can get this done. This is a feature for residents that golf year round.

The procedure is to get a form from the starter shack and have them and a doctor fill it out with the disability and take it to the Golf office to get a handicap card issued.

I might be wrong but without the pass, no disabled flag (or whatever you call it).

Pturner
10-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Hi Duffysmom,

He won't actually need his handicap to play on a course here. However, he can (and should) post his scores in TV to his handicap. Each nine-hole course at the Championship clubs has it's own slope and rating listed on the scorecard. He will need this information to post his score to the handicap system. I usually post mine online.

Hope this helps.

Pturner
10-18-2010, 07:51 PM
OMG, I just read Z's response and realized that I probably was thinking about the wrong kind of handicap.

Sorry.

Indy-Guy
10-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Perhaps you are talking about a needing a handicap sticker for your golf cart for a round of golf. If so when you report to the starter shack you ask for a handicap sticker and the starter will give you one for the cart. This will allow you to pull up to within about 30 feet from the green and on the Championship courses you can drive past the return to cartpath markers which are around 50 yards out from the green.

All you have to do is ask if you are getting one for a guest. It is different for a resident I think a resident needs proof of handicap for a perment handicap pass.

spk7951
10-19-2010, 08:41 AM
We have a guest coming who has a handicap and would like to golf. What will he need to have a handicap status on the golf course. Thanks

Here is a quote from the following link that might help you. Might be best to contact the Golf Administration Office for additional help.

"While we won’t deny this accommodation to anyone who requests it on the day of play, due to their disability, as a convenience to the golfer, we offer an advanced procedure allowing the golfer to avoid the necessity of requesting this each time they play."

http://www.golfthevillages.com/golf-in-the-villages/accommodations.asp

duffysmom
10-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear in asking my question. I was talking about getting a handicap sticker for the cart. Thank you all for the information. We feel confident that he can play comfortably with the handicap sticker.