PDA

View Full Version : IE not Reponding Question

2BNTV
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
My Dell PC at home has been not responding when clicking on various web sites. I go to task manager and it says "not responding". I end the task and it asks to restore my last session. When I click to restore my last session, it says that windows is looking for a solution to the problem but never states what the problem is and the session is restored. I think it is my computer, as the one I use at work doesn't have the same problem.

I am running Windows Vista premium edition. This is no virus on my PC and since I have installed the latest window updates, it happens less frequently. I have deleted temp files and my cookies history under internet options. I have installed the latest McAfee updates yesterday.
Could it be I need an upgraded version of IE? Don't know what my present version is but I can look at it when I get home.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?

Any solutions will be appreciated.

l2ridehd
11-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Download Mozzilla Firefox and use that as your browzer. A lot of your problems will go away. Every internet hacker, data gatherer, spyware, malware, etc target IE. Much much less do MF and it is equally as good as IE. You set up google as your home page and the difference is zero except MF has fewer problems. I use it almost exclusively. Every time I follow a link it goes to IE and sure enough, it slows to a crawl.

TallerTrees
11-08-2010, 05:04 PM
My Dell PC at home has been not responding when clicking on various web sites. I go to task manager and it says "not responding". I end the task and it asks to restore my last session. When I click to restore my last session, it says that windows is looking for a solution to the problem but never states what the problem is and the session is restored. I think it is my computer, as the one I use at work doesn't have the same problem.

I am running Windows Vista premium edition. This is no virus on my PC and since I have installed the latest window updates, it happens less frequently. I have deleted temp files and my cookies history under internet options. I have installed the latest McAfee updates yesterday.
Could it be I need an upgraded version of IE? Don't know what my present version is but I can look at it when I get home.

Download Google Chrome as your new browser. Firefox is passe now. They have not kept up and Chrome has certainly passed them by. Here is the url to download:

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/landing_chrome.html?hl=en

l2ridehd
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
And that is exactly why I use Firefox. Because they are "passe" as talltrees says, they are not a target of all the internet spammers and spy ware. So they don't have all the baggage other browsers have. So therefor they continue to work extremely well and fast.

TallerTrees
11-08-2010, 05:21 PM
LOL Sorry l2, but FIREFOX is also passe now. Google Chrome is awesome. Even speeded up older machines. Lots of protection as well.

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en...ome.html?hl=en

Pturner
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi 2B,
Here are some more suggestions:

If you want to continue using IE, make sure you have the latest (IE8).

You could try disabling all add-ons. (Tools-- manage add-ons-- disable add-ons). If it works, you can re-enable one at a time.

I personally life Forefox, but think Google Chrome and IE are both fine browsers too.

Hope you get your problem fixed.

macro
11-09-2010, 07:55 AM

Problem I ran into with Vista Home Premium was one of the Adobe plug-ins. (I think it was flash player) Adobe didn't support the 64-bit operating system. their solution was to run IE in 32-bit mode. Didn't explain how to accomplish that, tho'. After much messing around, uninstalling plug-ins, re-installing, etc., etc. now, when I check task manager, it shows 'Iexplore.exe *32' is running. Have no idea how? still happens occasionally but much more stable now. :Screen_of_Death: