PDA

View Full Version : Let me Remind you...

ssmith
12-12-2010, 07:27 PM
of why you are there. It started snowing last night ( I am 3 hrs east of Chicago) and it hasn't stopped. As we speak we have 5 inches and it is supposed to keep snowing for the next 2 days. Then, on Tues., the high is supposed to be in the single digits!!! Yikes. Well, it is pretty, anyway, esp with it being so close to Christmas and the Christmas lights on the houses.

I know you all are cold but count your blessings!!!!

thomas borst
12-12-2010, 07:59 PM
take your time shoveling that white stuff. I hope u are in great health, and God Bless.
tom borst

jblum8156
12-12-2010, 08:54 PM
The question is -- why are you still there? C'mon down

nitehawk
12-12-2010, 10:38 PM
You can leave the shovel - but better bring those winter cloths

ssmith
12-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the good thoughts but we can't make it down until April. Heard it snowed in Atlanta....

brostholder
12-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Here in beautiful Toledo Ohio it's been snowing for more than 24 hours. Today our HIGH temperature is going to be 10 degrees and the wind chill is -5. We are driving down to TV this Thursday and it can't come soon enough!

graciegirl
12-13-2010, 07:33 AM
It is snowing here and it is beautiful. I watch while Sweetie clears the driveway for the fifth time in 24 hours. (I am the Princess!)

It is cold and windy and slippery and I like this stuff for a grand total of 48 hours.

We have had maybe an accumulation of six inches and everything grinds to a halt. Schools are on delay, the salt trucks and snow pushers are at it.

This month we have a nice young man from the Alps visiting us. Our granddaughter met Stefan when she was studying in Salzburg this spring. (Looks pretty serious to me)

He thinks this much snow is much ado about nothing.

Looking forward to joining all of you in the sun again after Santa Claus visits.

ssmith
12-13-2010, 06:17 PM
to Brostholder....brrrrrr

to Gracie, I agree great for about 48hrs!!!! Actually I do like the looks of it if only I didn't have to go out in it!!!!

chuckinca
12-13-2010, 06:30 PM
This month we have a nice young man from the Alps visiting us. Our granddaughter met Stefan when she was studying in Salzburg this spring. (Looks pretty serious to me)

He thinks this much snow is much ado about nothing.

We used to host foreign students for three weeks in the summer. Mostly from Japan and Taiwan but one year we had a boy from Salzburg - nice kid. Guess our 26 YO son caught the travel urge from them - he is teaching English this year in Spain. He went to Paris last week and first was in the air traffic controllers strike in Madrid and later got delayed going back in Paris due to the snowstorm there.

Pturner
12-13-2010, 06:40 PM
It's 24 degrees in "Hot"lanta, going down to a brutal 16 tonight. :cold:
And we don't even have snow to show for it. :cryin2: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Bill-n-Brillo
12-13-2010, 07:22 PM
It's 24 degrees in "Hot"lanta, going down to a brutal 16 tonight. :cold:
And we don't even have snow to show for it. :cryin2: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Come on up north - there's snow everywhere up this-a-way!! :)

Bill

ssmith
12-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Oh Pturner....I feel your pain

Pturner
12-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks, ssmith! I love moral support. :a040: