PDA

View Full Version : Need Golf Help

wendyquat
12-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I have depended on input from TOTV for months and now I need some help. My husband and I are renting in Santo Domingo for the month of December and neither us know one iota about golf. My brother in law is visiting this week and has been playing golf for years. He is 80 and has had some recent health problems that slow him down a bit but he doesn't realize it!! LOL I would love for him to get in a short game of golf this week but I have NO idea where to send him or who to call. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Wendy

Bogie Shooter
12-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I have depended on input from TOTV for months and now I need some help. My husband and I are renting in Santo Domingo for the month of December and neither us know one iota about golf. My brother in law is visiting this week and has been playing golf for years. He is 80 and has had some recent health problems that slow him down a bit but he doesn't realize it!! LOL I would love for him to get in a short game of golf this week but I have NO idea where to send him or who to call. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Wendy

Here is a site that will tell you how to get a tee time.
http://www.golfthevillages.com/tee-times/

wendyquat
12-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks Bogie. I'm sure I can get a tee time but can you just send one golfer out to play?? Thanks

Bogie Shooter
12-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks Bogie. I'm sure I can get a tee time but can you just send one golfer out to play?? Thanks

If you get a single tee time, others will see the three openings and I'm sure this time of the year there will be a full foursome. Or it could be filled by others seeking less than a foursome.

villages07
12-06-2010, 12:14 PM
wendy...or you can call the starter shack for any given golf course (el santiago and el diablo, chula vista and mira mesa are near you) any morning/day and see if they have any cancellations or openings. Not hard for a single golfer to get in. This would be for 9 holes executive golf which might be sufficient for him.

He just needs to bring his guest ID and $$ to play. $10 greens fee and $3.50 if he rides in a golf cart; no charge to walk.

disney07
12-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi Wendy, been there. Not one iota about golf Tee Times in TV. Went to one of the starter's shacks and spoke with the person there. Very Helpful, Simple Explanation on how I should proceed. Face to Face worked out very well. Hope you & your husband are enjoying yourselves and hope your brother in law has fun.

wendyquat
12-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks all! I think I see how it is done now! Will give it a try.:BigApplause:

golfnut
12-07-2010, 12:13 AM
if he has a guest pass, make sure he takes a picture ID with him...gn