PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 - Yankees

2BNTV
10-22-2010, 09:57 AM
My hope is that Phli will be "Hugh"es tonight and the Yankee bats come alive!!!

What are your thoughts on tonights game 6 ?

collie1228
10-22-2010, 10:08 AM
I think if Robbie Cano can give A-Rod, Jeter, Swisher and a few others a hitting lesson, we might have a chance. I expect the Rangers to score 3 or 4 runs tonight, and earlier in the season that was not a big concern. But right now, with most of the Yankees in a funk at the plate, I'm very concerned. If they can win this one, I'm certain they will find a way to beat Cliff Lee in a seventh game. Remember that Lee's overall regular season record was only 12-9. Those aren't Sandy Koufax numbers (even though the press seems to want to make him into the second coming of Sandy), and tells me he can be beaten.

Tom Hannon
10-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Although I was always a big Yankee fan, and Kofax cost me more than a few $$$ during the 1963 World Series, I tip my hat. There will never be another Kofax. The greatest pitcher in my lifetime. Just a shame his arm didn't hold up. Imagine winning 27 games the year he retired. Lee can be beaten. All we need is Andy to raise to the occassion and throw 7 solid innings. Allow Wood and Mo to finish up.

2BNTV
10-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2010
Although I was always a big Yankee fan, and Kofax cost me more than a few $$$ during the 1963 World Series, I tip my hat. There will never be another Kofax. The greatest pitcher in my lifetime. Just a shame his arm didn't hold up. Imagine winning 27 games the year he retired. Lee can be beaten. All we need is Andy to raise to the occassion and throw 7 solid innings. Allow Wood and Mo to finish up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am hoping that Phil will limit the Rangers to 2-3 runs and the Yankee bats awake to score 6 or 7 runs.

I would also like to think that Andy will outduel Lee in game 7 with the great "Rivera" as he is describe by the TBS announcers finishes the game, (gets a save), to add another to the most starts by a pitcher and game saves by the same reliever.

IMO - Mo is the best and most dominate reliever I have ever seen and I remember Ryne Duran, Louie Arroyo and Sparkly Lyle.

I remember Sandy Koufax's curveball that dropped so much that it "looked like it fell off the kitchen table" as one announcer used to say. I would think to myself, How the heck can anyone hit a pitch like that. He was amazing.

Go Yankees!!!

zcaveman
10-22-2010, 11:29 AM
I am hoping that our bats come alive before theirs do. We cannot afford to give them a 3 run lead and they try to play catch up.

This is a big game and we need to take the offensive lead.

2BNTV
10-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Z :agree: :agree:

We need to give some breathing room in case he makes a mistake, (bad location may be a home run).

I am somewhat confident that Phil will throw a good game but I am concerned beause we need to score some runs.

Four and a half hours and counting down.

texasfal
10-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Sorry guys, The Rangers are gonna shut down those darn Yankees!

tpop1
10-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Back in 2007, in his second start in the majors, Phil Hughes took a no-hitter into the seventh inning against Texas, then left the game with a hamstring injury.

Maybe he finish one off tonight against them!!!!!

Go Yanks.

pzjay
10-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Go YANKS! Lucky they're in Texas tonight as ball may have frozen to Phil's hand!
Gotta get to TV!!

collie1228
10-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Colby Lewis, the Ranger's pitcher, is 12-13 in 2010. A truly mediocre pitcher. Now I'm sitting here watching the Yankees being no-hit by this guy through four innings. I just can't believe how ineffective the Yankees are in the post season this year. They just can't "make something happen" with this lineup. We've got a few more innings to go, but I've pretty much lost confidence in my team's ability to come from behind. If we win this one, it's probably going to be a home run that does it - we can't seem to put a rally together. And now Hughes walked a batter for the third time. I'm concerned . . . .

bluedog103
10-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Colby Lewis, the Ranger's pitcher, is 12-13 in 2010. A truly mediocre pitcher. Now I'm sitting here watching the Yankees being no-hit by this guy through four innings. I just can't believe how ineffective the Yankees are in the post season this year. They just can't "make something happen" with this lineup. We've got a few more innings to go, but I've pretty much lost confidence in my team's ability to come from behind. If we win this one, it's probably going to be a home run that does it - we can't seem to put a rally together. And now Hughes walked a batter for the third time. I'm concerned . . . .
Bottom of the 7th and the Yankees continue to play like you know what, on offense and defense. Management pretty much stinks too.

collie1228
10-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Can't disagree Bluedog The Yankees look lost - three hits in seven innings against a mediocre pitcher. The only Yankee run was from a missed play by the umpire when Swisher was hit by a pitch but faked it. Lewis just stuck out his sixth Yankee. It's all over, I'm afraid. Maybe next year . . .

bluedog103
10-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Anybody know where we can get a G.M.? One who, unlike Cashman, knows how to put a bullpen together?
Then we have ol' number 28. Words can't describe my feelings about him. The Yanks won a bunch of games this year in spite of his mismanagement. They lost alot more for the same reason. Then he tried to get cute in the late season by giving away a bunch of games unstead of trying to win the division. Yeah, that worked, didn't it.
The offense, I have no idea what's wrong with those knuckleheads. You'd think with that kind of firepower they could routinely score 15 runs a game.
If I sound frustrated, sorry. This team should kick butt every time they go out.
It's over. George must be flipping over in his grave.

Bosoxfan
10-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Anybody know where we can get a G.M.? One who, unlike Cashman, knows how to put a bullpen together?
Then we have ol' number 28. Words can't describe my feelings about him. The Yanks won a bunch of games this year in spite of his mismanagement. They lost alot more for the same reason. Then he tried to get cute in the late season by giving away a bunch of games unstead of trying to win the division. Yeah, that worked, didn't it.
The offense, I have no idea what's wrong with those knuckleheads. You'd think with that kind of firepower they could routinely score 15 runs a game.
If I sound frustrated, sorry. This team should kick butt every time they go out.
It's over. George must be flipping over in his grave.

Sorry Yankee fans but you can't win'em all!!

tpop1
10-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Congratulations to Texas Fans.....Go for it!

wmchale
10-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Yanks were lucky to get as far as they did. Should have lost 4 straight
May it be 50 more years before the reach the world series again. Then they will know what ranger fans have been through, while rest of baseball enjoys

Shirleevee
10-23-2010, 06:50 AM
They left the real bats in NY!

Cano & Granderson can't carry the team! JMHO!:wave:NYY

2BNTV
10-23-2010, 10:25 AM
1. I'm watching Game 6 last night and screaming at the tv to not intentionally walk Hamilton in the 5th inning as I don't care what the book says to do. I felt Guerrero was going to get a big hit hit. Guerrorero doubled in two and Robertson gives up a two run homer to Cruz, game over.
2. Daaaaa Yankees lose.
3. Maybe the Yankees should hire me as psyhic. :)
4.Congratulations to the Texas Rangers as they outplayed the Yankees in all facets of the game.
5. We need to sign Cliff Lee for next year.
6. The most important thing that happened today is that the sun came up and I was able to see it. :)
7. Football season is something to look forward to. Go Giants.
8. Time to give my nerves a rest.

scarecrow1
10-23-2010, 12:45 PM
oops, now the yanks can go home and watch with Boston. As they say in Chi-town "wait til next year."