PDA

View Full Version : How To Control Golf Cart Speed

K9-Lovers
10-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Lately there's been a lot of talk about speeding golf carts, people getting costly tickets, accidents, etc. When we recently purchased our golf cart, there was no way to tell how fast we were going. On TOTV we found recommendations for a man who lives in The Villages who could install a speedometer on our golf cart -- the same kind used on some bicycles. He calibrates the speedometer to your exact wheel size so it is absolutely accurate. He came well recommended, so we called him.

While he was doing the work for us, he explained that he pretty much does this for other people as a hobby. He got started by installing one on his own cart, then his friends wanted it done, then neighbors, and so on.

He installed our speedometer and we love it. Not only can you tell how fast you are going but it also has other features and it lights up for night time use.

So, if you are worried about getting a ticket, give him a call. His name is Bob Sain and his phone is 352-399-5115. His email is bsain@thevillages.net

And, he's a really nice guy, too!

Minnesotalyn
10-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Someone mentioned when we were last in the Villages, and we were using the cart that went with our rental house, if we wanted to see how fast we were actually going or how fast the cart would go, to bring our GPS with when we drove around. It went faster then the speed limit.:crap2:

beartrack
10-20-2010, 04:15 PM
K9lovers,

Great post, Bob Sain did my speedometer also, he does a great job. I have been trying to get our posters to contact him for months. Thanks to Bob, when I see cops with radar guns pointed at me, I wave and guess what? They wave back. Only in The Villages. Thanks Bob

bigalibaba
10-21-2010, 05:32 AM
Best way to control golf car speed is to put a sensible driver behind the steering wheel! It's not how fast the cart goes, but rather how fast the cart is driven.

Riverview
10-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the info on Bob. I lost his card and I have been trying to find him since 2008. I can now have him install a speedometer with light on our cart.

gary42651
10-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Just had Bob over on Friday, he did a great job, and I checked it with my GPS and its right on.