PDA

View Full Version : Star Golf Carts

brostholder
12-20-2010, 08:24 PM
My wife and I are looking to buy our first golf cart. We first looked at Village carts in LSL. The salesperson there was really pushing gas carts. He said that for every 100 carts they sell, 90 are gas. The prices were pretty steep(I think) with 4 seaters going for anywhere from 8 to 11k. We also went to allstar carts in the best buy shopping center on 441. They were selling brand new electric carts with a fold down rear seat for 7k. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

woolman44
12-20-2010, 08:54 PM
I love my gas Club Car 4 seater, it is great going up all the hills near Hadley and Amelia. I also try to buy USA made products and keep the $$$ here instead of going to China.

jojo
12-20-2010, 09:34 PM
I have a Star cart that is almost 2 years old. Love it - especially the fold-down back seat. There is a slight loss of power on the big hill at Amelia but it doesn't bother me at all. I think the dealer provides good service. I have had no problems with the cart.

hdh1470
12-20-2010, 10:35 PM
When looking at dealers at used carts every star cart was being sold as is.The other brands no matter how old had some type of warranty need I say more.

Vinny
12-21-2010, 11:11 PM
I have my Star 48v two seater for 7 months now and love it. Very quiet and fast. Had a few squeaks here and there that were fixed promptly. Come right to your house and repair it there if possible. Had the watering kit installed and watering the batteries is a snap once a month. No worry about where to get gas or the cost. Got mine with bucket seats that move forward and back t adjust for people of all sizes.

cunch
12-22-2010, 08:48 AM
I have a Star Cart that I purchased in Fort Myers. Moved here and the service has been excellent. In fact the new owners of the star dealership own the club car franchise in Fort Myers. Really are good people to do business with. The lady in TV is Robin and she does a great job. I would recomend the star for the price difference. P>S> I also own a club car.

NJblue
12-23-2010, 04:50 PM
We have had a Star Car for almost a year with no problems.

brostholder
12-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks all for your feedback. From what I've read, people who own a star have been very happy with them. I may just give them a shot.

Vinny
03-24-2011, 11:01 AM
When looking at dealers at used carts every star cart was being sold as is.The other brands no matter how old had some type of warranty need I say more.

Perhaps they were not authorized repair centers or familiar with the cart. Buy one used from a Star dealer if you want a used Star cart.