PDA

View Full Version : The New Buena Vista Cart Path

BBQMan
12-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I was able to drive my cart from Mulberry all the way down to the tunnel to go over to the polo grounds. The new paths are wonderful and I want to say thanks to everyone who helped in getting this done.

Larryandlinda
12-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I was able to drive my cart from Mulberry all the way down to the tunnel to go over to the polo grounds. The new paths are wonderful and I want to say thanks to everyone who helped in getting this done.

Thanks
Does this mean we can get from Buena Vista and Avalos/Talley Ridge intersection to the fields Saturday for the parade?

L and L

Pturner
12-05-2010, 06:08 PM

Here. Here.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

F16 1UB
12-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks
Does this mean we can get from Buena Vista and Avalos/Talley Ridge intersection to the fields Saturday for the parade?

L and L

Yep

Went to Mulberry dog park today all the way from Hadley. Fantastic ride, wide, and no bumps.

Larryandlinda
12-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Yep

Went to Mulberry dog park today all the way from Hadley. Fantastic ride, wide, and no bumps.

Fine and dandy
Look for some strange looking bikes and people and watch out for broken Champagne bottles next Saturday as we celebrate

L and L

bargee
12-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Congrats to all involved.The new paths are wonderful.:BigApplause:

Xavier
12-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I'd like to second the report that the new Cart Paths north of 466 are absolutely wonderful.

We took the dog for a really long cart ride today and traveled from Calumet to Savannah under Buena Vista and down El Camino Real to Freedom Point. The cart path is closed from Freedom Point to Morse Blvd so we went under El Camino Real through the Hospital lot to the Morse round-a-bout. We found the well hidden temporary access to the bridge over RT 27/441. We took a trip to Lowe's and then returned to Spanish Springs. Wandered around there for a bit and then traveled down Morse and crossed under 466. There we happened across a poor soul in a golf cart that couldn't find his way back to Buttonwood. We told him to follow us and we'd get him on the correct route back home. So we took him around Lake Sumter Landing to Buena Vista and told him to follow the Buena Vista Recreation Trail signs until he got back home.

We headed back up Buena Vista and took the route through Saddlebrook to see if the trail was open from there up to Savannah. It was. The tunnel under Buena Vista at Springdale is open so we took that and then hit the recreation path that goes through the Lopez course near the new dog run. We crossed back under Buena Vista at the Lopez CC and completed the round trip at Calumet. I've got to tell you that the dog is in "Cart Path" Heaven. He's been sound asleep since we got back.

Xavier

downeaster
12-06-2010, 12:37 PM

I agree. Not only are they wider and smoother, they have corrected a lot of prior errors. This is especially true around the tunnels.

There is one exception. Carts travelling south on BV and continuing on Talleyridge tend to not stop when turning on to Talleyridge. There is no dedicated cart lane at that merge so they are pulling out onto the main lane. The gate offers some protection but many carts merge without even looking for traffic. I don't know if it is possible to re-stripe that merge so the cart lane would extend all the way to the cart path.

I don't fault the design but sometimes it is necessary consider not too bright behavior on the part of the users..

Bogie Shooter
12-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I agree. Not only are they wider and smoother, they have corrected a lot of prior errors. This is especially true around the tunnels.

There is one exception. Carts travelling south on BV and continuing on Talleyridge tend to not stop when turning on to Talleyridge. There is no dedicated cart lane at that merge so they are pulling out onto the main lane. The gate offers some protection but many carts merge without even looking for traffic. I don't know if it is possible to re-stripe that merge so the cart lane would extend all the way to the cart path.

I don't fault the design but sometimes it is necessary consider not too bright behavior on the part of the users..

Not stop? I have never seen a cart not stop or yield when they should!