PDA

View Full Version : What % Own a Dog?

A-2-56
01-09-2022, 06:30 AM
Friends and I are always impressed with all of the dog walkers, dogs in the parks and dogs riding in carts.
I love dogs but I cannot go through losing another one.

Has there ever been a poll or survey of what percentage of Villager’s homes have a canine?
Feline?
Either?

Just curious.

John-US
01-09-2022, 06:54 AM
I'd guess 99%

Two Bills
01-09-2022, 07:19 AM
I honestly believe dogs outnumber people, and that there are more strollers here than at a half a dozen busy day care centers!

dewilson58
01-09-2022, 07:53 AM
I'd guess 99%

I'd guess, less than 50%.

On our little street............both sides, 19 houses, one dog.

Djean1981
01-09-2022, 07:55 AM
On our street, I'm aware of 3 houses with dogs.

dewilson58
01-09-2022, 07:58 AM
On our street, I'm aware of 3 houses with dogs.

To give the OP an idea of percentage............guess on # of houses??? :icon_wink:

Dotneko
01-09-2022, 08:21 AM
Yuck. No dogs for us. I dislike them and sure would not walk around picking up crap in a baggie.
I dog in our cul de sac of 5 houses. And 1 parrot.

billethkid
01-09-2022, 08:55 AM
I agree with 50% or less.

billethkid
01-09-2022, 08:55 AM
Yuck. No dogs for us. I dislike them and sure would not walk around picking up crap in a baggie.

Less messy than kid's diapers.

Mortal1
01-09-2022, 09:12 AM
Less messy than kid's diapers.

elephant...about as likely as a baby in this community.

billethkid
01-09-2022, 09:25 AM
elephant...about as likely as a baby in this community.

reference for baby diapers was intended to compare to past experience......not instead of dog(s)

twopjt
01-09-2022, 09:46 AM
26% of our loop of 50 homes have a dog. One home has 2 dogs. About 18% of our non dog owning homes provide treats for their canine neighbors out on a walk.

EdFNJ
01-09-2022, 10:44 AM
1 dog in 18 homes on our part of the street that I am aware of. I look at dogs like grandchildren. Wonderful to hug (or pet as the case might be) for a short while but then I can give them back to their mother (or owner) until next time. We "babysat" in our home for the 1 dog on the block for 2 days a couple months ago because their owner had a family emergency but that was enough "dog" for us for another couple years. Cute to pet and nice to wave goodbye a few minutes later. :D

DAVES
01-09-2022, 10:57 AM

A parrot? I am aware, or have been aware of two people with parrots. Both could swear.
Both thought crap on the news. One was bilingual.

B-flat
01-09-2022, 11:22 AM
On our street with 10 houses 2 homes have dogs.

fdpaq0580
01-09-2022, 11:47 AM

Borrow the parrot or buy your own. Put him/her on the porch and teach it to say "keep your blanking dog off my lawn!!!" every time someone with a dog goes by. 😄😄😄

CFrance
01-09-2022, 12:06 PM
There are 75 homes in our neighborhood, and 12 dogs. Two homes have two dogs each. Out of the 12, three are only here a couple weeks per year.

Bjeanj
01-09-2022, 01:57 PM
I can only speak to my street, not my neighborhood (kudos to CFrance).

We have 14 homes on our street, and two dogs. Two people in one home died and their family took in the dog, so she’s gone. Two other homes had a dog, but the dogs died, and I don’t think they’ll get another one. We have a dog who is closing in on 12 years old, and we don’t plan on getting another one after she dies. That may change, but I’m like OP; not sure I can go through living longer than my dog.

Djean1981
01-09-2022, 03:59 PM
3 out of 25.

JMintzer
01-09-2022, 04:46 PM
Hmmm... A smaller percentage than most thought...

Yet they garner so much hatred... Go figure...

Topspinmo
01-09-2022, 04:50 PM

And why do we care?

vintageogauge
01-09-2022, 05:30 PM
Friends and I are always impressed with all of the dog walkers, dogs in the parks and dogs riding in carts.

Has there ever been a poll or survey of what percentage of Villages homes have a canine?
Feline?
Either?

Just curious.

Although our street is small, every home but one has either a dog or a cat.

Dotneko
01-09-2022, 06:46 PM
And why do we care?

Who cares if you care? Last I knew, I was allowed to post what I pleased. Just like you.

triflex
01-09-2022, 08:04 PM
The sight of a parrot always makes me want fried chicken.

B-flat
01-09-2022, 08:20 PM
I can only speak to my street, not my neighborhood (kudos to CFrance).
We have a dog who is closing in on 12 years old, and we don’t plan on getting another one after she dies. That may change, but I’m like OP; not sure I can go through living longer than my dog.

We have a 9 year old dog, if she hits 15 like our other Bichon that would put my wife and I at 76 years old. Another dog? Not a good idea because then the dog becomes an orphan once we both die.

kcrazorbackfan
01-10-2022, 06:26 AM

And if the truth be known, they probably really don’t like you either.

GOLFER54
01-10-2022, 06:54 AM
I do not know the percentages, but I love my dog. When one retires the attention given, the friendship, the fun and the love returned by a dog is irreplaceable.

me4vt
01-10-2022, 06:59 AM
You must be a very hateful unhappy human🧐 I’ll take a dog friendship over human friendship any day😉 I could come up with thousands of reasons why but I don’t need to write them down!

me4vt
01-10-2022, 07:00 AM
Amen

Bellavita
01-10-2022, 07:01 AM
If a dog brings you joy get another saying goodbye hurts but you can find another loving companion perhaps give a dog a new life out of a shelter. Pets are like people we do not replace someone we love but we can love another. By not doing so you deny yourself joy and love. Rescue a dog and in a minute you will wonder…who rescued who❤️😎

Has there ever been a poll or survey of what percentage of Villages homes have a canine?
Feline?
Either?

Just curious.

mkjelenbaas
01-10-2022, 07:24 AM

Has there ever been a poll or survey of what percentage of Villager’s homes have a canine?
Feline?
Either?

Just curious.
No survey.

ThirdOfFive
01-10-2022, 07:24 AM
Chacun à son goût.

We're cat people presently. Have a gorgeous female, "Kitty". who was a rescue job from at St. Paul shelter about eight years ago and is an absolute joy to be around. Plus cats are easier to care for (we can leave Kitty for a couple of days with extra food and water and find her no worse for wear when we come home). Doing that with Rover invites disaster. We had a dog once that we left overnight and came home to find out that it had eaten the stereo.

Don't get me wrong. Dogs are great. Not called Man's best friend for no reason, and the dogs we had when I was a younger buck were great companions and helpers. But to me a dog is a big panting, slobbering pal that shares your lunch with you, lays on your feet at the end of a long day to warm them up, chases birds and rabbits, bites the occasional porcupine and rolls in dung when it thinks you're not looking. Our dogs would have died of embarrassment had we dolled them up, forced them to wear sweaters, booties or bows and wheeled them around in carriages.

kathymar528
01-10-2022, 07:27 AM
On our street, 14%. Fourteen homes, 2 dogs.

billlaur
01-10-2022, 07:32 AM
my street 13 houses 15 dogs

me4vt
01-10-2022, 07:33 AM
Never Trust someone that doesn’t like dogs🧐 I’ll take a dog friendship over human friendship any day😉 I could come up with thousands of reasons why but I don’t need to write them down!

me4vt
01-10-2022, 07:34 AM
Amen

We have a 9 year old dog, if she hits 15 like our other Bichon that would put my wife and I at 76 years old. Another dog? Not a good idea because then the dog becomes an orphan once we both die.

me4vt
01-10-2022, 07:38 AM
Yes🥰

If a dog brings you joy get another saying goodbye hurts but you can find another loving companion perhaps give a dog a new life out of a shelter. Pets are like people we do not replace someone we love but we can love another. By not doing so you deny yourself joy and love. Rescue a dog and in a minute you will wonder…who rescued who❤️😎

A-2-56
01-10-2022, 07:42 AM
On our street, 14%. Fourteen homes, 2 dogs.

Your sounds like the typical neighborhood from those that responded.
Now, to confess a little. I have always been kind of a dog whisperer. Most all of the dogs that I have partnered with were sort of rescued.
I came back from the service with a puppy, troops fed the mother and father drugs.
I had two Aussies at the same time, they never had a leash and did not need one.
We found a puppy in a ditch one time and could not give him away, he was ours, we rescued one from a puppy mill. We got one at the humane society another from a neighs litter when he adopted a stray pregnant damn. The there was Buster, our last, two years gone and I still tear up from my buddy leaving. He had only one redeeming quality, he was a nice dog. He did not do tricks, he bothered nothing, he had worry fur that was not good to pet, one ear up, one down, runt of the litter and he may wander to one house either side of us but he always used the sidewalk, ndd we ver tge yard. He was just nice and such a spectacular friend. I am crying again, and thanks for your help.

chenault55
01-10-2022, 07:44 AM

Feline?
Either?

Just curious.
I am so sorry for your loss😢
It is so painful to lose your dog it is soul crushing and I always swear I’m not going to get another one but then I stop and think of how painful it is for a shelter dog being locked in a cage and afraid so I summon the courage to get another one and the pain I feel from the loss melts into a love for my new friend. I hope someday you will be ready for that next love.

meridian5850
01-10-2022, 07:54 AM
If a dog brings you joy get another saying goodbye hurts but you can find another loving companion perhaps give a dog a new life out of a shelter. Pets are like people we do not replace someone we love but we can love another. By not doing so you deny yourself joy and love. Rescue a dog and in a minute you will wonder…who rescued who❤️������

I'm a dog volunteer at Your Humane Society/SPCA near Lake Panasoffkee and of the 16 dogs we have right now, 7 have been waiting between 325 and1050 days for someone to come in and give them a forever home. One is a 9-year old senior who has been at the shelter for approx. 750 days.

meridian5850
01-10-2022, 08:02 AM
I am so sorry for your loss😢
It is so painful to lose your dog it is soul crushing and I always swear I’m not going to get another one but then I stop and think of how painful it is for a shelter dog being locked in a cage and afraid so I summon the courage to get another one and the pain I feel from the loss melts into a love for my new friend. I hope someday you will be ready for that next love.

See post #40

OhioBuckeye
01-10-2022, 08:04 AM

I agree with you dewilson58!

jimkerr
01-10-2022, 08:15 AM
I guess it’s about 10%

coconutmama
01-10-2022, 08:25 AM

Feline?
Either?

Just curious.

25 houses - 8 dogs, zero cats. All loved.

Proveone
01-10-2022, 08:35 AM

Feline?
Either?

Just curious.
I'm a dog lover but when I first came here at the age of 56, I couldn't understand why so many people had dogs. I am 75 now, and four years ago I adopted a rescue dog and six months later another. I now know why so many people have dogs. Best decision I have made in years!

Orvil
01-10-2022, 08:43 AM
The numbers are probably higher in the CYV areas where there are physical fences.

Larchap49
01-10-2022, 08:57 AM

Feline?
Either?

Just curious.

Far too many. I love dogs but at this age I value the ability to drop everything and go and not have to return until I want to, far too much to be tied down to a dog. The mandatory walks three times a day, the hair, the vet bills and office visits, the dirty looks when they go on someone else's lawn (even when picked up) and far too many don't when walking under cover of darkness. I don't buy the companionship thing join a club, make a friend, plenty to do here and not having a pet to be responsible for makes it a lot easier to do. My opinion, to each his own,

Two Bills
01-10-2022, 09:00 AM
Hmmm... A smaller percentage than most thought...

Yet they garner so much hatred... Go figure...

I don't think it is the dogs that engender the animosity, more the small % of ignorant or entitled owners.

raney3099
01-10-2022, 09:11 AM
Never trust anyone who would say yuk to a dog. It’s ok not to be a fan of having pets, but that’s harsh. Sound like horrible people🤷*♀️

Bay Kid
01-10-2022, 09:50 AM
I love other people's dogs, but I really love my concrete dog. He is going on 30 years old and perfect in every way!

davem4616
01-10-2022, 10:32 AM
there seems like a lot, because they're visible...but the % is below 50

only two out of fifteen on our street have pooches....one of the two have 3

fdpaq0580
01-10-2022, 10:42 AM
Never trust anyone who would say yuk to a dog. It’s ok not to be a fan of having pets, but that’s harsh. Sound like horrible people🤷*♀️

As a former dog owner, I loved my dogs. But I get it. Dogs, like people, have lots of good and bad personalities and habits, many of which are really gross. For example, how about the last time sweet fluffy was cleaning their genitals then decided to lavish your face and mouth with kisses. "YUK" is , imho, a most appropriate response.
I could mention hundred of other situations, but I'm sure you catch my drift.
As for saying someone is a horrible person because they said "YUK" , well, that's harsh.

Veiragirl
01-10-2022, 10:50 AM

You don't know what you are missing. I don't trust or like anyone who doesnt like dogs. They are loyal, loving and protective. It appears you are not familiar with those qualities

fdpaq0580
01-10-2022, 10:52 AM
I don't think it is the dogs that engender the animosity, more the small % of ignorant or entitled owners.

I agree. My disagreement is that I believe the percentage of ignorant, self entitled and (wilfully) oblivious owners is not as small a percentage as one might think.

DonnaNi4os
01-10-2022, 11:13 AM

Feline?
Either?

Just curious.

When I chose my home, my realtor told me the best way to make friends was to get a dog and walk her around the neighborhood. I had a little dog who was quite old and died a few months after I moved here. My heart was broken again. And as I have said many times before, I swore this was the last time I was going to go through the hurt. Two months later I got the 13th dog of my life. If you are a dog person you understand, if you’re not, you think I’m crazy. I don’t know how I would have gotten through this pandemic without her and the unconditional love is something I cherish…and unlike kids they don’t talk back!

As for percentages I cannot give you an accurate number but i can tell you that the majority villas have at least one dog. So if you don’t like dogs, don’t buy a villa.

Dotneko
01-10-2022, 11:37 AM
You don't know what you are missing. I don't trust or like anyone who doesnt like dogs. They are loyal, loving and protective. It appears you are not familiar with those qualities

They're gross, disgusting things. They smell - you may not smell them, but they do. Wet ones are vomit inducing. They drool and their spit and hair are all over. I dont care if you trust me or not lol. Oh, BTW, take your bags full of c**p and bring them home - dont throw them away at the postal station so they can bake in the sun for the rest of us to enjoy while at the pool.

JMintzer
01-10-2022, 11:46 AM
They're gross, disgusting things. They smell - you may not smell them, but they do. Wet ones are vomit inducing. They drool and their spit and hair are all over. I dont care if you trust me or not lol. Oh, BTW, take your bags full of c**p and bring them home - dont throw them away at the postal station so they can bake in the sun for the rest of us to enjoy while at the pool.

You seem like such a lovely person!

Dotneko
01-10-2022, 11:52 AM
You seem like such a lovely person!

Sorry I dont measure up. I wont lose sleep.

JMintzer
01-10-2022, 01:04 PM
Sorry I dont measure up. I wont lose sleep.

I only measure others by height...

Caddyshack _ How Do You Measure Yourself Against Other Golfers - YouTube (https://youtu.be/g2FGRVRzXZM)

Boston1945
01-10-2022, 01:34 PM
A DOG is the only RELATIVE you get to CHOOSE.

billethkid
01-10-2022, 06:08 PM

The minority report and the few others above are duly noted.

B-flat
01-10-2022, 06:36 PM

My wife and I enjoy our dog(s). I was against getting a dog my wife insisted. I reluctantly agreed, that was about 20 years ago. They give unconditional love we’ve had to put 2 to sleep and it hurt more than when close family passed away.

My wife and I joke we like dogs better than people. You’re a good example why we say that, sometimes it’s really true! :)

DaleDivine
01-10-2022, 10:03 PM
And if the truth be known, they probably really don’t like you either.

We have a little plaque that says "If our dog doesn't like you, we probably won't either"...

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

DaleDivine
01-10-2022, 10:13 PM
When I chose my home, my realtor told me the best way to make friends was to get a dog and walk her around the neighborhood. I had a little dog who was quite old and died a few months after I moved here. My heart was broken again. And as I have said many times before, I swore this was the last time I was going to go through the hurt. Two months later I got the 13th dog of my life. If you are a dog person you understand, if you’re not, you think I’m crazy. I don’t know how I would have gotten through this pandemic without her and the unconditional love is something I cherish…and unlike kids they don’t talk back!

As for percentages I cannot give you an accurate number but i can tell you that the majority villas have at least one dog. So if you don’t like dogs, don’t buy a villa.

My wife is legally blind with Macular Degeneration. We have a little Jack Russell terrier and she is the light of my wife's life.
Oh yeah and we live in a CYV...

:doggie::icon_wink::icon_wink:

nick demis
01-11-2022, 06:12 AM

On our street, 75% of the houses have dogs. At least 1/2 of them have 2 dogs and several have more than 2.

fdpaq0580
01-11-2022, 12:56 PM
A DOG is the only RELATIVE you get to CHOOSE.

Any owners of other animals care to share??

While I understand the sentiment, I would like to believe you don't actually mean you share blood lines or wedding vows with "fluffy".

JMintzer
01-11-2022, 01:54 PM
Any owners of other animals care to share??

While I understand the sentiment, I would like to believe you don't actually mean you share blood lines or wedding vows with "fluffy".

https://c.tenor.com/YsX9n2d-tlsAAAAM/thanks-obvious.gif

triflex
01-11-2022, 02:21 PM
I've eaten dog a couple of times overseas in Asia. Something about the circle of life puts the natural world into perspective.

I would say be wary of people who put dogs or any animal on a higher level than another human.

People in the Villages should not have to run a gauntlet of trust with everyone's dog every time they step outside. You have to pay attention to every dog that passes by or you just never know when the dog will perceive someone as a territorial threat and lunge at them.

There are "800,000 dog bites each year that require medical attention. Even more amazing is the fact that 334,000 are severe enough to warrant treatment in a hospital." This means a LOT of people simply have bad experiences with dogs and their sometimes nut-job owners. Older people cannot simply outmaneuver your dog.

Dog Attack Facts & Figures | Children's Hospital Pittsburgh (https://www.chp.edu/injury-prevention/safety/home-and-yard/dog-bites/facts-and-figures)

Never Trust someone that doesn’t like dogs I’ll take a dog friendship over human friendship any day I could come up with thousands of reasons why but I don’t need to write them down!

eremite06
01-11-2022, 05:31 PM

Yeah, I like your pooch. I've had dogs, ducks, chicks, fish and kids. Don't want any more. Love my Roomba, though.

triflex
01-11-2022, 06:13 PM
We looked at a condo in downtown Orlando before moving here. I noticed the smell of urine, etc just outside the entryway. After a while I asked my wife to watch a guy walk out with his dog and watched the dog take a slam very close to the entry. Then turn around and head back inside.

I looked at my wife and said there is the problem. I think there were 300 units in the building I figured if 20% have a dog then you are looking at least twice a day those dogs are doing their thing right there dozens of times a day.

Imagine if everyone had a cat !!!! 300 cats pooping & peeing in a box.

Meanwhile if you or I pooped outside the front door we'd be on the news that evening. Not fair.

Yeah, I like your pooch. I've had dogs, ducks, chicks, fish and kids. Don't want any more. Love my Roomba, though.

CFrance
01-11-2022, 06:21 PM
Ha ha, my biggest mistake was training the second Golden not to be afraid of the vacuum. When the Roomba came along, he wouldn't move. It keeps sucking up his tail.

Bjeanj
01-11-2022, 07:00 PM
Ha ha, my biggest mistake was training the second Golden not to be afraid of the vacuum. When the Roomba came along, he wouldn't move. It keeps sucking up his tail.

:bowdown::bowdown:

PugMom
01-11-2022, 10:13 PM
OP, some people love animals too much to be without them. The hurt is real & always there, but the empty home, & quiet loneliness is far worse, imo. The day will come when God will bring a pet who truly needs YOU into your life. You'll know it when it happens. :pray:

ThirdOfFive
01-12-2022, 08:28 AM
I've eaten dog a couple of times overseas in Asia. Something about the circle of life puts the natural world into perspective.

I would say be wary of people who put dogs or any animal on a higher level than another human.

People in the Villages should not have to run a gauntlet of trust with everyone's dog every time they step outside. You have to pay attention to every dog that passes by or you just never know when the dog will perceive someone as a territorial threat and lunge at them.

There are "800,000 dog bites each year that require medical attention. Even more amazing is the fact that 334,000 are severe enough to warrant treatment in a hospital." This means a LOT of people simply have bad experiences with dogs and their sometimes nut-job owners. Older people cannot simply outmaneuver your dog.

Dog Attack Facts & Figures | Children's Hospital Pittsburgh (https://www.chp.edu/injury-prevention/safety/home-and-yard/dog-bites/facts-and-figures)
Did you get the urge to chase cars? For me it was fire hydrants, but...well...

Funny how different cultures see their critters. Cattle live the life of Riley in India while over here, just about every time I see one, I'm thinking "ribeye". On the other hand we people-ize our pooches to the extent that critter funeral homes and crematories are doing a pretty good business and we'll spend thousands of dollars to keep (say) a 16-year-old dog, one that has already outlived it's life expectancy by probably four years, alive for just a few more months.

Hey. I'm guilty too! Kitty got pretty sick a couple years back and I ponied up about $1500 or so for the fix. Back in the day, we just shot the sick animals.

Two Bills
01-12-2022, 08:37 AM
Wow!
Saw a stroller yesterday with a child in it.
Whatever next!:faint:

Davonu
01-12-2022, 08:54 AM
Wow!
Saw a stroller yesterday with a child in it.
Whatever next!:faint:
There’s a limit to what I’ll believe on this forum! :D

Traveling lady
01-12-2022, 07:16 PM
I have a dog, although I vowed I would never have another after the heartbreak of losing my last one. Then …. I was on Pet Matches for Villagers and there was this 7 year old chihuahua whose mother was not able to take care of him …. And I am a dog mom again. One of the pluses of adopting an older dog is that he was fully house trained.

Another option is to foster. They are always looking for temporary homes for fur babies. Good luck.

Feline?
Either?

Just curious.

asianthree
01-13-2022, 08:15 AM
In the past month, death has knocked on the door of the 3, one person residents. All three had pets, one very elderly dog, a 3 year old jack, and a 8 month old mixed puppy.

Families didn’t want, so hope they all found a good Rescue, instead of just dropping off at the pound. We decided that this will our last pet who is 13. Yes much joy everyday, but to expect someone to take over is just too much.

I don’t want my family to have to deal with the gut wrenching problem of trying to find a home. Sometimes it’s not just about you, even if one is alone.

retiredguy123
01-13-2022, 08:20 AM

Feline?
Either?

Just curious.
Zero percent. Dogs are not owned.

RPDaly
01-13-2022, 09:43 AM
We are not exact elderly - yet, but already would never ever consider getting a puppy or a dog with a high certainly of being around 15 years out. Not judging others - but It is just not fair to the dogs especially if they are also seniors if something happens to us or our housing needs change. Being 75 and choosing a puppy is just not a good combination

Bilyclub
01-13-2022, 10:29 AM
8 houses with only one dog owner with two dogs, but about 20 regular dog walkers using our lawns.

triflex
01-13-2022, 03:50 PM
One of the funniest videos I've seen lately is this guy I watch on YouTube crying over a cremated cat he sent out in the mail. Not sure how well it translates to anyone not familiar with him but my wife and I cried from laughter at his reactions:

Pet Angel CAUGHT, BUSTED for Scamming Me ~ Heartbroken Trust Shatters Reputable Company - YouTube (https://youtu.be/qbPL8Y1BCzc)

Did you get the urge to chase cars? For me it was fire hydrants, but...well...

Funny how different cultures see their critters. Cattle live the life of Riley in India while over here, just about every time I see one, I'm thinking "ribeye". On the other hand we people-ize our pooches to the extent that critter funeral homes and crematories are doing a pretty good business and we'll spend thousands of dollars to keep (say) a 16-year-old dog, one that has already outlived it's life expectancy by probably four years, alive for just a few more months.

Hey. I'm guilty too! Kitty got pretty sick a couple years back and I ponied up about $1500 or so for the fix. Back in the day, we just shot the sick animals.

triflex
01-13-2022, 03:54 PM
Pet Angel CAUGHT, BUSTED for Scamming Me ~ Heartbroken Trust Shatters Reputable Company - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbPL8Y1BCzc)

JMintzer
01-13-2022, 06:05 PM
One of the funniest videos I've seen lately is this guy I watch on YouTube crying over a cremated cat he sent out in the mail. Not sure how well it translates to anyone not familiar with him but my wife and I cried from laughter at his reactions:

Pet Angel CAUGHT, BUSTED for Scamming Me ~ Heartbroken Trust Shatters Reputable Company - YouTube (https://youtu.be/qbPL8Y1BCzc)

Nice you know you think that's funny...

Two Bills
01-14-2022, 10:04 AM
Zero percent. Dogs are not owned.

See how that statement stands up in court, if your dog ripped the neighbor to shreds!

Two Bills
01-14-2022, 10:14 AM
Duplicate.

jbartle1
01-14-2022, 11:39 AM

We had a friend who adored his Labrador, dog died, owner threw it in the garbage truck, unbelievable, but true.

triflex
01-14-2022, 11:06 PM
I'm not sure what you do with a dead animal in The Villages. I certainly would not want it buried in my backyard.

We had a friend who adored his Labrador, dog died, owner threw it in the garbage truck, unbelievable, but true.

JMintzer
01-15-2022, 06:43 AM
I'm not sure what you do with a dead animal in The Villages. I certainly would not want it buried in my backyard.

Most Vets offer cremation services...

fdpaq0580
01-15-2022, 05:06 PM

😆😆😆, sorry. I did not see the you tube video, but I can't help thinking that someone's cat dies, so they have it cremated then box up the ashes and take them to the post office to mail them. Sounds like some nutty Seinfeld episode. Thinking of all the possible scenario's and, it is hilarious, not that a cat died, that is sad, but the rest of it is nutty.
Hahaha. 😂😂😂😂