PDA

View Full Version : Help hooking Wii to wireless router

judylou
11-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Can someone please help me hook my Wii to my wireless router. It keeps asking for security code which I don't have. It is a Belkin router and I want to get Netflix on my TV. Thanks.

LELANDJANE
11-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I had to call Wii. They gave me the security code # and walked me through the hookup. Good luck

sandybill2
11-06-2010, 06:35 PM
We we programmed our WII for internet, we had to use the "security code" that we have for our internet access--we set this up when we programmed our router. Do you have one? It is the same code that our visitors have to enter on their computers to use them while visiting us.

rjm1cc
11-06-2010, 06:39 PM
When your router was set up you probably had secutiry turned on so no one else can use your router. Thus you have to give each new device the same security code so the router will accept them.
If you did not make any changes you might be able to find the manufactures standard security code on the internet.
I taped my code to the router since no one can read it over the net.

Hal :-)
11-06-2010, 10:08 PM
I assume you have a PC that works on the network. Try this. Click on the network in the Taskbar, then right-click on the active network, select properties and check show characters for the security key.

l2ridehd
11-07-2010, 05:36 AM
The Belkin wireless router can be and usually is set up without any security code. An unsecured network access point. The wii needs a code in order for netflix to send movies. Must be using a secured access point.

You need to go through the Belkin set up again and this time select security code yes, pick a code, use something you can remember. Your phone number, cell number, prior house number, something you will remember, then install the wii and use that code when it asks for it.

Belkin routers work well and are very low cost. But this is why. When wireless first came out, I used one. Easy to set up, very user friendly. Have now changed to all Linksys routers. They are not so easy to set up. They require you to use a security code. And sometimes a call to their help desk to install.