PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Review Your EMR (Electronic Medical Record) ASAP

PFT Man
07-16-2022, 01:18 PM
I am enrolled in The Villages United Health Care Advantage Plan.

I downloaded the app "United Healthcare" and reviewed my account information and medical record. I was astounded to see that approximately 2/3 of the information listed was in TOTAL ERROR. Medications that I have never had prescribed or taken, tests and results that I have never had, diagnoses that are not mine, wrong names to Covid vaccination manufacturer, and more. Frightening and not sure where to start to have corrected it.:what:

MartinSE
07-16-2022, 01:36 PM
That sounds terrible, good luck getting that mess straightened out!

Bogie Shooter
07-16-2022, 02:44 PM

I downloaded the app "United Healthcare" and reviewed my account information and medical record. I was astounded to see that approximately 2/3 of the information listed was in TOTAL ERROR. Medications that I have never had prescribed or taken, tests and results that I have never had, diagnoses that are not mine, wrong names to Covid vaccination manufacturer, and more. Frightening and not sure where to start to have corrected it.:what:
Why not contact your primary care doc?

Rainger99
07-16-2022, 05:35 PM
Did you contact your doctor for an explanation of the mistakes?

PFT Man
07-16-2022, 06:18 PM
Tried, worthless

PFT Man
07-16-2022, 06:23 PM
Did you contact your doctor for an explanation of the mistakes?

I did, they don't have a clue. The data from his office is correct. It looks like somehow the system has mixed someone else's record into mine.

villagetinker
07-16-2022, 06:30 PM

I am no expert here, but this is what I would do:
1. Contact the insurance company and file a formal complaint
2. Contact Medicare and file a formal complaint with them.
3. Contact Seniors Against Crime (a division of the FL Attorney General) and find out which government agency oversees the medical organization, then file a formal complaint with them.
4. A call to the upper management of the Villages health department may also get some attention.

Your choice as to what order you want to use. Hope this helps.

Bogie Shooter
07-16-2022, 06:31 PM
I have had questions about my United healthcare , went to the UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE STORE located in Lake Sumter Landing. Across the street from Citizens bank.
I found them very helpful.

Happydaz
07-16-2022, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=villagetinker;2116278]I am no expert here, but this is what I would do:
3. Contact Seniors Against Crime (a division of the FL Attorney General) and find out which government agency oversees the medical organization, then file a formal complaint with them.
4. A call to the upper management of the Villages health department may also get some attention.

Medicare offers higher reimbursement bonuses to Medicare Advantage plans that have “sicker” patients. Medicare Advantage plans have higher “sicker” patient rates than regular Medicare. Hopefully your situation is only an error, but at the least there appears to be a disconnect between the Villages Health plan and United Healthcare. Might be wise to follow the suggestions above.

jimschlaefer
07-17-2022, 05:59 AM

Several have offered places to file complaints, but the one that would probably get you more response, faster is to contact local news stations and give them the story to chase. Once the word is "on television and in the news" it will get an abundance of attention

Kgcetm
07-17-2022, 06:12 AM
Headline in today’s Daily Sun. I empathize with your problem. But it’s hard to celebrate when they don’t even have a system to manage our health information. The progress being made is insufficient and nothing more than marketing houses to those who also need healthcare.

I downloaded the app "United Healthcare" and reviewed my account information and medical record. I was astounded to see that approximately 2/3 of the information listed was in TOTAL ERROR. Medications that I have never had prescribed or taken, tests and results that I have never had, diagnoses that are not mine, wrong names to Covid vaccination manufacturer, and more. Frightening and not sure where to start to have corrected it.:what:[/QUOTE]

Bogie Shooter
07-17-2022, 06:25 AM
Headline in today’s Daily Sun. I empathize with your problem. But it’s hard to celebrate when they don’t even have a system to manage our health information. The progress being made is insufficient and nothing more than marketing houses to those who also need healthcare.

I downloaded the app "United Healthcare" and reviewed my account information and medical record. I was astounded to see that approximately 2/3 of the information listed was in TOTAL ERROR. Medications that I have never had prescribed or taken, tests and results that I have never had, diagnoses that are not mine, wrong names to Covid vaccination manufacturer, and more. Frightening and not sure where to start to have corrected it.:what:[/QUOTE]

You have been able to find who is to blame for the record mix up, how did you do that? So quickly.

FredJacobs
07-17-2022, 06:55 AM
Several have offered places to file complaints, but the one that would probably get you more response, faster is to contact local news stations and give them the story to chase. Once the word is "on television and in the news" it will get an abundance of attention

A waste of time to contact the newspaper and radio station. They are both owned by the developer and only carry good news. I often think that I would have to get my morning paper and turn to page A17 to learn that we are at war with China.

ThirdOfFive
07-17-2022, 07:01 AM
A waste of time to contact the newspaper and radio station. They are both owned by the developer and only carry good news. I often think that I would have to get my morning paper and turn to page A17 to learn that we are at war with China.
True enough, but those two Villages media are not the only game in town (so to speak). The newspapers of several larger cities near TV might love to get a story like that.

A word of caution: if you do go the media route, be sure you can document everything you say.

YvonneandScott
07-17-2022, 07:15 AM
Per HIPAA—it’s mandated it be corrected. Please Wait... | Cloudflare (https://patientengagementhit.com/news/understanding-patient-requests-for-ehr-corrections-changes)

jaye_wolfe
07-17-2022, 07:33 AM
First United Health Care is an insure provider, not an healthcare provider. The distinction is import because the insure provider is not maintaining by a medical professional charged with maintaining your health. Are they AMA Certified? Are there facilities JCAHO certified? Are they state certified?

There are a Healthcare providers that are using top flight EMR. My preference is Epic's EMR. It is a powerful tool built to provide continuity of care. All providers using Epic can be give access to your medical records even if they are affiliated different healthcare organizations down the street, in different cities, states and yes countries.

Petersweeney
07-17-2022, 07:39 AM
Simple fraud- someone or “office” got a hold of your info and is billing your insurance. This is trickling up from south Florida.

Blueblaze
07-17-2022, 07:40 AM
Maybe that explains why they locked me out of my own medical records after I switched to PMA.

I can still view 20 years of medical records back in Texas online, but if I want to see one year's worth of treatment at "The Villages Healthcare", I have to appear in person and fill out forms, after which they claim say they will release my records to me -- hardcopies only. It wasn't worth the effort for one year's worth of records, but that incident alone confirmed that I'd made the right choice in moving.

francinehoh@gmail.com
07-17-2022, 09:49 AM
there computer system was hacked a few months back and they were down for weeks.
maybe that had something to do with it but yes it is very scary

Holpat39
07-17-2022, 10:48 AM
I am no expert here, but this is what I would do:

Your choice as to what order you want to use. Hope this helps.

A little extreme!

PFT Man
07-17-2022, 11:38 AM
Good suggestions. I will follow up.

PFT Man
07-17-2022, 11:48 AM
A little extreme!

Not at all. I am a retired health care professional with 50+ years of experience as a self-employed diagnostic lab owner and department manager at major hospitals in Michigan.
I have gone to the mat many times to correct major problems and conditions. You have to go to the power source in order to get a resolution. I had hoped those days were behind me.

PFT Man
07-17-2022, 11:51 AM
there computer system was hacked a few months back and they were down for weeks.
maybe that had something to do with it but yes it is very scary

Not possible. I had close contact with what transpired during that period. Thank you for responding. I just encourage everyone to review your EMR

Happydaz
07-17-2022, 11:52 AM
It important to check your medical records and make sure they are correct. I had a medical office make some mistakes in extra diagnoses and a wrong height. (I have traditional Medicare.) I kept reminding them for a number of visits to correct my record. I had looked at my BMI and it looked like I was on a famine diet, then I saw their error, they had me at 84” tall! I am under 6 feet.
Sometimes there may be Medicare fraud where offices will “up code” patients to get more money from Medicare. That is why you might want to check in with a local Medicare office so they can look into it. If you work for an insurance company or a medical practice and are aware of wrongdoing you can contact the Medicare Fraud Strike Force office of the Inspector General. You would then fill out a Report of Medicare Fraud and may be eligible for a whistleblower award.

PFT Man
07-17-2022, 11:58 AM
First United Health Care is an insure provider, not an healthcare provider. The distinction is import because the insure provider is not maintaining by a medical professional charged with maintaining your health. Are they AMA Certified? Are there facilities JCAHO certified? Are they state certified?

There are a Healthcare providers that are using top flight EMR. My preference is Epic's EMR. It is a powerful tool built to provide continuity of care. All providers using Epic can be give access to your medical records even if they are affiliated different healthcare organizations down the street, in different cities, states and yes countries.

The hospital here in TV uses EPIC, I have no idea what UHC uses or how the system integrates. My guess is that the UHC website mixed databases. Their website has been down for the last two days since I found the problem

PFT Man
07-17-2022, 12:04 PM
It important to check your medical records and make sure they are correct. I had a regular Medicare office make some mistakes in extra diagnoses and a wrong height. I kept reminding them for a number of visits to correct my record. I had looked at my BMI and it looked like I was on a famine diet, then I saw their error, they had me at 84” tall! I am under 6 feet.
Sometimes there may be Medicare fraud where offices will “up code” patients to get more money from Medicare. That is why you might want to check in with a local Medicare office so they can look into it. If you work for an insurance company or a medical practice and are aware of wrongdoing you can contact the Medicare Fraud Strike Force office of the Inspector General. You would then fill out a Report of Medicare Fraud and may be eligible for a whistleblower award.

Data entry points are critical. Typically they are not monitored for error. As I mentioned in another response, the UHC website appears to be down. At least I was not able to log in to access my record. Thank you for your thoughts.

Topspinmo
07-17-2022, 02:15 PM
Maybe that explains why they locked me out of my own medical records after I switched to PMA.

I can still view 20 years of medical records back in Texas online, but if I want to see one year's worth of treatment at "The Villages Healthcare", I have to appear in person and fill out forms, after which they claim say they will release my records to me -- hardcopies only. It wasn't worth the effort for one year's worth of records, but that incident alone confirmed that I'd made the right choice in moving.

I bet there .50 cent charge per page for you own records? At lease that what it was several years ago when I wanted copy of my records. Another thing every time go to different office/ clinic/ urgent care you personnel information out there in file or on computer for anyone who can access you’re file information weeks, months, years, or how long they keep file?

Topspinmo
07-17-2022, 02:18 PM
A little extreme!

100 billion plus unfunded Medicare death little extreme also :22yikes:

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (https://www.usdebtclock.org/)

coffeebean
07-17-2022, 03:23 PM
~~~

PFT Man
07-17-2022, 04:26 PM
You have been able to find who is to blame for the record mix-up, how did you do that? So quickly.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry if I was unclear. I agreed with some of the suggestions given and plan to follow up, but I have no information now.

PFT Man
07-17-2022, 05:04 PM
I was able to log in to my EMR on the UHC website using a VPN and all is in order, It appears the Bad information is isolated to the UHC app. The app has been inaccessible for the last two days.

PFT Man
07-17-2022, 05:07 PM

Ditto. I can access my complete records from Mich back to 2000

PFT Man
07-17-2022, 05:36 PM
UPDATE

I have been able to access my UHC EMR on both the website and the Android app. The website information is 100% accurate and the app information is a disaster. I will follow up with whatever information I can find.

Bogie Shooter
07-17-2022, 05:54 PM
You have been able to find who is to blame for the record mix-up, how did you do that? So quickly.

I'm sorry if I was unclear. I agreed with some of the suggestions given and plan to follow up, but I have no information now.[/QUOTE]

My post was not directed to you…..

Bogie Shooter
07-17-2022, 05:58 PM
Not at all. I am a retired health care professional with 50+ years of experience as a self-employed diagnostic lab owner and department manager at major hospitals in Michigan.
I have gone to the mat many times to correct major problems and conditions. You have to go to the power source in order to get a resolution. I had hoped those days were behind me.

Wondering why, with your credentials and experience you go on social media looking for answers?

PFT Man
07-18-2022, 05:13 AM
Wondering why, with your credentials and experience you go on social media looking for answers?
When you are no longer part of the system your ability to access resources is zero. There are many people here in TV that have far more experience than I with the structure of the EMR systems.

Holpat39
07-18-2022, 01:15 PM

After reading your post I downloaded the app "United Healthcare" Every item in my account information was spot on. No mistakes whatsoever. I guess I'm a lucky one.

nancyre
07-18-2022, 09:30 PM
FYI - You should check your Dr's Portal after every visit. Report any errors in writing via the portal and bring a copy to the next appointment. It happens in all systems. I have found errors in my husband's VA records, his other Drs.
Things like no falls in L.6 months - when he was hospitalized for a fall that ended up with broken bones, Diabetic without insulin when he has been on insulin for 15+ years and the record clearly states the dosage of the insulin. If they refuse to correct, report to medicare - CMS and the joint commission.