PDA

View Full Version : Avoid Villages Airport Van

vernettm
05-08-2023, 02:33 PM
Lived in The Villages for over 7 years, travelling back and forth from Michigan every few weeks. We use shuttle frequently, as you can imagine. The Villages Airport Van has been great, even with the new longer wait times since COVID. The last few weeks, however, are unacceptable. With C470 closed to Marsh Bend, it's tricky getting on and off turnpike. The shuttle has gotten lost, driving in circles plus today's van had no air conditioning when my sil took it. When I got on, after waiting 40 minutes extra for the late van, I tried to tell the driver the best way to get on turnpike from my house in Marsh Bend, thru the Village of Newell. She told me to be quiet. She then circled around Warm Springs once, went to 301 passing the South turnpike, taking turnpike N, then off at 44 and then onto turnpike S. I called dispatch as I was concerned we wouldn't get to airport. Needless to say, we wasted at least 40 minutes driving in circles. My final trip, for sure. I am trying Groome

Babubhat
05-08-2023, 02:41 PM
Workman is the only choice for me. Don’t need sightseeing tour of Tv for an hour

dnobles
05-08-2023, 04:23 PM
We’ve had good luck with Groome, but our guest tried to take Groome back to the airport Booked. Getting too popular

vintageogauge
05-08-2023, 04:43 PM
6 years of using Workman and never a problem.

Pairadocs
05-08-2023, 05:21 PM
Lived in The Villages for over 7 years, travelling back and forth from Michigan every few weeks. We use shuttle frequently, as you can imagine. The Villages Airport Van has been great, even with the new longer wait times since COVID. The last few weeks, however, are unacceptable. With C470 closed to Marsh Bend, it's tricky getting on and off turnpike. The shuttle has gotten lost, driving in circles plus today's van had no air conditioning when my sil took it. When I got on, after waiting 40 minutes extra for the late van, I tried to tell the driver the best way to get on turnpike from my house in Marsh Bend, thru the Village of Newell. She told me to be quiet. She then circled around Warm Springs once, went to 301 passing the South turnpike, taking turnpike N, then off at 44 and then onto turnpike S. I called dispatch as I was concerned we wouldn't get to airport. Needless to say, we wasted at least 40 minutes driving in circles. My final trip, for sure. I am trying Groome

WOW, I agree with you, she certainly took the longest route if she did all that ! Did you miss your flight ??? Sure hope not.

tophcfa
05-08-2023, 08:49 PM
Workman is the way to go. It’s interesting to hear The Airport Van sucks even for those living south of 44. Imagine the tour of the Villages one has to go through before being dropped off north of 466.

RICH1
05-09-2023, 03:27 AM
I tried to tell the driver the best way to get on turnpike from my house in Marsh Bend, thru the Village of Newell. She told me to be quiet….

That would make me feel like I’m at home!

Aloha1
05-09-2023, 09:56 AM
We just drive our car and park at MCO. With 3 people, it's cheaper than paying for 3 round trip bus tickets.

kansasr
05-09-2023, 10:13 AM
Technically Meggison is not open to thru traffic. Please don’t blame them for not wanting to break the law!

JGibson
05-09-2023, 11:00 AM
I was actually in that van once longer than I was on the plane from NJ. Never use it from MCO to Spanish Springs as you will be dropped off last.

Aloha1
05-10-2023, 03:36 PM
Technically Meggison is not open to thru traffic. Please don’t blame them for not wanting to break the law!
They just haven't taken down the one remaining sign. If it's not open, why are they having Open Houses just a short distance from 470? After the one remaining sign.

N44125
05-11-2023, 03:44 AM
Always use Workman…always on time.

Two Bills
05-11-2023, 04:27 AM
Wife and I never worried about the tour of TV on arriving, it was quite interesting seeing what had been built during our absence.
However, we always hired a car one way, when returning to MCO.
Just in case!:icon_wink:

Rylee
05-11-2023, 04:50 AM
Where is 470 closed?

La lamy
05-11-2023, 05:24 AM
Agreed about The Villages Vans. I'm in the historic section and it takes FOREVER.........

MrFlorida
05-11-2023, 07:06 AM
We use Groome , never a problem.

airdote22
05-11-2023, 08:50 AM
We’ve had good luck with Groome, but our guest tried to take Groome back to the airport Booked. Getting too popular

Nobody uses them anymore, they are too crowded.

BlueStarAirlines
05-11-2023, 09:39 AM
Workman is the only choice for me. Don’t need sightseeing tour of Tv for an hour

Workman is consistently the best option.

Cybersprings
05-12-2023, 02:05 PM
Nobody uses them anymore, they are too crowded.

Thanks Yogi