PDA

View Full Version : golf cart decals

Ohiogirl
10-21-2010, 08:09 AM
ok - we've ordered our second cart - in, of course, Buckeye scarlet and gray. Am assuming I might find a better choice of OSU decals here in Columbus, before we come down in a couple of weeks. Do the kind (static, I think they're called) that stick to the glass work on the body of the cart - or what do I need. Hate to use the old-fashioned bumper sticker type. Sometimes, they fade, etc, and I think are really hard to get off.

What works best? At least without painting it on? The new cart is a Club Car Precedent - brochure just says "molded-in color" so I'm assuming it's fiberglass? The other cart is a reconditioned Club Car DS. Are those also fiberglass bodies?

tpop1
10-21-2010, 10:18 AM
ok - we've ordered our second cart - in, of course, Buckeye scarlet and gray. Am assuming I might find a better choice of OSU decals here in Columbus, before we come down in a couple of weeks. Do the kind (static, I think they're called) that stick to the glass work on the body of the cart - or what do I need. Hate to use the old-fashioned bumper sticker type. Sometimes, they fade, etc, and I think are really hard to get off.

What works best? At least without painting it on? The new cart is a Club Car Precedent - brochure just says "molded-in color" so I'm assuming it's fiberglass? The other cart is a reconditioned Club Car DS. Are those also fiberglass bodies?

I have a similar cart and use the cling type decals - like colorforms (how old am I?)..or maybe "Winky Dink" screens!!!!!!!!!

Ohiogirl
10-21-2010, 10:21 AM
So you're saying the "cling" type decals work on the body of the cart as well as the windshield?

I'm off to Buckeye Corner (one of many places to get Buckeye stuff in the capital of Buckeye Nation) this afternoon. I know they're available online, but I'm one of those touch and feel shoppers most of the time.

ohiogolf
10-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Ohiogirl:

GO BUCKS!!! My cart is full Ohio State. I bought stickers from Buckeye Corner too. Have fun decorating it.

Jim B.
02-20-2011, 05:10 PM
[/B[B]]We are wondering where in The Villages or surrounds can we buy the cling-on decals for our golf car? We would like to have our names put on our car. Do you put them on yourself or do you have to have them put on?
Thanks.:BigApplause:

nkrifats
02-20-2011, 05:45 PM
[/B[B]]We are wondering where in The Villages or surrounds can we buy the cling-on decals for our golf car? We would like to have our names put on our car. Do you put them on yourself or do you have to have them put on?
Names I had put on by Dee of I believe Dee's Graphics

Tom Hannon
02-20-2011, 06:21 PM

If you buy a new cart, your names his and hers will be painted on for free. At least that is what they did for me. But I assume for $9500 I paid for it somewhere.

brostholder
02-21-2011, 06:40 AM

I'll paint it on for free. However, the only colors I have are blue and maize!

HawkeyeBarb
02-21-2011, 06:57 AM
I might have some black and gold paint in the garage that I can donate! :)

Ohiogirl
02-21-2011, 07:50 AM
So sorry, but I have to decline your kind offers for reasons you will all understand.

I have to say that it's a different world down here compared to Columbus, OH where the Buckeyes usually walk on water and all you "other" Big Ten sports fans don't dare to come out of the closet!

I just told Ohioboy yesterday (when he did the OH thing and a quick wave) that having an OSU decorated golf cart is like driving a Corvette and waving to other Corvette drivers - you have to be alert and properly acknowledge your fellow fans when passing on the multi-modal paths!

skyguy79
02-21-2011, 10:23 AM
ok - we've ordered our second cart - in, of course, Buckeye scarlet and gray. Am assuming I might find a better choice of OSU decals here in Columbus, before we come down in a couple of weeks. Ohiogirl, I need to warn you that whenever I see a golfcart with a Buckeye sticker on it, I have an uncontrollable urge to attack it with a water pistol. If you'd like I can get a second squirt gun and fill one with scarlet paint and the other with grey paint if you'd like. :1rotfl:

You do know of course that I'm just kidding. Matter of fact a good friend of ours daughter just gratuated from veternarian school in Columbus last year, and although I'm not from Ohio I do have positive thoughts about OSU because of that. You do know that I was kidding about the squirt guns don't you? Don't you? :throwtomatoes: