PDA

View Full Version : Mint mobile reviews

vison34
05-09-2023, 11:25 AM
I have been looking for alternatives to my Verizon account and found that Mint Mobile advertises an ongoing rate of $15.00 a month for up to 5 GB when purchased for a 12 month period. I was wondering if anyone has used Mint Mobile and their thoughts and review of them.

tuccillo
05-09-2023, 11:32 AM
I have used them for a few years and they are fine, no issues. One correction to your post; for $15.00 per month the data is actually unlimited but the bandwidth may be reduced after 5 Gigabytes. I haven’t hit that limit in a month so I can’t comment on the impact. Mint Mobile offers other plans with higher monthly data limits before any potential bandwidth limits.

I have been looking for alternatives to my Verizon account and found that Mint Mobile advertises an ongoing rate of $15.00 a month for up to 5 GB when purchased for a 12 month period. I was wondering if anyone has used Mint Mobile and their thoughts and review of them.

retiredguy123
05-09-2023, 11:45 AM
Mint Mobile uses the T-Mobile network. I would look for a cell service that uses the Verizon network, which is the best network. I use Xfinity Mobile and my monthly bill is only $13.60 for 1gb of data. But I have never exceeded 1gb because most of my data usage is on wifi. Wifi is available almost everywhere in The Villages. It is unusual for a cell phone provider to require a 12 month contract. Almost all major providers have gone to month-to-month plans.

tuccillo
05-09-2023, 11:49 AM
It is a prepaid plan; you pay a year in advance. It is not a contract in the normal sense of the word for cellular companies. You don’t need to be a customer of any other service to get the Mint Mobile $15 per month price.

Mint Mobile uses the T-Mobile network. I would look for a cell service that uses the Verizon network, which is the best network. I use Xfinity Mobile and my monthly bill is only $13.60 for 1gb of data. But I have never exceeded 1gb because most of my data usage is on wifi. Wifi is available almost everywhere in The Villages. It is unusual for a cell phone provider to require a 12 month contract. Almost all major providers have gone to month-to-month plans.

MorTech
05-09-2023, 03:55 PM
Look into Tello.com as well.

smurphy
05-09-2023, 05:38 PM
If you have some hesitation, why not sign up as Monthly and either cancel or go annual.

Boilerman
05-09-2023, 10:13 PM
We’ve been happy Mint customers for about 4 years now. We prepay for the year, $15 a month per phone. Never had any issues, as mentioned already it is unlimited data with the 5 gig of high speed data per month. Unless you live in an area where T Mobile coverage is poor, I’m not sure why you’d pay more.

smow50
05-10-2023, 04:18 AM

Use them for 2 phones $15 each per month- no issues up North in NH or here in Florida!
Very helpful customer service
Can’t beat the price/ pay yearly- best decision ever to save money

edtherock
05-10-2023, 05:10 AM
I switched to Verizon visible at 15 bucks a month pay by the month. I set up auto pay. Very similar to Mint but uses Verizon’s network. I am 95% happy with them but up around Spanish springs in some areas the signal is a bit weak to surf the web - but cell calls make it through.

QUOTE=vison34;2215953]I have been looking for alternatives to my Verizon account and found that Mint Mobile advertises an ongoing rate of $15.00 a month for up to 5 GB when purchased for a 12 month period. I was wondering if anyone has used Mint Mobile and their thoughts and review of them.[/QUOTE]

Rinkerbert
05-10-2023, 05:13 AM
i have had the at&t unlimited talk,text and 16gb data plan now for 3 years it’s 25 per month must pay in full for the year. i was on a 1 year rv trip and never did not have service. they will not tell you about this plan in the store it must be purchased on line. when i first started it was 5gb per month but they have steadily increased it up to 16gb per month without raising the price.

Nevinator
05-10-2023, 05:36 AM
I’ve been using Mint Mobile for about 18 months. As a former Verizon customer, I have experienced no significant difference between either carrier in quality of service or coverage. You have the option of paying month to month or annually (in advance). If choosing to pay annually, you get a discount on the plan you select.

Overall, I’m glad I made the switch, reducing my Verizon bill from about $54 monthly to $240 per year (plus tax).

toeser
05-10-2023, 05:52 AM

Verizon was the best network. T-Moble's is now superior.

JGibson
05-10-2023, 05:54 AM
T-Mobile just bought Mint Mobile.

I did a free test drive with Mint and just like T-Mobile they have dismal upload speeds. Which can be an issue on a video call.

The way I see it cell service is not the area to cheap out on. All T-Mobile prepaid services including Mint are deprioritized and it may not affect you unless you’re in a congested area nevertheless with The Villages becoming more populated it may become an issue.

Unless you have a home phone skip eating out twice a month and get quality cell service.

Furthermore, T-Mobile just recently had another data breach and I promise you it's an inside job.

I just got my $8 check from the last data breach. They just don't seem to take security seriously.

JGibson
05-10-2023, 06:01 AM
Verizon was the best network. T-Mobile is now superior.

If you’re postpaid I guarantee your social is on the dark web.

If you have a Capital One check out Credit Wise and tell me if your social is on the dark web. T-Mobile executives should be in jail for all the data breaches.

Granted all companies have data breaches but nobody holds a candle to T-Mobile when it comes to data breaches.

Let's not forgot the SIM swamp debacle, imagine waking up one morning and someone else has your phone number.

Their hiring practice is a joke and all the inside fraud is a testament to that. But good luck, enjoy your $8 civil suit check and lifetime credit monitoring.

airstreamingypsy
05-10-2023, 06:57 AM
I have Verizon prepaid for $25.00 a month. Unlimited talk and text and 5 gigs data. I rarely reach 1 gig of data, and then only when I'm camping and away from wifi. I can't see giving up the best carrier to save $10.00 a month.

Nucky
05-10-2023, 07:06 AM
Sooner or later Verizon is going to upset you, they will invent a way we haven’t considered yet.

midiwiz
05-10-2023, 07:12 AM

must be your location, I have tmobile and verizon and my verizon is horrific.

retiredguy123
05-10-2023, 07:23 AM
Verizon was the best network. T-Moble's is now superior.
Do you have a source for that claim? Every independent review of cell networks I have read in the past 20 years or so rates Verizon as the best cell network. I recently did a Google search of cell independent reviews, and they still indicate that Verizon is the best.

CosmicTrucker
05-10-2023, 07:53 AM
Since moving to Florida last year I’ve had Xfinity mobile which is Verizon, AT&T , and currently Visible, which is a true Verizon network meaning Verizon owns Visible. I also have the cell and data package add on for my Apple Watch for $5 per month. Very pleased with the service and use WiFi calling while home since the cell signal is a bit weak inside my house.

NormaKW
05-10-2023, 07:57 AM
No problem at all signing up, great coverage, If you use me as your referral we noth get a free month

MsSurfer
05-10-2023, 08:49 AM
TMobile has a prepaid plan for $15 a month, but I don't see it advertised much, no contract. Texting can be spotty at times though.

dkaufnelson
05-10-2023, 09:53 AM
I used Mint Mobile very successfully for about a year before my son added me to his T-Mobile family plan. I used it traveling all over U.S. with no problems ever. Great deal for only $15 monthly! Only problem I have now is that _T-Mobile 5 G is weak here in Villages, so I had to switch my new 5G phone back to 4G in order to stop losing calls. I highly recommend Mint Mobile!