PDA

View Full Version : License required?

sands
11-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Here's a dumb question, but my mother asked me and I wan't sure of the answer: do you have to have a driver's license to drive a golf cart at TV? (Not the non-street kind, cart paths only.)

Barefoot
11-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Here's a dumb question, but my mother asked me and I wan't sure of the answer: do you have to have a driver's license to drive a golf cart at TV? (Not the non-street kind, cart paths only.)

No questions are dumb on TOTV.

No license is required to drive a "normal" golf cart. Of course, you would want to insure your cart for liability.

For street-legal golf carts, motor vehicle rules apply. You need a valid driver's license, and a higher amount of insurance.

Niels
11-28-2010, 12:35 PM
No, you don't need a drivers license to drive a regular golf cart.

Different insurance companies have different rules concerning unlicensed drivers so make sure you tell your insurance company if you will have unlicensed drivers driving your cart.

GatorFan
11-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Allstate does not require you have a driver's license to obtain golf cart insurance.

Russ_Boston
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Allstate does not require you have a driver's license to obtain golf cart insurance.

I think Niels point was that you may have uninsured drivers driving the cart at times, not obtaining the insurance.

Mudder
11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
No license required, but you do have to be 14 years of age.

dolpterry
12-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Just watch the people driving them, you can tell they have no licence.

getdul981
12-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Just watch the people driving them, you can tell they have no licence.

If that is your guideline, I would go so far as to say that most of the drivers of automobiles don't have a licence either.