PDA

View Full Version : AAA Golf Cart Repair

NebraskaRon
12-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Anyone have experience with AAA Golf Cart repair?

I am signing up for 24-hour Cart Assistance program and their service Option uses AAA. I thought it might be convienent to use the same company.

Any thoughts?

Shimpy
12-20-2010, 04:44 PM

I am signing up for 24-hour Cart Assistance program and their service Option uses AAA. I thought it might be convienent to use the same company.

Any thoughts?

I am using 24 hour Cart Club & $35.00 per year. They will take my cart to anywhere I want them to take it and bring me home in the meantime. I initially got the service mainly because I live where there is a lot of construction and a lot of flat tires. By the way my wife was born in Omaha. I haven't yet had to call them for help.

CTgolfer
12-21-2010, 09:52 AM
The golf cart service companies do not "repair". They are more of a towing service and you still have to get the cart repaired... very similar to AAA service where they tow the car and you still have to get it fixed. I have neighbors who became "upset" with their golf cart service because they expected them to fix the problem.

MrMark
12-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Smart Marketing! AAA puts them first in the Yellow Pages.

Indy-Guy
12-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Have used AAA cart repair for a couple of years for general maintaince on the 2 carts that I have and always been happy.

Will continue to use them.

Larryandlinda
12-22-2010, 02:48 AM
We have been using ****Aide and been very pleased with the service. The two times we called them, they showed up very promptly. http://****aide.com/ $29.95 a year for regular golf carts or $49.95 for two carts in one household; $49.95 a year for LSVs.

As a community service to The Villages, from their website:
With your tires, safety, and convenience in mind, ****Aide has built a magnetic sweeper cart that cruises the Villages picking up metal road hazards. This sweeper is so popular, many Villagers actually volunteer to drive it for us to keep the streets and pathways clean and safe. That’s the kind of customer loyalty ****Aide inspires.

Larryandlinda
12-22-2010, 02:51 AM
I'm not sure why my last post appeared with asterisks everywhere I typed "****". Did I break some kind of rule?

Larryandlinda
12-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Oy. Even my question had the asterisks. I was trying to type "cart" but with a k rather than a c at the beginning.

zcaveman
12-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Maybe because they dropped their ad from TOTV? Or never applied for one?

I went to the site and am sure I saw it before from a link on TOTV.

bonnie60n
08-08-2011, 09:25 AM

Any thoughts?

i've used 24 hour cart service for 3+years---they're great!
i need service on my cart ...they referred me to AAA but the phone number was not working???

b

Larry Wilson
08-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Hope I'm not breaking a rule. Don't want anybody to think I am friends with or have any interest in these businesses. Just know there are many shady golf repair people and these seem very honest.

Have an 8 year old electric Club car with many many miles. We had "Battery Boys" put in better batteries, rewire so the lights come off all 6 batteries instead of one, lights turn off with the key, sealed battery terminals, and put on two new tires, cheaper than any advertised price we could find. We have gone 60 miles on it in one day and it never shows a decline charge. We go from one end of the Villages to the other and then to a somebody's house and finish off with a town square with no decline in charge. Just great to never worry about charge and get this kind of distance.

Battery Boys recommended Joe's Carts Service to do our rear break pads. Villagers run both these businesses.

TOTV Team
08-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Sta Rite Golf Carts is a TOTV resident golf cart expert and they are also a Village resident. If they can help anyone you can call Frank at 352-326-3100.

Brewster
08-08-2011, 11:08 AM
It is plain to see why there are so many unhappy customers when it comes to golf car repair. Seems if you have some tools and put a sign up that says"golf cart repair" your in the business. But if you look closer, you will see that there has been very little training and the hired help is anyone who can turn a wrench. You need to really look around for someone who is not learning on your cart. if you want to knowabout a company contact me, I have horror stories that would make you think twice about using them. So if you want a former candy factory worker , or ex lawenforcement, or auto mechanic, then continue on. Even though some have had good experiences, you
may not realize or seen the lack of ability until a later date. All I can say is do some research on a repair before you have the work done, like you should on any project. You'll be glad you did.

Indydealmaker
08-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Maybe because they dropped their ad from TOTV? Or never applied for one?

I went to the site and am sure I saw it before from a link on TOTV.

If the asterisks were added by admin because the vendor is not an advertiser, then a valuable advertising sales tool is being trashed. Referrals bring business and it is an easy "sell" to demonstrate that relatively cheap advertising can "feed" off of our referrals.

If forum admin is afraid of complaints from current advertisers, it might be an opportune time to evaluate that negative feedback. The only current advertisers that are likely to complain about our referrals are those that are not getting our referrals, for which there is likely to be a good (bad) reason. One could make a case that under-performing advertisers do not belong on a community forum of this type because members often perceive the advertiser to be "pre-endorsed" by the forum. This could result in expensive mistakes for our members. In fact a higher advertising fee can be charged if the advertisers have earned a TOTV seal of approval.

Granted, I don't run a forum, but I do have 40 years of marketing experience. Our members have repeatedly demonstrated that they enjoy recommending good vendors and I firmly believe that this practice can be as good for the forum as it is for those getting the recommendations.